PDA

View Full Version : New Features for then GuildCP

galen
03-23-2001, 02:05 PM
This weekend I plan to open the GuildCP to everyone again (it's currently restricted to 2001 accounts only).

I'm also going to add 1 new feature of your own choosing. Select the desired feature from the poll or select 'Other' and define your own custom one.

FatherDante
03-23-2001, 02:38 PM
I can't think of anything I want. I'm probably the only one! :D

grim_squeaker_x
03-23-2001, 06:49 PM
I'd like private notes to be implemented, but if we do get private notes there should be an option to ignore it from a certain person (To prevent harassing)

Lycia
03-24-2001, 02:36 AM
I'm gonna have to say info page. There are several tags that I administrate and nothing is more annoying than not being able to change my e-mail address for the tag that I administrate.

So please, info!

Private notes can wait.

Bhala
03-24-2001, 04:27 AM
The info page is for putting your guild info on the web site

ReBBisH
03-24-2001, 05:32 AM
I think restrictions should be lowered for 2k1 members...

say 100 hours to make a guild and 50 hours to support one..

http://www.hyperspacehq.com/rebsig.gif

Lycia
03-24-2001, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Bhala
The info page is for putting your guild info on the web site

Bah, that is ***.

I wanna change my dang e-mail addresses!

SSmutz
03-24-2001, 11:03 AM
I think the new nicknames should work right after you build the database, not 10 mins later. Also, the mailing list should be available to level 10 members too.

Lycia
03-24-2001, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by SSmutz
I think the new nicknames should work right after you build the database, not 10 mins later. Also, the mailing list should be available to level 10 members too.

The nicknames can't work right away after you build the database because of one reason, and one reason only.

I don't know if this is true, so don't sue me, but, there are 2 servers. One for the website, and another for the game server. When you're adding nicks to the guild tag system, its saved to the website server. Then about every 10-45 minutes (Not sure on the time lapse.), the game server and website server connect and download stuff to the game server. That's why you have to wait a while before your new head/shield/sword come online. It can't be helped.

=\

TylerS36
03-24-2001, 01:59 PM
how about it so admins can set new members nicks (and they can still change it like normal) because sometimes you add people and they forget to log in and change their name.

SSmutz
03-24-2001, 02:03 PM
how about a guild manager program, either separate or built into Graal? that way i dun even have to bother going to the site over and over.

Psyker
03-24-2001, 02:39 PM
I want to change my e-mail, it's really starting to get annoying! :(

Lycia
03-24-2001, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Psyker
I want to change my e-mail, it's really starting to get annoying! :(

So do I. :-(

bk4syth
03-24-2001, 08:28 PM
We should be able to change our e-mail addresses. We should also be able to set people's names for them, kind of like it was before the control panel since some people just can't seem to get their names right. Maybe we could choose their default name when we sign them up, instead of their account name. After, they could still change it whenever they wanted. But it would be much better if any accounts could use the control panel...

galen
03-25-2001, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by TylerS36
how about it so admins can set new members nicks (and they can still change it like normal) because sometimes you add people and they forget to log in and change their name.

There is a simple explanation. Since guild officers can add anyone to a guild without their approval, the new member must login and set their nick before that person can use the tag and be listed on public guilld roster. The public roster is what displays the total # of members. I do not want people atrifically inflating that number or adding members who do not want to be in that paticural guild.

Someday there will be a whole invintation thingy and the guild info will be on the database server so all changes are reflected instantly on the game server.

vergil
03-25-2001, 01:13 AM
Info pages. im not in a guild but you know, it would be nice to see a small page with guild information, history, link to a website, administration/leader contacts etc.

i think it should be viewable to EVERYONE though, you know? just add it under the roster list in the guild list.

Lycia
03-25-2001, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by bk4syth
We should be able to change our e-mail addresses.

Galen claims he wouldn't be able to do that.

But there must be a way!

grim_squeaker_x
03-25-2001, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by galen

There is a simple explanation. Since guild officers can add anyone to a guild without their approval, the new member must login and set their nick before that person can use the tag and be listed on public guilld roster. The public roster is what displays the total # of members. I do not want people atrifically inflating that number or adding members who do not want to be in that paticural guild.

Someday there will be a whole invintation thingy and the guild info will be on the database server so all changes are reflected instantly on the game server.

Hmm wel the setting nick problem I think can be solved by sending an E-Mail to the players ISP E-Mail for which you must click a link to confirm that you are a member, then guild administrators could set nicks while stopping them from adding an infinite number of people.

galen
03-25-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x Hmm wel the setting nick problem I think can be solved by sending an E-Mail to the players ISP E-Mail for which you must click a link to confirm that you are a member, then guild administrators could set nicks while stopping them from adding an infinite number of people.

That goes along with the invitation bit. It would take time to make and quite frankly, I no longer have the time to do it. I work for 8 or more hours a day, 5 days a week. I sit in front of a computer all day and I don't particularly want to do it for an extended period of time when I get home. I need the weekends to have fun.

Lycia> Whenever someone sits down and converts the guild system form flat-file to SQL, then you'll all be able to change your emails. If I let you do it now, you risk the corruption of your entire guild data file. If it corrupts the guild would have to be deleted and re-created by hand.

Nai
03-25-2001, 09:42 AM
I WANNA CHANGE MY EMAIL ADRESS THAT I SIGNED UP WITH MY ACCOUNT PERIOD! I always forget what ones I use when I signed up for my account. Now me cant make/support guilds.

Lycia
03-25-2001, 04:51 PM
I guess I'll just wait and transfer my guilds over to another account and then transfer it back over.

K-Dawg
03-25-2001, 08:31 PM
im not sure but you could try this:
Add yourself agfain with the new e-mail address
and then just make your self an admin of the guild,not sure but worth a try

FatherDante
03-25-2001, 11:12 PM
Wow, I guess everyone needs something because I'm still the only one who voted for nothing. Maybe not having any guilds helps that...

Bhala
03-26-2001, 03:47 AM
I am plaining on doing that myself. Of corse this will take me a LONG time to do cuz I am new at PHP but PHP is relly ez & its fun so I will be trying my best!!!
Originally posted by galen

Lycia> Whenever someone sits down and converts the guild system form flat-file to SQL, then you'll all be able to change your emails. If I let you do it now, you risk the corruption of your entire guild data file. If it corrupts the guild would have to be deleted and re-created by hand.

galen
03-26-2001, 12:50 PM
You all have yourselves an info page now. I also updated the public roster display.