PDA

View Full Version : unholy nation's levels

la-la-la
06-14-2001, 06:37 AM
lol i already no that tha levels suck but o well just a poll to see whut u ppl think

CrazedMerlin
06-14-2001, 08:46 AM
They make merlin wanna cry :(

XilosTinsu
06-14-2001, 09:12 AM
I don't know I can't get on, I get for heart thingys then Graal freezes.

Neonight
06-14-2001, 10:54 AM
=X I didn't even go on. The pix sucked so bad I just threw up! It was supposed to be an "all great server" Sorry AcidIce. Learn how to make lvls before making servers. Same for ur crappy lats.

la-la-la
06-14-2001, 11:30 AM
lol u could tell who tha newbs were when u were on there cuz they were on there tryin to git jobs by saying "this server is awesome" and "these levels rule" meanwhile im here disgusted by these shits

LiquidIce00
06-14-2001, 01:03 PM
=\
uhmm
tell me a good server then that has 'awesome' levels .
and if you didnt even go on then dont say our levels are crappy.
^_^
go look at trent city you see how 'crappy' our levels are.
ok?

oh and btw. our whole world was done by hand.
so at least you dont go thru 30000000 levels of pure grass with bushes.
;)

smallballn13
06-14-2001, 02:19 PM
there isnt that bad of levels!
its still under constuction u know

Solareon
06-14-2001, 05:54 PM
they let 15 year olds own a Playerworld????? Now I'm truley scared of what is going to happen

CrazedMerlin
06-14-2001, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by LiquidIce00
=\
uhmm

hmmm
ok
TOT and Valkorlia

LiquidIce00
06-15-2001, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by CrazedMerlin

hmmm
ok
TOT and Valkorlia

TOT only has like 10 levels on the server..
they got good npc's ... but you cant compare a free server npc to a p2p server npc.

Thak2
06-15-2001, 12:08 AM
hey liquid.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 12:08 AM

they got good npc's ... but you cant compare a free server npc to a p2p server npc.

Of course you can. The only difference is the NPC server, so weapons are mostly identical.

Admins
06-15-2001, 12:12 AM
I deleted the 5th option because its like
harassement and not fair

Thak2
06-15-2001, 12:23 AM
stefan, when will euro server be back up, and whats wrong with it ?

LiquidIce00
06-15-2001, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
I deleted the 5th option because its like
harassement and not fair

It's okay people can think what they want =D
Just let them really see our playerworld as a whole but not as 3 levels that they have seen and they will change their minds.

LiquidIce00
06-15-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Of course you can. The only difference is the NPC server, so weapons are mostly identical.

you can?
how can you compare bomys, gully races, farming, mining,
to a free server?
do you even know what a NPC Server can do?

Thak2
06-15-2001, 12:44 AM
liquid get on icq :P

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 12:46 AM

you can?
how can you compare bomys, gully races, farming, mining,
to a free server?
do you even know what a NPC Server can do?

You are a very silly person. Of course I know what the NPC server does, but you can make most things without it. Sure, they'll be of lower quality, but big deal. Use your imagination and it's no problem.

And you can make bomies without the NPC server.

Thak2
06-15-2001, 12:46 AM
im yakuna by the way not thak x_X

Thak2
06-15-2001, 12:47 AM

You are a very silly person. Of course I know what the NPC server does, but you can make most things without it. Sure, they'll be of lower quality, but big deal. Use your imagination and it's no problem.

And you can make bomies without the NPC server.

you so badly contradicted yourself..... you just admitted they would be of lower quality ..... some people are so stupid..

Neonight
06-15-2001, 12:54 AM
Sorry just testing signature ;)

Neonight
06-15-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Neonight
Sorry just testing signature ;)

erm what's the script?

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Thak2

you so badly contradicted yourself..... you just admitted they would be of lower quality ..... some people are so stupid..

Lower quality but still possible. If I was stupid I wouldn't be one of the best scripters here.

