PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling Acceleration in Map (M)

Thought
08-23-2003, 04:14 AM
If any of you have been on a server with a rather large map (See: Era), you know it takes awhile to scroll around.

Would be nice to have acceleration in scrolling... :)

G_yoshi
08-24-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Thought
If any of you have been on a server with a rather large map (See: Era), you know it takes awhile to scroll around.

Would be nice to have acceleration in scrolling... :)

This I like :)

How about allowing use of the mouse to scroll? Something like click and drag or edge scrolling (that is faster than using the arrow keys).

marcoR
08-24-2003, 03:42 AM
yea that's for sure, walking around on a image of a map just doesn't cut it. we need faster, more high pacee maps for players today *advertising campain* don't mind me, I was drinking alot of cola.

Dach
08-24-2003, 07:29 AM
I'd much prefer having smaller maps (fyi it's more professional, unless you've made a 3d globe, then do whatever you want you demi-god you!) prolly be best to script a map viewer that allows the player to use their mouse to select from a group of downsized maps(or segments) and drag them or whatever

KainDaMan
08-26-2003, 04:49 PM
I would also like to see the mousewheel incorperated into the maps.

Spark910
08-26-2003, 07:42 PM
I agree when im on graal2001 it takes forever, and im like ''come on already''

Maybe hold down a number 1-9 for speeds as well as a direction.

adam
08-27-2003, 12:29 AM
Hmm... I bet it could be scripted. :)

Of course you would have to get that rather large map image online first.

Thought
08-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by KainDaMan
I would also like to see the mousewheel incorperated into the maps.
Yes :) And Mouse3 (Like scrolling around in IE with Mouse3, the 4 arrow direction cursor).

Originally posted by adam
Hmm... I bet it could be scripted. :)

Of course you would have to get that rather large map image online first.
Well, Era's is autogenerated rather than produced, that would take too much time to regenerate each time we updated the overworld.

Admins
09-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Hmmm It can probably be scripted if I add a command for turning off the normal drawing (so map viewing is not so laggy) and for accessing the map image, will add that in v31. Since you can access other players with allplayers[] on v31 clientside, the drawing of the player head icons shouldn't be a problem.

Chrisz
09-14-2003, 12:41 AM
v31?!?!?! *dies*

Stefan i made a thread in npc scripting about some gscript bugs ;_;.. check it out??

Kaimetsu
09-14-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Dach
it's more professional, unless you've made a 3d globe

Whoa, that's a good idea... But usually playerworlds don't really fit on a globe, since they don't wrap around properly.

Tyhm
09-16-2003, 06:21 AM
Plus the fact that most worlds are actually toroid-shaped, where you can go north until PAMF!, south pole...

Kaimetsu
09-16-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Plus the fact that most worlds are actually toroid-shaped, where you can go north until PAMF!, south pole...

Yeah, that's what I was clumsily intimating. I think that 3D globes are cool, but they're more suited for phat intro movies etc.