PDA

View Full Version : Pics1.pn..watever...??

hakman
06-12-2001, 08:50 AM
Hey does anyone know how the graal
staff made it so the bomy bird catcher thing only works on snow
and the fishing on water?
Is there a way to incorporate the pics1.png into programming
so that you can only use certain weapons on certain tiles???
Please reply for this is annoying the hell outta me!

KJS
06-12-2001, 08:52 AM
it is in the programming of the weapon...

they check the boards tiles

it uses

board []

I am not positive how to use it off the top of my head (but someone will probably tell you how)

and if not... click the search button and look for
board

under the npc scripting area

kyle0654
06-12-2001, 09:37 AM
if you aren't that experienced at scripting I'd suggest you stear clear of board stuff for now, I myself didn't learn it for a long time...but it's like this:

if (board[levelx + levely * 64] == tilex + tiley * 16) {
dowhatever;
}

for the fishing and bird catching I'm sure stefan either used onwater (fishing) or made an array of tiles you can use it on and did a loop to check if the player was on any of those tiles. It's not too simple to explain quickly though, and I haven't much time. Maybe someone else can go a bit more in-depth if you need it.

KJS
06-12-2001, 09:41 AM
well see...

the reason why I dont learn board is because I have no use for it (or at lest I have never had any use for it)

once I come up to a time I need to learn it then I will learn it...

I have an example on it but I just never looked at it

grim_squeaker_x
06-12-2001, 05:04 PM
Board = Fun
At least if you can do stuff with it, it's fun... It can certainly be used to improve a night/day system so it doesn't need a map anymore, and it is needed if you want to script your own race...

Falcor
06-12-2001, 09:46 PM
Yes, Board stuff is cool, but putobject is much nicer for quick stuff (IE : shovle holes)
I like the concept of the board array (board[....]) And I would like to make 2d arrays availible to the scripter comunity. Not just for bboard editing... (Look at the post in future improvments)

I know you can do neat stuff with board... If only I were older Kia, hahaha, I gotta takle my geometry pefor I can do cool patters...

(What is sin / cos / tan???) hahahaha

Ok i say enough, bye.

Falcor
06-12-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Bah, geometry is cool, but the really genius stuff is usually mathsless. The trouble is, people usually think that a script is only good if it's full of eye-candy, which is why they like mine. I hope to God they never actually look at the code ;)

Eyecandy = Playerslike = people come to your server = Popular = Endless

Face it. Most people out thre like art and stuff... People get 3d cars, why? So there eyes can get more candy! People cant get enough And I thignk that we should give it to them.

As for the fact of 2d arrays. It would be alot EZer for me to have those handy dandy matricies around so I can do cool stuff with showimg. hahaha

hakman
06-13-2001, 07:02 PM
tnx 4 dat

Butz
06-20-2001, 10:30 PM
Yes..A Matrix would be a lot easier to understand..

General
06-20-2001, 11:33 PM
Ohhh, big diss, you called Kai Kia. Ohhhhhh.....

ownerofbabylon
06-21-2001, 12:23 AM
I have never really looked at board. What is board used for???