Neonight
06-15-2001, 01:08 AM

Don't dis him. I know for a fact 75% or more of the people posting on this board are better than you.

Thak2
06-15-2001, 01:10 AM

Don't dis him. I know for a fact 75% or more of the people posting on this board are better than you.
urm.... who said anything about 75% being better?
all im saying is he contradicted himself, and i very mush doubt he is one of the best posting on this board :-/

Neonight
06-15-2001, 01:11 AM

urm.... who said anything about 75% being better?
all im saying is he contradicted himself, and i very mush doubt he is one of the best posting on this board :-/

He's about the 3rd-4th best scripter in Graal. -_-

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:12 AM

Only 3rd or 4th? *cries*

Yes, I'm kidding.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:13 AM

i very mush doubt he is one of the best posting on this board :-/

Lots of people doubt me before I prove myself, and I don't blame them. But usually at least they manage to spell "much" right.

Thak2
06-15-2001, 01:13 AM

define to me exactly how you managed to figure out he is 4th or 5th best in graal?
see ... i dont see no world wide test that ranks people.....
i program in c++ ( which helps me greatly in graal scripting ) and i believe alot of people do that, and so therefore it is hard to make a list of who the best scripters are. you can define him as good, but not 4th or 5th best

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:14 AM

define to me exactly how you managed to figure out he is 4th or 5th best in graal?
i program in c++ ( which helps me greatly in graal scripting ) and i believe alot of people do that, and so therefore it is hard to make a list of who the best scripters are. you can define him as good, but not 4th or 5th best

I actually agree with you. It's difficult to put an exact number on it, but it's sufficient to say that I'm good. Good enough to know what I'm talking about when it comes to the NPC Server.

Neonight
06-15-2001, 01:17 AM

Yea I know C++ and regualr C too but you frankly don't NEED to know them to even script!

Thak2
06-15-2001, 01:20 AM

I actually agree with you. It's difficult to put an exact number on it, but it's sufficient to say that I'm good. Good enough to know what I'm talking about when it comes to the NPC Server.
ill be the first to admit, i have little knowledge of the NPC user, simply because ive never been on the controlling side of it, but it seems to me, that the capabilities of the NPC server far outweigh those of the standard NPC scripting method... therefore, it is still unfair to compare Server NPC scripts with standard ones :P
so, back to the topic........
i agree, that unholy nation needs alot of work, i think the scripting is of a good standard what i have seen, and the levels are good, but could be improved. i like levels to be kept real, when i make a level, i think ..... do you get trees stuck together in the middle of a town? or do you get bushes growing under trees where there is no light for them to live? ... i think it is simple details such as that which make or break as erver, and at the moment its breaking unholy nation. but i have faith that all levels will be tweaked... i mean after all, this is the first edition of it, and there is far more to come........ i hope to help out in the tweaking of the levels, but i got mah own server to worry about :)
hehe ... point made i think.....

Neonight
06-15-2001, 01:21 AM
whats the HTML script to get a pic in a signature?

Thak2
06-15-2001, 01:21 AM

Yea I know C++ and regualr C too but you frankly don't NEED to know them to even script!
im not saying you do NEED to know them, but it helps a damn lot i tell you.....

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:24 AM

im not saying you do NEED to know them, but it helps a damn lot i tell you.....

Any programming experience helps, but in the end logic prevails as the key qualification.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
06-15-2001, 01:54 AM
The levels aren't that bad, the server is good, it's just filled with so many crappy noobs from Classic it pisses me off :mad:

Yesterday I went on and I hardly played for 5 min, I thought my comp was gonna crash from all those damn masses

LiquidIce00
06-15-2001, 02:15 AM
whats the HTML script to get a pic in a signature?

