PDA

View Full Version : Jailer Script

Cybnext_Design
06-12-2001, 04:05 PM
Ok, im in need of a script that will jail someone by their account name, so like i would type:

jail [accountname]

and it would send them to the jail...

I hope someone can help me with this one. And if so, i thank you very much.

Slaktmaster
06-12-2001, 07:53 PM
Something like this:
if (playerchats) {
tokenize #c;
if (strequals(#t(1),jail)) {
getplayer #t(2) {setlevel2 police2.graal;}
}
}

Could this work?

Falcor
06-12-2001, 09:40 PM
You couldn't really make awepon oput Of it I dont believe with is a client side function but If you just make a regular NPC or a database NPC it would be

if (playerchats && strcontains(#c,jail)) {
tokenize #c;
if (strequals(jail,#t(0))) {
with (getplayer(#t(1))) {
setlevel2 jail.graal,30,30;
}
}
}

Nuce and simple really. Althouigh its much simpler just to warp them via RC.

Marco2002
06-12-2001, 09:51 PM
and if you don't have NPC Server it would look like this:

if (playerchats) {
if (strcontains(#c,jail) tokenize #c;
}
for (this.i=0;this.i<playerscount;this.i++) {
if (strcontains(#a(this.i),#t(2)) ) {
setlevel2 30,30,jail.graal;
}
}

Falcor
06-12-2001, 09:56 PM
Im not sure that would work.... Simply for the fact that the player chatting has set the flag therefor all actions are bassed on him. whethere or not its looking for another player... I duno though, I havnt been scripting non - p2p for a while so im a lil out of it.. But im pretty sure thats not posible..

You could however have something in a players wepons (system npc?) and then you could do

if (playerchats && strcontains(#c,jail)) {
tokenize #c;
if (strequals(#t(0),jail)) {
setstring server.jailplayer,#t(1);
}
}

and in the players system have

if (strequals(#a,#s(server.jailplayer))) {
setlevel2 jail.graal,30,30;
setstring server.jailplayer,;
}

I duno. Pick a number. anynumber. hehe

Komieko
06-13-2001, 07:14 AM
So which of those work? @[email protected]

Cybnext_Design
06-13-2001, 07:44 AM
I have only tried Falcor's. I am planning on trying the rest later today.... Falcor's always makes graal freeze tho since i have to use a server string....

If anyone else has some suggestions please tell me them.

Thanks

TB3
06-13-2001, 07:45 AM
Fals script will work i dont even have to look at it im sure it will work the person who said the scirpt after him about non npcserver jail that willll lllllll nooooo t work what so ever a non npc server jail script isnt that complicated but im not going into detail just rc them on non npcserver servers

Cybnext_Design
06-13-2001, 09:12 AM
This is for my Non-RC GP's. So they can jail people...
So i really need this.

Cybnext_Design
06-13-2001, 09:17 AM
Maybe i just need to run it on GServer real quick to see if it works?

Shard_IceFire
06-13-2001, 11:00 AM
Yeah i think Falados is right, why go to all this scripting trouble! Just warp them with the RC!

Cybnext_Design
06-13-2001, 11:11 AM
Shard, how about reading a couple replies back and you will see that i said this is for my Non-RC GP's....Hence they cant warp people with RC....

Tristan
~Cybnext

Brandon_Bravo
06-13-2001, 03:17 PM
Without an NPCServer, you would have to use a serverflag AND give everyone on the server a system npc.

For example:

server.jailplayer=Brandon_Bravo

Cybnext_Design
06-13-2001, 03:22 PM
So your saying that Falcor's script is right and should work, but wont work offline?

Thak2
06-15-2001, 12:53 AM
your wrong.
ive seen it doen on CDA without a system npc, and i made one myself without a system npc, however i dun have the level no more, cause it got deleted with the rest of the bravo levels... if anyone has Jailbook.graal from bravo, its in their :P

General
06-15-2001, 12:58 AM
It might be a hidden System NPC, you know toweapons -System;?
I hate it when people use toweapons *System, just use toweapons -System

Thak2
06-15-2001, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by General
It might be a hidden System NPC, you know toweapons -System;?
I hate it when people use toweapons *System, just use toweapons -System
no it wasnt :P i had rc there for a while, and the one i made for bravo ( which i was owner of ) certainly didnt have a system npc, cause we never had one at all......
so its possible

CrazedMerlin
06-16-2001, 02:38 AM
I remeber on elven lands there was a jailer NPC you say jail account it says what is the account and it worked and there was also one like that the enabled or disabled other peoples weapons

Komieko
06-16-2001, 06:09 AM
So well does anyone have any working ones? *is confused*

Cybnext_Design
06-16-2001, 06:44 AM
I think one of these will work, only it freezes everytime, and im not really sure why....Could someone please tell me?

grim_squeaker_x
06-16-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Cybnext_Design
I think one of these will work, only it freezes everytime, and im not really sure why....Could someone please tell me? Falados' one requires the NPC Server...

Komieko
06-17-2001, 03:29 AM
BAH!I'm looking for one that doesn't need an NPC server =D

General
06-18-2001, 09:28 AM
I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH FALADOS'S

setlevel2 police2.graal blah,blah; //Stops all commands after setlevel2
setstring server.Jailplayer,; //Never gets excecuted

Komieko
06-18-2001, 09:42 AM
So what do we do?put setstring first?

vergil
06-18-2001, 10:00 AM
yeah..
I dont think its possible for a script outside of the level and not in the inventory (system) to change a level of a player w/o an npc server. If you'd tell me how I'd love to hear it. You dont have to show us the script just give me a general idea..
it soudns impossible to me..

CrazedMerlin
06-18-2001, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by vergil
yeah..
I dont think its possible for a script outside of the level and not in the inventory (system) to change a level of a player w/o an npc server. If you'd tell me how I'd love to hear it. You dont have to show us the script just give me a general idea..
it soudns impossible to me..
server.flags can be set by a NPC Weapon as far as i know, which can easily alter the server, with a System NPC
example
set a flag like server.destroy=superbomb
and it the system put something that detects that string and if playerhasweapon and it would be superbomb destroy
same applies for jailer, i would assume, since ive seen it done (Elven lands)

vergil
06-18-2001, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by CrazedMerlin

server.flags can be set by a NPC Weapon as far as i know, which can easily alter the server, with a System NPC
example
set a flag like server.destroy=superbomb
and it the system put something that detects that string and if playerhasweapon and it would be superbomb destroy
same applies for jailer, i would assume, since ive seen it done (Elven lands)

i meant w/o a npc weapon

CrazedMerlin
06-18-2001, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by vergil

i meant w/o a npc weapon
hmm
if (created) {timeouteverywhere=0.5;
set server.flag;}
wouldnt that work?

Falcor
06-18-2001, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by General
I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH FALADOS'S

setlevel2 police2.graal blah,blah; //Stops all commands after setlevel2
setstring server.Jailplayer,; //Never gets excecuted

Oopsie... Well the Blah Blah is x,y if you havnt figured it out.. Hehehe... So when you put that in word-for-word then it never clears teh jailed player. thus warping you constantly in an insane loop!!! hehe

MrCoolDude
10-21-2001, 03:44 AM
I would like to know how to do this on a NON-P2P server as well, without using a system npc.

Xaviar
10-21-2001, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by MrCoolDude
I would like to know how to do this on a NON-P2P server as well, without using a system npc.

Ugh, Make your own thread, don't bring back 2-month old ones

royce
10-21-2001, 11:14 AM
woh woh woh....hold on there....i got question, u can make a weapon or system in the players inventory un deleteable without a aterisk(*) by using a minus sign(-)??

royce
10-21-2001, 11:17 AM
hmmm heres 2 more questions...how would i make the inventory item with a red name?? and how would i go about doing that thing so that the player can have a inventory in a inventory like on Divided Kingdoms i think it is where it says Goodies, then when ur in their you can go back? Would that work for non-p2p?

Mr. Chik

Xaviar
10-22-2001, 12:28 AM
#1, a - infront of a weapon name makes it hidden

#2, I believe you have the wrong server (Wasn't it DK that had that instead of TDK?)

#3, If I'm not mistaken, G-Yoshi re-scripted the q button menu completely..