PDA

View Full Version : Retaining Items

Taladar14
08-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Although I've been playing Graal for years now, I've recently taken up UO (Ultima Online) and have been spending most of my time on it. I still wish to keep playing Graal, but probably not on Kingdoms...When my Gold subscription runs out, will my character on Kingdoms lose all my items and stats, or will they stay until I renew the subscription? Thanks in advance.

LordZen
08-30-2003, 05:09 AM
If your gold time runs out, and you re-upgrade a year from now, you should still have your old character and all his things...provided that Graal Kingdoms has not gone through a reset in that time period. :)

Ziro_Vitrudestec
08-30-2003, 05:31 AM
I doubt you'll have your items. Now that you're showing you won't be supporting Graal with money (and instead going to another MMORPG), our friends down at Cyberjouers may decide to mess up your character kind of as a warning to never turn your back on them again. Now if you didn't bother to post this on the forums, you could count on keeping your character data.

protagonist
08-30-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
I doubt you'll have your items. Now that you're showing you won't be supporting Graal with money (and instead going to another MMORPG), our friends down at Cyberjouers may decide to mess up your character kind of as a warning to never turn your back on them again. Now if you didn't bother to post this on the forums, you could count on keeping your character data.

Doubt it.

gozen
08-30-2003, 07:57 AM
I had a level 10 Priest, and than my gold ran out, a year later I upgraded, and the account was reset.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
08-30-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by gozen
I had a level 10 Priest, and than my gold ran out, a year later I upgraded, and the account was reset.

Did you tell them you were leaving to play something else? If so, that's probably the reason. If not, they probably did a random account check for who decided to abandon Graal. And if not that, there was probably just a reset.

busyrobot
08-31-2003, 05:38 AM
I can only expect that it would be a data purge of non active expired members, I wouldn't expect that data to float around for a year.

Qwert616
08-31-2003, 05:40 AM
They really shouldn't alter your account because you are leaving to play another MMORPG. Are you sure that information is correct? :/

brock128
08-31-2003, 05:43 AM
uo = evil
wow = "leet"

Ziro_Vitrudestec
08-31-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Qwert616
Are you sure that information is correct? :/

It's not official, but it's common sense in a business world.

Qwert616
08-31-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec

It's not official, but it's common sense in a business world.

Eh...it doesn't make sense to me. Deleting their information only brings about a lesser chance of them coming back.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
08-31-2003, 06:39 AM

Eh...it doesn't make sense to me. Deleting their information only brings about a lesser chance of them coming back.

You wouldn't know you lost your items untill after you paid for another subscription (likely a whole other year of Graal). Within that year, you'd become addicted to something all over again and forget about how you're mad about losing your items. Graal is quite a powerfull game. It would be nice if lots of problems were fixed too.

For example, a few weeks ago, a friend of mine saw I had chance of becoming Governor (after GP left) of Crescent Pirates (this was the guy who got me into the Pirate Crew in the first place), he saw this as a way for there to be good RPing on GK, so he bought a new year subscription, came back to GK, gained a few levels, and quit within 2-3 weeks of getting this upgraded account, not even bothering to get into CP . He said he didn't want to be a member of a kingdom with a king who doesn't RP (referring to how he talks OOC on RP tag, as everyone else does on GK). Now while he may have "quit" Graal to play other MMORPG's, it's likely he'll come back before the account runs out, and if he's playing while it runs out, he'll re-upgrade if he's playing the gold servers. This is power.

Qwert616
08-31-2003, 06:41 AM
Ah, I understand now. Thank you.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
08-31-2003, 06:45 AM
Ah, I understand now. Thank you.

ok, now that you do.....The truth is...you most likely won't lose your items when your gold time runs out unless there is a server reset or a staff members hates you and resets you.

konidias
08-31-2003, 12:12 PM
I remember when I first started playing Graal... I played for a while, then quit for like 6-9 months, came back, and my account was exactly the same. :p Even though on the website it said that accounts were wiped after 6 months of inactivity or something. :D

GoZelda
09-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by konidias
I remember when I first started playing Graal... I played for a while, then quit for like 6-9 months, came back, and my account was exactly the same. :p Even though on the website it said that accounts were wiped after 6 months of inactivity or something. :D
Maybe because it went p2p?