Vbscript aka ASP

its

yoururlhere

if it didnt show up its cuz it messed up.

and Yak or Thak. whoever posted erm in a city I do get bushes and trees together, at least in my city its not a jungle every1 made nice gardens and such to make it look good.
and something can grow under a tree because the sun moves in a 180 so it would get light neways, just not thru out the whole day.
and Kaimetsu , dont judge yourself in scripting because you dont even know whats out there.
You can see what you want but you never seen it all so you really cant judge.

and btw, I script ASP, Graal, Java, flash, cgi, and html. I program c++, vb, and more ..

and just because Antago made bomys or because some other guy made this or that doesnt mean they r the best. In time you can do anything. If i wanted to I could just go get back to c++ and make a nice little version of a Graal/Zelda type game.
Scripting isnt really a race it just matters of how much you practice it and how much math and ideas you have. If I dont have a good idea but I still make a whole bunch of scripts that r good but the idea arent that good ppl wont say ima good scripter , but if i go and make something cool then im good. but not really because they might have taken the same skills. I learned that back when I used to do API with different windows handlers and such. I made an idler for zone and i was big tough guy but when I made a program that actually took skill and took me time to make but wasnt as usefull as an idler ppl didnt see me as that good of a programmer.

Erm . yeah confusing but whatever..

and NPC Server against a free server is not fair. do a gani npc that can change level and do alot of stuff , and then do a showimg that cant change level ..
thats not right is it ?

CrazedMerlin
06-15-2001, 02:24 AM
Kami is a awsome scripter, I doubted him once, never again lol

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 02:26 AM
and Kaimetsu , dont judge yourself in scripting because you dont even know whats out there.
You can see what you want but you never seen it all so you really cant judge.

I never said I was the best. But it's certainly possible to assess where I fit in the ranks of active scripters.

and just because Antago made bomys or because some other guy made this or that doesnt mean they r the best.

I'm sure Kyle would cry if you told him that Antago made bomies. Antago can't script. Get used to it.

In time you can do anything.

That's the thing. You can't. Everybody has their limits.

If i wanted to I could just go get back to c++ and make a nice little version of a Graal/Zelda type game.

If you were intelligent enough, and I don't know if you are or not. I'm not judging: merely making a point.

Scripting isnt really a race it just matters of how much you practice it and how much math and ideas you have. If I dont have a good idea but I still make a whole bunch of scripts that r good but the idea arent that good ppl wont say ima good scripter , but if i go and make something cool then im good. but not really because they might have taken the same skills.

You have a point, but everybody's skill would shine through eventually.

I learned that back when I used to do API with different windows handlers and such. I made an idler for zone and i was big tough guy but when I made a program that actually took skill and took me time to make but wasnt as usefull as an idler ppl didnt see me as that good of a programmer.

I know what you mean. A good programmer would recognise it if it was good, though. It depends on the audience.

and NPC Server against a free server is not fair. do a gani npc that can change level and do alot of stuff , and then do a showimg that cant change level ..
thats not right is it ?

Alright, there are restrictions, but they're not crippling. Do you NEED bomy pets to make a good server? Of course not. The same applies to lots of things. You could make a whole new race like my Drakkara if you wanted to - the restrictions are mainly the ones you invent for yourself.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 02:29 AM
Kami is a awsome scripter, I doubted him once, never again lol

Thanks, Merlin. Now I've just got 3124729 more people to convince...

Solareon
06-15-2001, 05:16 AM
that people somehow relate themselves to being better than someone else just because of the fact that they can do something unrelated to the subject at hand (eg. I know c++ so I am better than you at Graal scripting.) Get the point?

People can brag all they want but they will never be better than anyone else could be because of one simple fact "All men are created equal" (todays more modern version "All humans are created equal") The bad things that happen in a persons life are the result of them not caring for their right to be equal and trying to be better.

Now to make this all fair and square and rule out that I own you all in scripting (yes I am contradicting myself so don't quote me on this) read the attachment. It is a whole graal level with soem gifs for my weapon. Do not distribute or use in your own levels unless you ask me and you will will be given a proper script which gives me credit.

