PDA

View Full Version : ThINGZ 2 BIE

Fai
06-13-2001, 06:42 PM
OKAY DAWGS

It seems pretty obvious most of us want a gralat reset of some sort.

Well if they do it they should add little things for us to buy. Things from stores and stuff. They didn't have this before, so money kept growing and growing. They can't do it now because of what Bomy selling did. its like 99% of the servre has no gralats, and 1% has 93482093. They should put in a store with tons of TOYS

Like the Jumprope. That was the most fun NPC ever.

They could have like a store with about 10 things to collect. Things that cost like 10 gralats or so. And we could fish tons to get them and collect0r1z3 th3m.

Marco2002
06-13-2001, 07:18 PM
I like that idea! (...because I lost all my hard earned money in the fish quest so I won't lose any money ;) )

Tyhm
06-14-2001, 01:53 AM
That won't stop inflation, only slow it.
First you need something worth buying, THEN you need a gralat reset, in that order. But what happens when someone's bought everything?

The trouble is the difficulty scale....I'd try and do a Graph, but I'd probably fail...oh well, anyway, the idea is when you start out the difficulty and inefficiency of getting 1 gralat is astronomical! You can PK and hope to get away with it, or if you're a Bomy you can pearl dive.
Once you have a few gralats, it becomes much easier: you can buy rudimentary tools and mine for Gralats, or fish, or catch birds, or what have you.
Once you have more Gralats, you can get a lot of money really easily: you get more and more efficient tools, until you have more money than you'll ever need.
Plus, by that time some bug's come up that makes you insanely rich, but that's beside the point.

The point is, as you play the game more, getting more money gets EASIER.
It should be the other way around! Newbies should be able to get a little money with a minimal effort, then have it become increasigly difficult to get the next level.

Here's what I'm proposing: every player has a "Net worth". This is the value of their axe, fishing pole, net, anchor, pearls, gold, fish, birds, etc. plus their gralats. Their success in anything is determined by their net worth.
For example, pearl diving:
if(playerenters){
if(strtofloat(#s(networth))>random(0,1000)) hidelocal;
else showlocal;
}

If a Bomy already has a net worth of 1000, they'll never find one of those big pearls. If a Bomy has a net worth of 0, they'll always find them. If they have a net worth of 100 gralats, they have a 90% chance, at 500 it's a 50% chance, etc.

If you do this for fishes too, you'll reach a point where you can't get the easy fish anymore: your net worth is too high. Only newbies can catch the little fish, the ones you can even catch with the cheap pole: once they get enough money to buy the Level 2 Pole, the Cheap Fish are so rare they pretty much have to buy it!

Eventually every player would reach the point where they have the best pole, the best net, the best axe, whatever, and a bunch of Gralats to their name. They can't mine much of the good stuff anymore, occasionally they'll find something rare and sell that, but it's hard to earn more money.

At that point, you need to have some sort of quest item they can put the little money they have towards...

Fai
06-14-2001, 03:45 AM
Yeah good idea but they should reset money and make it get PITCH BLACK at night, then when night comes, people who fished a lot can buy a flashlight for like 25 dollars, and light up areas! WALDAWD

Tyhm
06-14-2001, 07:24 AM
Not flashlight. Lantern maybe. Trained firefly?

Psyker
06-14-2001, 08:58 AM
or, a bomy with magic...

Tyhm
06-14-2001, 09:46 AM
Or a ghost!

Bhala
06-14-2001, 11:22 AM
they need one of thos games that almost never give you the toy so you end up spending 1000 on it just for one thing.....ya know like the claw game thing

Derrick
06-14-2001, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
That won't stop inflation, only slow it.
First you need something worth buying, THEN you need a gralat reset, in that order. But what happens when someone's bought everything?

The trouble is the difficulty scale....I'd try and do a Graph, but I'd probably fail...oh well, anyway, the idea is when you start out the difficulty and inefficiency of getting 1 gralat is astronomical! You can PK and hope to get away with it, or if you're a Bomy you can pearl dive.
Once you have a few gralats, it becomes much easier: you can buy rudimentary tools and mine for Gralats, or fish, or catch birds, or what have you.
Once you have more Gralats, you can get a lot of money really easily: you get more and more efficient tools, until you have more money than you'll ever need.
Plus, by that time some bug's come up that makes you insanely rich, but that's beside the point.

The point is, as you play the game more, getting more money gets EASIER.
It should be the other way around! Newbies should be able to get a little money with a minimal effort, then have it become increasigly difficult to get the next level.

Here's what I'm proposing: every player has a "Net worth". This is the value of their axe, fishing pole, net, anchor, pearls, gold, fish, birds, etc. plus their gralats. Their success in anything is determined by their net worth.
For example, pearl diving:
if(playerenters){
if(strtofloat(#s(networth))>random(0,1000)) hidelocal;
else showlocal;
}

If a Bomy already has a net worth of 1000, they'll never find one of those big pearls. If a Bomy has a net worth of 0, they'll always find them. If they have a net worth of 100 gralats, they have a 90% chance, at 500 it's a 50% chance, etc.

If you do this for fishes too, you'll reach a point where you can't get the easy fish anymore: your net worth is too high. Only newbies can catch the little fish, the ones you can even catch with the cheap pole: once they get enough money to buy the Level 2 Pole, the Cheap Fish are so rare they pretty much have to buy it!

Eventually every player would reach the point where they have the best pole, the best net, the best axe, whatever, and a bunch of Gralats to their name. They can't mine much of the good stuff anymore, occasionally they'll find something rare and sell that, but it's hard to earn more money.

At that point, you need to have some sort of quest item they can put the little money they have towards...

Exactly. Thats very good.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 09:08 PM
I dunno if I agree with Tyhm. It'd be better if we just needed more money when we got more experienced. Like on Everquest: As you progress, you get tons more money but you need that cash to buy some armour/weapons, which rockets in price.

What we need is more mostly-useless stuff for people to spend their hard-earned gralats on.