PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Band

DragonX
07-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Many centuries ago the Yeti tribe were living a prosperous life in their arctic wastelands. The Yeti were very modest and proud yet they lacked knowledge of the world outside of the realm they lived in. The Yeti worshipped the ancient relic, Crystal Band, bestowed upon them by Numbing Hail, the ice deity. One day, in the Yeti village, chaos errupted and enveloped all of the Yeti people. They were scared, terrified, unaware of what happened in their rural society. In the midst of all this chaos, a letter arose from the sifting snow. The letter read...:

"To those who are a part of the Yeti Tribe,
Haha! I have taken your most valued symbol and you shall
never get your hands on it! With this item, I shall RULE Artacic!
If you would like to try and get it back, mind you, your attempts are futile, follow these instructions...*As you read on, the rest of the letter is frozen and unreadable*..."

The Yeti people are distraught and they need YOUR help to retrieve back their most divine possession. The Crystal Band is imbued with wrist numbing abilities granting the user a bit more resistance to cold damage.

(((Basically the point of this thread is letting everyone know I will be holding an event soon for 'ice bracers'. Please don't ask me when I haven't set a date or time nor have I thought of an event for it but when I do, you all will know, thanks.))

DevilsDice
07-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Nice job DX... Sounds like fun!

XD

DragonX
07-18-2003, 10:49 AM
This is my vision of how my event will go. I will be choosing a couple of Yeti to help in my event. The Yeti will go into the dungeons in certain locations. The travellers trying to help them find the artifact will have to answer the Yeti riddles. Only a couple people (the first 10 people to answer) will pass..then they will be given a clue to where the next Yeti is and they will have to answer another riddle and then the next 7 will pass and so on.

This may be a hard RP event but I hope everyone cooperates and hopefully it will go well. I am aware it may take some time but I am hoping everyone has patience as the prize is worth it.. After the people go through the riddles, the last person will be given a riddle of where the prize is..The funny part of the RP is that the artifact never left Artacic, it actually fell out of the thief's bag as he was trying to escape..the identity of the thief is unknown but will probably used in an event later on from me.

DevilsDice
07-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Yah... Sounds good. Gonna take VERY LONG and might wanna get to know some dungeons VERY well.

If you need any help, alot of us are here for ya kk?

Thallen
07-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Sounds like an interesting storyline. Also, I heard that today 10 new event items are being released, if what James says it true, which I'm sure it is. I'd love to participate in these events, but my computer just can't keep up with it, it begins to have slow freeze sessions and eventually just die out. I want more trivia/game show events! :p Anyway, good luck to everyone entering!

DevilsDice
07-19-2003, 05:05 AM
Did james ever say what those items were? I'm anxious to see if he released any of my swords.

Though of course we didnt have time to make the gifs..

Anywhom, back to Topic..

Yah, it sux when there are 20 people running around in a dungeon and you have a 56k modem and you run into a wall, get stuck, unstick, catch back up, and get warped to Bomboria unfairly...

*cough* Tsengs event *cough*

XD

So limit it to like, 7 lucky people, and have it based on a question upon this adventure, not something TOTALLY not graal related, I.E

"In 1904 who was the first person to hit a home run"

*cough* James *coughs, hacking up blood*

Maybe I shouldnt do that anymore... :p

James
07-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by DevilsDice

*cough* James *coughs, hacking up blood*

Maybe I shouldnt do that anymore... :p

Of course I can't make every question Graal related. I'm saving Graal Kingdoms trivia for a time when it's actually an important event. There's nothing wrong with asking general knowledge questions.

DragonX
07-21-2003, 12:57 AM
I will be holding the event tomorrow at 5 PM Central time. Since they Yeti cannot participate themselves, they will get an Improve Weapon Damage scroll. I will be needing..hmm about 7 Yeti. I will choose the Yeti myself. Any number of people can participate, what will decide if you win or not is if you manage to get the riddles right to move on to the next one. To make the prize worth it, I have decided to enchant it to +3 :)

Hope everyone has fun and I am sorry it took so long to finally get the plan into motion. The Yeti questions will consist of mostly questions relating to Graal but I may need some general questions too. I do not want to use the same questions James', Tseng or Jagen have in their events. The Yeti will ask 1 question each (7 yeti). There will be 7 people left. The last Yeti will ask a question and first 3 to answer right will get into the final match. The final match will be staying alive (in an arena) while fighting heavil and maybe evilheavil (ice) and the last one surviving gets the ice bracers +3!