T-Squad
06-15-2001, 07:48 AM
You people are idiots, Kai would own you all in scripting *hides before Kyle sees this*

annr
06-15-2001, 07:55 AM
its funny how i hear so much crap about that pw even though it always seems to have over 100 players on it...
and neo, just dissing them then pming me about getting a job there.
hehe.

annr
06-15-2001, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Solareon
they let 15 year olds own a Playerworld????? Now I'm truley scared of what is going to happen

whats scary is the amount of kids under 13 playing even though they aren't allowed.
i don't understand how someone of legal age is scary....

TB3
06-15-2001, 09:36 PM
Ummmm im 15 and your point??? I can out wit or script you any day of the week. But I do understand where you are coming from. People like Ice Prick havin an entire *** server of scripts stolen from Shadow Dragons its pathetic I've never seen anything so idiotic or pathetic. I just found out I cannot get some new commands in the next version due to stefan thinks someone will use it the wrong way and considering half of PW owners and workers are idiotic in a manner beyond my comprehension they would cause massive complience problems with Joysticks and controlers so in other words people are idiots and the people that can script worth anything are limited to something fit for an idiot..... but I guess as all good scripters you must work with what you have to achieve what you want....

that people somehow relate themselves to being better than someone else just because of the fact that they can do something unrelated to the subject at hand (eg. I know c++ so I am better than you at Graal scripting.) Get the point?

People can brag all they want but they will never be better than anyone else could be because of one simple fact "All men are created equal" (todays more modern version "All humans are created equal") The bad things that happen in a persons life are the result of them not caring for their right to be equal and trying to be better.

Now to make this all fair and square and rule out that I own you all in scripting (yes I am contradicting myself so don't quote me on this) read the attachment. It is a whole graal level with soem gifs for my weapon. Do not distribute or use in your own levels unless you ask me and you will will be given a proper script which gives me credit.
I didnt feel like reading it all but i hope that was sarcasm.

Not the contradiction the Quote: "I own you all in scripting"

Yes, I had to quote this after seeing the npc included and reading what you said I am now Truly disturbed. *breaks out kyles shotgun*

LiquidIce00
06-19-2001, 06:12 AM
do you think Stefan just programs everything in a snap?
I dont wanna speak for him but I bet he had MANY MANY MANY problems and if you told him when he first started Graal that it would come all this way I doubt he would believe.

and yes you can do nething in programming if you take your time.
if you have common sense and you want to do it you can ;)

Er1c
06-19-2001, 07:18 AM

WOAH THERE!

If you read the message board NPC on TOT, you would have found out that we aren't releasing the levels untill they are closer to being finished. As of now, we have 2006 levels, little more then 10...

annr
06-20-2001, 08:40 AM
i've had a change in opinion

LiquidIce00
06-20-2001, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by annr

anna, thats because you have chosen to connect the maps and you downloaded our map.
I have done pretty much the rest correctly.
I havent fixed that section because that was the last part and its still not done.

annr
06-20-2001, 10:26 AM
you know thats not the only reason my opinion of you and your pw changed

Merlin2
06-20-2001, 01:05 PM
=\
uhmm
and if you didnt even go on then dont say our levels are crappy.
^_^
go look at trent city you see how 'crappy' our levels are.
ok?

oh and btw. our whole world was done by hand.
so at least you dont go thru 30000000 levels of pure grass with bushes.
;)

Um the levels on that server are horrible. Isn't 30,000,000 a lot of levels?

Merlin2
06-20-2001, 01:14 PM
i think you all need to grow up.

my friend is 31 and he don't play Graal. He used to work for Timer Warner, then he designed 3D Game engines, now he's designing webpages and many different programs... and getting payed for it.

I think you ALL need to shut the hell up and leave Graal. Who cares about your playerworld? Once my playerworld goes down I'm quiting and never coming back.

ownerofbabylon
06-20-2001, 01:15 PM
I agree with merlin LOL

CrazedMerlin
06-20-2001, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by annr
That saddly, is a summery of unholy nation, :(.

Falcor
06-20-2001, 10:44 PM
Wern't you guyz talking about levels? NPC server doesnt make levels better =P