PDA

View Full Version : Weaponmagic

graaliholic
09-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Every other attack type you can get resistance to, from a god or an item, but not weaponmagic. Since there is no way to get resistance to it, and I don't see any monsters that have a resistance to it. Out of all the resistances that you can get for attacktypes, physical, magic, fire, cold, electricity, confusion, weaponmagic poison, slow, fear, deplete, death, and blind, only weaponmagic you can't get any resistance to, meaning if you get hit with a weapon of Govannon, you're automatically going to take full damage. You can also get spells that do acid (have yet to see someone get vitriol from balor), paralyze, turn undead, cancellation (disabled because people complained, :o), counterspell, godpower (from cause wound spells) and holy word, all of which only counterspell and godpower can't be resisted (godpower for obvious reasons), and the left out attack types chaos and ghosthit. Out of all of it, I just find weaponmagic the most unfair, because you will always do take full damage against anyone who follows govannon, with absolutely no chance to resist it. :\ :o :(

--Chris--
09-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Zormite blade has ghost hit

Edit: On another note, not only can weaponmagic not be resisted but it can't be decreased either. Some people may have -fire, cold, magic resist and such and when hit by let's say a flaming sword, inferno sword, my axe, a spell, etc it would do more than weaponmagic.

What exactly does acid do?

MasterNuke
09-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Zormite blade has ghost hit

Edit: On another note, not only can weaponmagic not be resisted but it can't be decreased either. Some people may have -fire, cold, magic resist and such and when hit by let's say a flaming sword, inferno sword, my axe, a spell, etc it would do more than weaponmagic.

It does? Does it not show up with you right click the ZB?

DenoriZakarum
09-10-2003, 03:56 PM
you have to id the ZB before you can see it

GoZelda
09-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Didn't knew that =o

MasterNuke
09-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by DenoriZakarum
you have to id the ZB before you can see it
I did.

DenoriZakarum
09-11-2003, 01:10 AM
well, all the ZBs ive had have the ghosthit ability

Ziro_Vitrudestec
09-11-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by DenoriZakarum
well, all the ZBs ive had have the ghosthit ability

I thought they removed it.

graaliholic
09-11-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--

Along from the usual taking damage if your resists suck, one random piece of equipment gets -1 EVERY time you take acid damage. If you have bracers, those are the first to get totally screwed.

Satrek2000
09-18-2003, 05:50 PM
You mean you can get an item to +6 ivnesting roughly 6k and maybe more to get someone (well, tec) do it, then someone walks by, casts a theoretical acid attack on you 6 times, and you're down to zero? Or maybe even minus, or the item completely disolving?

graaliholic
09-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
You mean you can get an item to +6 ivnesting roughly 6k and maybe more to get someone (well, tec) do it, then someone walks by, casts a theoretical acid attack on you 6 times, and you're down to zero? Or maybe even minus, or the item completely disolving?

It doesn't work every time, (depends on your level vs theirs plus your acid resists) and yes it could go down to 0 or even lower, but it'll never completely dissolve, and now that cancellation got disabled (stupid people complaining) you have to use that pool to get it back to normal.

Satrek2000
09-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Hm... if there was a way to restore your weapons without pool-cleaning them, maybe investing a few rescources, acid-effects would be nice, given there was some acid weapon which would suffer from the effects itself... well, sounds like a nice idea, but the way it is now... good that the only acid spell is quite out of reach

graaliholic
09-20-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Hm... if there was a way to restore your weapons without pool-cleaning them, maybe investing a few rescources, acid-effects would be nice, given there was some acid weapon which would suffer from the effects itself... well, sounds like a nice idea, but the way it is now... good that the only acid spell is quite out of reach

There was a way without pool cleaning it. It was called cancellation.

Satrek2000
09-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by graaliholic
There was a way without pool cleaning it. It was called cancellation.

I guess I've been away too long - I never used cancellation, and I had no idea it was removed, or there was reason for people to complain about it...

poop3131
10-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Ahem...Whats Ghosthit do... x.x

graaliholic
10-08-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by poop3131
Ahem...Whats Ghosthit do... x.x

It's just an attacktype, like fire, cold, magic, etc.