PDA

View Full Version : Religion of Zormite

ChaosGodSet
07-19-2003, 03:29 AM
I have recently uncovered some sacred ancient documents containing many many works of the ancient Zormites. Well, it's all written in Ancient Zormitian , so i was only able to translate a little of it. I will be adding more once I am able to translate it!

ChaosGodSet
07-19-2003, 03:35 AM
The first thing I was able to translate, looks to be a creation myth of some kind. well here it is:

We all know of the 8 gods of Graal. But before their time, lived a Goddess much greater. Okiara, she was the mother of
all of life. She was what everything on Graal was born from. In the early times, there was nothing. And it remained like
this for generations. Then, from the vast nothingness, came a great something. This something would change the
entire existence of Graal. This something took a form which suited it well. It became a stunningly beautiful woman
with flowing blue hair, and eyes the color of ocean mist. Again, the world went into stagnation, and Okiara was by
herself. One day, she was inspired to create herself a companion. From her , sprang a parrot , one with plumage of
gold and blue hues, which would put all who gazed upon it in a state of awe. One more, the state of nothing big
happened began. Okiara was happy with herself, and with her companion. After many millennia, the bird which
Okiara created , as most creatures do, passed on. After seeing this, Okiara wept over the body of her poor dead
companion. Okiara decided she should make a monument, a permanent remembrance of her friend. She dipped her
hands into the nothingness, and brought up the land. She looked down at the land, and saw how plain it was. Taking
the orb of land, she brought it to her lips, and breathed life into it. And all the creatures of Graal were born from this
land. She so enjoyed the new creatures on this land, she longed to be with them. So, she became one with the land.
Her Hair became the skies and her eyes the clouds, from which rains pour. He body, became the oceans , the rivers,
the lakes, and the streams. And life flourished on this tiny planet for many years. But, soon people forgot about her,
all the nations turned form her, except the nation of Zormite. Wanting to honor the Zormite, she gave them the ability
to be with her, to breathe in the water, to live with their goddess. The Zormites traveled on land and water at will,
some of the uneducated barbaric people assumed the Zormites to be Fish-people.

bo0ey
08-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Then Trogdor smote the zormites and the world to burnination. :(

Zurkiba
08-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Err... no.

If you want the real religion of the Zormites contact Brad.

LordZen
08-11-2003, 08:16 PM
When Brad was the head of religion in my kingdom he was supposed to get a good story together for our religion, we had made some progress but not enough by the time he decided to move on. InuMaru (ChaosGodSet) later reached Brad's old position and I instead charged him with the responsibility of creating a religion based around water somewhat. The religious rank names were changed then, and we started working on a new story.

Zurkiba
08-11-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by LordZen
When Brad was the head of religion in my kingdom he was supposed to get a good story together for our religion, we had made some progress but not enough by the time he decided to move on. InuMaru (ChaosGodSet) later reached Brad's old position and I instead charged him with the responsibility of creating a religion based around water somewhat. The religious rank names were changed then, and we started working on a new story.
Brad should've allready had a huge religion setup...

The Holy Zorist :)

bo0ey
08-11-2003, 11:31 PM
I could make a religion but you probably wouldn't like it. Because I am no good at making up stories even remotely amusing :)

Zurkiba
08-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by bo0ey
I could make a religion but you probably wouldn't like it. The zormites started out as goldfishies in a tank where they praised the green lord of net that would eventually come down and scoop one of their "sleeping" friends to another land. The zormites dwelled on this thought of going to another land until one day, when the 11 year old boy who took care of the zormites came home and was mad because he got an F in Chemistry... (( And yes 11 year old boys sometimes do chemistry...?? )) Anyway, he said "I'll show YOU who is good at science!" and he made a potion of change and poured it into the fish tank. Immediatly the boy saw the zormites turn blue and their eyes got bulgier.

The boy decided he had done a good job with the fishies so he went to bed. The next day he saw the zormites were gone.... to another land.... And he realised he would never see them again and he wept all by himself......

The Zormites swam day and night for 2 days... and nights... until they reached an island.. They dubbed this island "Zormite Island"... Etc, the end blah.
No

GoZelda
01-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

No
Yes

protagonist
03-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Yes

csod123
06-28-2004, 11:40 PM
:eek: i was a fish? :eek:

GryffonDurime
06-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Zormites are fish people.

If you want any semblance of historical accuracy, at least

csod123
06-29-2004, 04:42 AM
i like the first one best

GoZelda
06-29-2004, 12:45 PM
I do not. Don't we all just love the ten character requirement? :rolleyes:

csod123
06-30-2004, 03:23 AM
it makes more since us being mad by magic.lol, i was laughing about that before i finished.

Debaglio
03-16-2005, 06:44 AM
dURIME YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE.

Zero Hour
03-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Under what pretense, all knowing one?

GoZelda
03-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Caps lock =O

Zurkiba
03-17-2005, 03:26 AM
dEBAGLIO YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE SEEING HOW YOU'RE SAYING CORRECT INFORMATION IS WRONG.

GryffonDurime
03-17-2005, 04:05 AM

Thread necromancy. You raise the dead and I have no place in a thread about religion? :rolleyes: