PDA

View Full Version : More says and messages!

Tyhm
03-23-2001, 11:21 AM
As if Stefan hasn't done enough work with signs lately, here I come asking for more!

^_^

say3 language,sign#/text
message2 language,text

If the player has the language number selected, it says the text for that language. Say and Say2 will do the default, but if any of these servers ever get a translation department, they could code a sign like
say3 1,Vilkommen a Graalonline.com!;
say3 2,Bienvenue a Graalonline.com!;
say3 3,Njord a Fjord Graalonline.com!;
say3 4,ZzÈÍáê+ý Graalonline.com!;
say3 5,Aloha Graalonline.com!;
say3 6,Barbarbarbarbarbarbar click click Graalonline.com!;
say3 0,Welcome to Graalonline.com!;

Or whatever, I suck at languages...but you get the idea, it says the sign if the player's language value matches the sign's language value, if it doesn't it defaults to the english version, or whichever one's last on the list.

FatherDante
03-23-2001, 03:17 PM
So, basically, make the servers multilingual compatible? Not a bad idea but most of us don't know french, italian, spanish, German, and english.

grim_squeaker_x
03-23-2001, 06:59 PM
I could translate signs to Dutch ^^

Tyhm
03-24-2001, 12:02 AM
Well, right, it wouldn't be mandatory: a player could still just use plain old boring say 1 in their levels, and anyone who can't read English would be where they are now anyway, we'd have to get a Translation department to translate it and add the say3 lines to the levels.

Another option, just retool the signs so there's an option box, sign 0 English, Francais, Deutsch, Svenka, etc, if it's blank it defaults to English regardless of what language you have checked...

Lycia
03-24-2001, 02:41 AM
I could probably do a Turkish or French one.

FatherDante
03-24-2001, 07:13 AM
Most people who can speak a lot of languages charge money to translate. :)

grim_squeaker_x
03-24-2001, 08:41 PM
Blah I can translate to dutch (A rare skill you know) for no charge when I'm bored.

Admins
03-25-2001, 02:35 AM
Why not starting with making a
languageDutch.txt or languageNederlends.txt
or so (don't know what the name Dutch is for Dutchs)

Admins
03-25-2001, 02:39 AM
Making the levels compatible for
different languages would be good,
although its not easy
(one sign would be translated,
and say 'Geh da hin und sage Kaufe Angel'
(go there and say buy fishing rod)
but the fisher guy is still English and only
accepts 'buy fishing rod' and not 'Kauf Angel'

And how do the server select the right
sign when you just do say3 2,...
and some lines later there follows a say3 0,...

grim_squeaker_x
03-25-2001, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Why not starting with making a
languageDutch.txt or languageNederlends.txt
or so (don't know what the name Dutch is for Dutchs)

Good idea actually, I'll do that once and you got that almost right it's LanguageNederlands ;)

Tyhm
03-25-2001, 06:52 AM
Alright, refining my idea now:

The signs still go by numbers for say 1...so the sign box would have options for all languages. When you type something in one language, it automatically fills for the other languages...or the EXE is programmed to check, if a sign is blank for the player's language, go with the default sign.
for say3, the texts would be seperated by commas, as in say3 Welcome to Graalonline.com,,Bienvenue a Graalonline.com,Njord a Fjord,,,Moo;

As for accepting spoken commands in different languages, that could be done with a sufficiently elaborate OR condition:if(playerchats&&(strequals(#c,Yes)
||strequals(#c,Oui)
||strequals(#c,Si)
||strequals(#c,Da)
||strequals(#c,Ja)
||strequals(#c,Hai)){

grim_squeaker_x
03-25-2001, 06:53 AM
Well it should limit such translations mostly to yes and no then as many languages share words for those words.

Tyhm
03-25-2001, 08:33 AM
Well, right, and you can also have the sign say "Say 'Oui' to purchase the Fishing Rod". Then you only need to test for "Oui", and people of all languages have to say it.
But it's not that much work to have it test for different versions of yes and no...

grim_squeaker_x
03-25-2001, 06:46 PM
So I can just always say:
Th15 i5 pur3 0\/\/|\|4g3?

Blah I hate typing like that.

K-Dawg
03-25-2001, 09:23 PM
As do I

FatherDante
03-25-2001, 11:27 PM
They had something like that in UO... didn't work too well either, people would be like "I am Korea"
But, for automated translations on the spot, pretty impressive.

03-26-2001, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
As if Stefan hasn't done enough work with signs lately, here I come asking for more!

^_^

say3 language,sign#/text
message2 language,text

If the player has the language number selected, it says the text for that language. Say and Say2 will do the default, but if any of these servers ever get a translation department, they could code a sign like
say3 1,Vilkommen a Graalonline.com!;
say3 2,Bienvenue a Graalonline.com!;
say3 3,Njord a Fjord Graalonline.com!;
say3 4,ZzÈÍáê+ý Graalonline.com!;
say3 5,Aloha Graalonline.com!;
say3 6,Barbarbarbarbarbarbar click click Graalonline.com!;
say3 0,Welcome to Graalonline.com!;

Or whatever, I suck at languages...but you get the idea, it says the sign if the player's language value matches the sign's language value, if it doesn't it defaults to the english version, or whichever one's last on the list.

I cloud do the languages that are needed in a txt, like Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, English, and a few more.
I dont know all of thoughs languages my self but i know most of them, Pluse my friend cloud help me on the languages that i dont know.
Please contact me over.
• Aim: Ice Pick090

I will not do this for some kid that wants me to do this for him and take my credit, I only will do it for Stefan or Unimade.

Thanks for your time,
sincerely Ice Pick.

freddyfox
03-26-2001, 08:45 AM
Uh, on that contacting you thing, how about "Never in a million trillion years"?

SSmutz
03-26-2001, 11:55 AM
i can do Spanish signs =D

Lion'el-Jonson
03-26-2001, 12:08 PM
I can do Italian and a bit of French :D

grim_squeaker_x
03-26-2001, 07:55 PM
I am like one of the few here who can do Dutch :p

freddyfox
03-27-2001, 01:18 AM
I can do l337 sp34k

RawPower
03-27-2001, 01:48 AM
he should just make the language select menu compatile with in game graal but that would take probably a LONG time to complete.

Tyhm
03-27-2001, 04:18 AM
Isn't that what I said?

FatherDante
03-27-2001, 02:52 PM
Is it really worth the time as English becomes the world's Lingua Franca?

grim_squeaker_x
03-27-2001, 08:03 PM
Wel it is, I kow for a fact that there are 9 year old kids in my country who play Graal, those don't know any English most of the time except "yes" and "no", I think this occurs in countries throughout the world (No offence to younger american who aren't like this but most of the younger americans I see on Graal do speak good english but waste it on swearing at people), for that it would be useful for the years that English isn't the language spoken overwhere in the world.
And as a little fact I already spoke pretty good English myself at the age of 9 years which is quite exceptional if here in The Netherlands, but then again not many kids of that age play the Final Fantasy games for entertainment I guess.

FatherDante
03-27-2001, 10:48 PM
Well, I guess the more accessible Graal is, the more players, and the more players, the better, right?

funnylinkwantsbomys
03-28-2001, 02:51 AM
usted sabe que hay lugares para traducir el texto para libre

vous savez qu'il y a des endroits pour traduire le texte pour libre

Sie wissen, daß es gibt die Plätze zum Übersetzen Text für freies

sapete che ci sono posti per tradurre il testo per libero

você sabe que há uns lugares para traduzir o texto para livre