PDA

View Full Version : Idea for RC, Stef, Unix, read k?

MarkB
08-13-2003, 09:11 AM
I had an idea...it like hit me in the back of the head from somewhere in my computer room...here is how is goes...

Stefan added the option to add -rw blahblah/*
I think he should make something where you can do the same thing with rights...for example...
For owners and wat not..they could add something like

-right editrights MarkB (thus not allowing someone to edit rights of the member "MarkB")
or
-right serveroptions Staff=
or something of the sort...

also there could be a command where the player can only edit certain parts...like

+right serveroptions Staffguilds=

I think this would solve a lot of problems with Staff gone crazy and what not...

just an idea that came to me :D

Mykel
08-13-2003, 09:23 AM
For the only one person can change rights, couldn't Co-Managers/Asst. Managers abuse that? As well as Admin if they had level 4 rc.

Snakeandy7
08-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Mark B is right, people get level 4 RC on UC server's, when there a LAT or any other job. The server manager's are new to RC, they have no idea how NC work's they could believe some 1 saying
"Give me this that and other right because there the right's i need to do my job"
Sadly, that happen's, should be a tutorial for new RC people
:p

CheeToS2
08-13-2003, 08:19 PM
changing rights on client = bad
no IP security whatsoever

VeX_RaT_Boy
08-13-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Snakeandy7
Mark B is right, people get level 4 RC on UC server's, when there a LAT or any other job. The server manager's are new to RC, they have no idea how NC work's they could believe some 1 saying
"Give me this that and other right because there the right's i need to do my job"
Sadly, that happen's, should be a tutorial for new RC people
:p

Spark made a nice guide, it's in the Playerworld forum.