PDA

View Full Version : A challenge for bored ppl

SilentSkripter1988
08-27-2003, 01:14 AM
a challenge: Make an ingame drawing board where u can draw on it

Thought
08-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Already exists, it's been done multiple times too.

Search the forums! Here's one I could find. (http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36579
)

I don't want to imply anything, but was this a trick to get someone else to do a script for you?

Goboom
08-27-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Thought

I don't want to imply anything, but was this a trick to get someone else to do a script for you?
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner! Why else would he post such an easy challange?

adam
08-27-2003, 02:32 AM
If he wants it to work online, and for all players to see, it would prabably require a little work.

protagonist
08-27-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by adam
If he wants it to work online, and for all players to see, it would prabably require a little work.

Depends, if it used updateboard which I think Stefan made serverside a little while ago then it could just use a tile drawing system; those aren't so hard are they?

Kaimetsu
08-27-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by protagonist
Depends, if it used updateboard which I think Stefan made serverside a little while ago then it could just use a tile drawing system; those aren't so hard are they?

No, but they're horribly limited. It's like a 64x64 bitmap.

Goboom
08-27-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

No, but they're horribly limited. It's like a 64x64 bitmap. Thats retarted, it should be raised...

protagonist
08-27-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Goboom
Thats retarted, it should be raised...

You'd have to make the levels bigger.

TribulationStaff
08-27-2003, 05:28 AM
Or tiles smaller. That would make me very happy because I love using updateboard to animate levels.

protagonist
08-27-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by TribulationStaff
Or tiles smaller. That would make me very happy because I love using updateboard to animate levels.

Behold! Smilolio, god of the smilies!

TribulationStaff
08-27-2003, 06:37 AM
Lol, I can animate a bit better than that.

protagonist
08-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by TribulationStaff
Lol, I can animate a bit better than that.

I can't. :(

You made a smilie sad :(.

adam
08-27-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by protagonist

I can't. :(

You made a smilie sad :(.

Sorry, I should have told you earlier,

That guy is pretty good at animating tiles.

Too bad I haven't tried yet, I would blow you both away, uh huh!

Well maybe..... How do you find the hex numbers for the tiles? Besides hard work?

-Ramirez-
08-27-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by adam
How do you find the hex numbers for the tiles?
Select the tile(s) and click the "Export Tiles Array" button located to the right of the "Edit signs" button. It gives you a list of the tile values in hex format, which can be directly used in scripts.

adam
08-27-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by -Ramirez-

Select the tile(s) and click the "Export Tiles Array" button located to the right of the "Edit signs" button. It gives you a list of the tile values in hex format, which can be directly used in scripts.

Hey thanx, that is a great way to make animations

Skyld
08-28-2003, 01:49 AM
i remember a while ago makin a script where if i take my npc to a level, it saves every value of every tile, and then can recall it by defining tiles[] and then using updateboard. probly quite inneficient for now, but it was fun at the time. in combination with a correctly coded for() bit then you can make some quite interesting things.

Dach
08-28-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Skyld
i remember a while ago makin a script where if i take my npc to a level, it saves every value of every tile, and then can recall it by defining tiles[] and then using updateboard. probly quite inneficient for now, but it was fun at the time. in combination with a correctly coded for() bit then you can make some quite interesting things.
like an endless level? ...

showpoly with colors; ooh, aah, double click the lights to change colors

it's a bit old though, starting to collect dust *blows dust into everyone's eyes then runs away*

killaxjw_p2p
08-28-2003, 11:48 PM
I think ive seen that script before....

adam
08-29-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Dach

like an endless level? ...

Script your own level. :)

Goboom
08-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Skyld
i remember a while ago makin a script where if i take my npc to a level, it saves every value of every tile, and then can recall it by defining tiles[] and then using updateboard. probly quite inneficient for now, but it was fun at the time. in combination with a correctly coded for() bit then you can make some quite interesting things. I also remember this NPC, it crashed the NPCs Server more than once. (It was incredibly laggy)