PDA

View Full Version : windows memory

marcoR
09-13-2003, 04:10 PM
could the new version, if the window is resizable at all, have window memnory, where it remembers the location, of both the player list, and the playing window, and the size of both, so that one doesn't have to resize them everytime, I don't thnk it would be that hard... infact I know it wouldn't

Dach
09-13-2003, 05:00 PM
That would be nice, well atleast untill my computer decides to screw it up like it does everything else...

-Ramirez-
09-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by marcoR
could the new version, if the window is resizable at all, have window memnory, where it remembers the location, of both the player list, and the playing window, and the size of both, so that one doesn't have to resize them everytime, I don't thnk it would be that hard... infact I know it wouldn't
The main window would be the only thing that would have this feature programmed into the exe. The playerlist is going to be scriptable, and will be inside the Graal window. So I would imagine you could script it to save the positions somehow.

Anyway, yeah, I'd like to see this added too. I can't stand having to move/resize Graal EVERY time I open it.

marcoR
09-13-2003, 07:37 PM
I thought people complained so much about that, that they were going to just put it back *shakes fist at stefan* blast you! I wanted the normal back! anyways, 3 years of resizing my window is starting to aggitate me.

Admins
09-13-2003, 07:44 PM
In v3 you can set the size of the window, and for the scripted windows the positions can be saved in script variables yes

marcoR
09-13-2003, 08:10 PM
:D yay at you =D

-Ramirez-
09-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Stefan
and for the scripted windows the positions can be saved in script variables yes
So that means there's going to be some way to save variables offline? Or will it have to be saved in your account on the server? (Which seems very... weird... and would be different for each server)

marcoR
09-13-2003, 08:44 PM
perhaps in the registery, or.. console, or something..

superb
09-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by marcoR
perhaps in the registery, or.. console, or something..
Wouldn't be the registry because V3 is cross-platform.

Python523
09-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by -Ramirez-

So that means there's going to be some way to save variables offline? Or will it have to be saved in your account on the server? (Which seems very... weird... and would be different for each server)

theres a function for saving text files in a folder on your computer (graalfolder/scriptfiles)

Admins
09-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Might possibly move the the scriptfiles-folder to the players home directory so that the same installation can be used by many players