Edit: I just realized that if 50 people participate, how will they move onto the next Yeti? So to move on, whoever answers the Yeti right first gets in the final 7, then the whole group moves onto the next Yeti until there are no more Yeti, then the final 7 will be broken down into 3 by a riddle or two and then those 3 will have to challen the heavil/evilheavil.

Edit2: The Yeti have already been chosen, the list consists of:
Account:Nick
1) _Z3phyr_:Zephyr Dresari
2) Tseng:Tseng
3) MasterNuke:Ed
4) IamFlinder:Tasha
5) DarkVillian:Darkvillin
6) Torankusu:Torankusu
7) UNPTWOPWINNER:Stryker

If they fail to show up I will have backup ready.

DevilsDice
07-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Sounds good. The Yeti are lucky, since if you participate, you have that 1/50 chance of getting the bracers, or getting nothing...

All around sounds awesome.

DevilsDice
07-22-2003, 12:28 AM
Bad yeti.

Geno
07-22-2003, 10:06 AM
so did the vent already go down?

DragonX
07-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Geno
so did the vent already go down?

Yes. In an epic struggle, Zallan, Amoun and James managed to get past the rest of the group but only 1 could win. James sneaked past the evilheavil lair and grabbed the ice bracers from the pedastol (sp?). Good job to everyone that tried but didn't make it into the top 3.

Judge_S
07-22-2003, 10:29 AM
I knew that riddle too! I can't believe it took me that long!
Fireworks was a valid answer, though, but it doesn't burn and burn in three "long" stages. >:]

thelostviking
07-22-2003, 07:32 PM
The event was much too late.
The american players get warhammers and bracers and the european event masters give out dice's?

UNPTWOPWINNER
07-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Do you ever stop complaining...?

DevilsDice
07-23-2003, 05:12 AM
LOL, he has a thread for itt

zs0
07-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Shucks.. I can't play on weekdays.. Stupid VIP x_X

Satrek2000
07-23-2003, 04:03 PM
I have to agree that there are quite few good events during european times for those who should be in bed at midnight. Maybe this can be fixed, if only by having events earlier on weekends. I don't complain about dice at all, I actually want one, badly...

GoZelda
08-16-2003, 01:42 PM
One thing: Did anyone notice that almost everyone on that list of DX's is very strong (as far as i know), except my "novice" Zephyr Dresari? And yes if i had good items i would host events. I tried, but no one cares. Well, guess that's your fate with just some spells and int+1 rings x.x

Oh and Satrek, i found pink dice in the tunnels, you can buy for, say... 1000000 plats because it's a event item, hawrhawr!
Just kidding, you can have it. And i want Summon Avatar!!!!

DragonX
08-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
One thing: Did anyone notice that almost everyone on that list of DX's is very strong (as far as i know), except my "novice" Zephyr Dresari? And yes if i had good items i would host events. I tried, but no one cares. Well, guess that's your fate with just some spells and int+1 rings x.x

That matters, why? I chose them because I trusted them and they did a good job. That's the last time I choose even 1 person out of my buddy list though..Zephyr was causing a rucus and he left right before the event happened.

GoZelda
08-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Look, i'm not angry because they're friend or something (heck i'm not even angry...) , but because they already have cool items! Except Zephyr. Ed has a Sorcery Shield, Tseng has a cool item too, i think, Tasha has a waraxe or warhammer, and so on... But i think that the concept was very nice ^.^ Am i in your buddy list? If so, GET ME OUT! ;)

DragonX
08-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Look, i'm not angry because they're friend or something, but because they already have cool items! Except Zephyr. Ed has a Sorcery Shield, Tseng has a cool item too, i think, Tasha has a waraxe or warhammer, and so on... But i think that the concept was very nice ^.^ Am i buddy list? If so, GET ME OUT! ;)

???
It's not like they got event items for helping out, they got 1 IWD.

GoZelda
08-16-2003, 02:16 PM
Oh sorry i misunderstood =x

MarkB
08-18-2003, 11:11 AM
lol help me and get a RoW =X

GoZelda
08-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Off-subject...? Oh yeah anU i like Archaic ^_^

GoZelda
09-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DevilsDice

This is a question only American people can answer >=o

Tseng
09-06-2003, 11:07 PM

This is a question only American people can answer >=o

I'm an American. Do I know who the first person to hit a home run in 1904 was? Nope.

GoZelda
09-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Tseng

I'm an American. Do I know who the first person to hit a home run in 1904 was? Nope.
You've got a bad school >=O

Butz
09-14-2003, 12:27 PM

You've got a bad school >=O

Most schools try to teach History, not Baseball. ^.^;

Judge_S
09-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Butz

Well, they teach baseball in a physical education course, but that's a different story. ;)

GoZelda
09-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Butz

Most American don't :P