PDA

View Full Version : Zormite Temple Gfx

ariella
07-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Okay Inumaru and the rest of you Zormitian's, this is just a basic gfx of what the Temple will look like from the outside, check it out and tell me if I'm on the right track...

Satrek2000
07-22-2003, 04:38 PM
While I'm not in Zormite... may I still... looks great *turns on his heels and runs*

LordZen
07-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Hmm I hope its going to be a bit bigger than that lol. Also very nice Raz :)

I can of course always say something about any given gfx..so um it seems liked there is too much of the same color, it would maybe help to make it look older if there was vines, um maybe if the stone was brown'd a bit near the bottom or something? dont know if that makes sense.

Heh, when I was imaging the temple, I was thinking it would be an open temple, like, not an actual room. I was thinking there would be pillars arranged around this little sacred area, like StoneHenge or so but not in a circle heh.

MadWolf
07-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Looks good, but as Zen said probaly look a bit better with some vines, perhaps some chunks of stone hanging out.

Thallen
07-22-2003, 06:41 PM
It looks good, I'm sure it'll look better when actually on a scenic canvas. I thought the cracks look kind of blurred and distorted, that, and it being small are the only bad things. Nice work. :)

Zurkiba
07-22-2003, 08:25 PM
It wont match the Graal 2k2 stuff...

Technically the building is leaning backwards. But other then that it looks great.

You just need to adjust the angle so it's the same as the houses.

Or my judgement could be impared due to it's small size.

MKSLAYER
07-22-2003, 09:55 PM
make it more royal looking i like zens open court idea a lot...either way you should put some...dammit whats taht blue gem...any ways make it have more of a royal effect for it since it is a temple:p

ChaosGodSet
07-22-2003, 11:19 PM
THIS IS FREAKIN GREAT LOOKIN!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH! anyway, If we place it where we were thinking of placing it Raz, I was going to write into the religion that the temple USED to be there , but was lost. So, then when we release it we can have a big event, because the temple "rose" from where it was, so I think it should be covered in Seaweed and have a kinda wet look to it if possible. othet than that AWESOME!!!

LordZen
07-22-2003, 11:38 PM
Like I told her on AIM: if its a really old crumbling structure, I dont think it would make much sense to put much water around, or be on any beachy type ground at all really..

It probably wouldnt have lasted as long.

I think it'd be best in the forested area somewhere away from any towns.

busyrobot
07-22-2003, 11:57 PM
I really like it but..............

the perspective isn't GKish

most squares, even large ones, don't recede in the back, at least not to the angle this slops, towards the back, it looks like it's designed for a view where you can see a horizon above it in view.

In general, if a building is 20 x 20 it will use 20 by 20 tiles, etc.

A good example is the bogenera houses, or the castle walls, which don't slope backwards at all.

You have the 'up slope' nailed perfect, where you have the doors and the vertical elements wider at the top than the bottom.

It's a great graphic, but I do think the receeding angle needs to be adjusted.

Good work! :D

ariella
07-23-2003, 12:02 AM
Sorry guys I should hae explained better.... the building is far from being complete.... It's just a basic draft to see if the design of the building is okay. I didn't want to work too hard adding the details if I was way off in the design structure. And yes, I had to resize it so it would load faster, so alot of detail is lost. That's why it might appear blurry.

Anyways.. so if you want a stonehedge type temple... i can try that too. :D

Satrek2000
07-23-2003, 04:01 PM
What about having a combination, the temple you have drawn as, like, the inner part, with a pathway guarded by huge collums leading towards it, as an outer sanctuary...
Vines sounds good, depending on what sort of temple it should be - i.e. whether the priests or those in charge would prefer a clean temple, or like it being in touch with nature, and leave the vines be.
Making it brownish at the lower parts would be a result from water I think, regular floods in the past who have left their marks, and that depends on the location, whether it's near the beach or set un a mountain.
Crackled corners sound like the temple's abandoned, and nobody's taking care of it, so I wouldn't make more than a few weathered edges. Maybe though you could draw some corners and regions in a slightly different color, but one'd have to check if that makes the desired impression - that corners and parts have been replaced when they were damaged. This might work even better for pillars, have them weathered, and then one almost like new, then say this one crumbled recently and had to be completely replaced.
Incorporating water might work out nicely, too, I'm thinking of small waterfalls from the roof beside the doors or something, but then again, the only animated waterfall I've seen so far comes from classic and would look a little... displaced. I have no idea how kingdoms deals with animations in levels and whether a GK-style animated waterfall can be done...
Well, I hope that helps, and I just barely can keep myself from suggestiong a sheep carved from stone on top... okay, my 2 cents ;)

deman1171
07-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Wow that looks good! i didnt know you did such good graphics!

ariella
07-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Okay, here is the draft for an outside area of the ancient cemetary of zormite.... in this area is a secret doorway that leads to an underground temple built by ancient zormitians to worship and pay homage to their creator.

An acient scroll was found recently that read:
"The doorway to righteousness rests within the water of the ancients"
In the cemetary is a small sacred pool...... I wonder if it leads to an underwater temple? Hmmmmm....

Anyways check out the gfx and let me know what you think...
again... i had to decrease the size of the gfx file so it will load faster... some details may be lost or look blurrier than the original.

LordZen
07-29-2003, 03:48 AM
Eh. Still not quite what I had in mind lol. I'm thinking more of an open temple. Not having its own paved ground. What I'm thinking of would be several free standing pillars, and some sort of worship thing in the middle..That is really good tho Raz :) your really good at this kinda stuff XD

deman1171
07-29-2003, 04:16 AM
Woah! i LOVE it! It would look better if it was dark and there was like a torch to light it up...

MKSLAYER
07-29-2003, 05:54 AM
(sorry to but in as its not my kingdom again but....) zen you sorta aiming towards the LotR movie court in Rivendell sorta thing? XD... temple wise if your looking for an ancient run-down monster infested dungeon top thats it ^-^...if you looking for somthing that people will still worship in thennnnn...nope XD i dont wanna flame you so lets see...constructive critisism...o yeah ^-^ maybe have the arch still kept there but then have it like a roman tax court (more like zen said) which is basically where alll the tax collectors had there bank junk and stuff...which is basically again like zen said a circle of columns with 1 column missing in the pattern to the entrance to the place then you would have a wall around 2-3 graal charachter width around it being a square that could be matching stone to the gate ^-^

Heiwaronsha
07-29-2003, 06:08 AM
Great job, but I think the tombs should be less symmetrical .. other than that it's very very nice .. but shouldn't Cemetary be in ancient Zormite ..?

ChaosGodSet
07-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Here's the original floorplan that i made when i first suggested a temple!! Sorry it's in BMP form, but erm.....

GoZelda
08-31-2003, 10:30 AM
It looks cool, but the stone looks like cement/beton... Or and ugly modern steel house :(