PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and god-given items DO work


zell12
06-22-2003, 08:57 PM
Alot of people were complaining that the prayers and items gods give you were not being given when you prayed to them. This is only because we based it on just prayer for a long time and hoping for the best. It isn't like that. :)

Every item (except Agenus' bow) and every prayer (Except Flaming Aura) has a low, medium, and high nest to their names, so in order to get them you need this amount of grace:

Low: 50 (100 with alter)
Med: 150 (300 with alter)
High: 300 (600 with alter)

The "with alter" part just means as you pray, your grace doubles, so in order to get thi particular item or prayer, you need the required grace, then double it.

Satrek2000
06-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Another point: doubbling your grace doesn't always work from the start. I started as a warrior and got piety later, I could only double my grace above wis lv10 (with Aengus back then). A friend of mine started as priest and she could double from the start, whereas another friend, a priest too, also had to get up to lv10 before he could - they both worship Ogma.

zell12
06-23-2003, 07:57 PM
I believe you need a certian amount of grace before you can double, not a certian level.

Heiwaronsha
06-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Ugh, but no one can get that much grace. I'll never get gloves of the sun!

zell12
06-24-2003, 01:17 AM
I had 71 grace at level 13 I'm level 17 now), I have alot more now, but it is undisclosed at the current time. :)

Mabey Stefan should:
a. increase the amount of grace you get for each level or
b. make it 50 low 75 medium and 100 high, or something like that.

Tyhm
06-24-2003, 06:27 AM
I'm for B. With A, the spell cost has to go up or priests become better combat casters than wizards, then wizards want more mana per level, then fighters want spell damage decreased...

zell12
06-24-2003, 06:38 AM
I do agree, I just thought out the problems and it would be more time requiring to do the math and make all the priest spells require more grace. Thus making it take a long time to regain grace. I hope you foward this to Stefan, it would be great. :)

Heiwaronsha
06-24-2003, 07:25 AM
yeah I hope it's changed .. it'd help things a lot and make the game more fun..

zell12
06-24-2003, 07:34 AM
It would also help to finish devind shock and stuff.

Heiwaronsha
06-24-2003, 07:45 AM
yeah and spiderweb and stuff ..

spiderweb is supposed to make anyone walking in it reeeealy slow but it doesn't

zell12
06-24-2003, 08:30 AM
I'll make a list of all the prayers/spells that need to be fixed or get graphics.

MKSLAYER
06-24-2003, 06:53 PM
balor isnt excatly easey with prayers a nd relics =_= THATS IT IM MAKING RELICS FOR HIM!

zell12
06-25-2003, 07:28 PM
You can't, the mud lib cannot be altered with such big changes! *slaps*

MarkB
06-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by zell12
You can't, the mud lib cannot be altered with such big changes! *slaps*


excal just wants Leucetious to be pwn >.>
its ok, im prolly switchi9ng to him anyway

zell12
06-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Man, he is only good if you got the grace to get Medium. I got 25 wis right now, and I need like, 3 more wis potions for full 20 wis stat, when I get them three i'll be pretty close to 150.

MarkB
06-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by zell12
Man, he is only good if you got the grace to get Medium. I got 25 wis right now, and I need like, 3 more wis potions for full 20 wis stat, when I get them three i'll be pretty close to 150.

I should have never restarted from priest...when i restarted from lvl 35 barb(which was uterly retarded for me to do) and then i got to lvl 19 Priest, I had 91 Max Grace, With 1 Blood Ring and RoE >.>

DragonX
06-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by MarkB



excal just wants Leucetious to be pwn >.>
its ok, im prolly switchi9ng to him anyway

Gods that don't have relics don't have them for a reason. Balor's laming aura and his resistance to magic is already good enough, he doesn't need a relic to support him. :p

MarkB
06-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by DragonX


Gods that don't have relics don't have them for a reason. Balor's laming aura and his resistance to magic is already good enough, he doesn't need a relic to support him. :p

Not really >.>
He has like spellpoint regen -2 and like -1 on health regen

zell12
06-25-2003, 08:04 PM
the people that created the mudlib were not that stupid, there is always a reason for everything.

MarkB
06-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by zell12
the people that created the mudlib were not that stupid, there is always a reason for everything.

yea, what lvl does leuc give forked lightning?

DragonX
06-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by MarkB


Not really >.>
He has like spellpoint regen -2 and like -1 on health regen

Just get a magic +2 ring to cancel out that spell point regen -2 and for the health, a RoW has +3 regen so that doesn't really do anything to you :p

MarkB
06-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by DragonX


Just get a magic +2 ring to cancel out that spell point regen -2 and for the health, a RoW has +3 regen so that doesn't really do anything to you :p

or 2 RoWs? XD


I hear that stefan made it stop at +5 health regen...which basically makes RDA and BDA useless other than for speed and resistances

DragonX
06-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by MarkB


or 2 RoWs? XD


I hear that stefan made it stop at +5 health regen...which basically makes RDA and BDA useless other than for speed and resistances

That wouldn't qualify it as useless. Regeneration +5 is only 1 part of RDA/BDA, I use it for the other parts :p

zell12
06-25-2003, 10:31 PM
I hope Tyhm tells Stefan about this, I really want to get high level so bad and get the mithirl chainmail of lightning of sorig. :(

Tyhm
06-27-2003, 03:37 AM
I asked him. He thinks it's fine as-is, because nobody SHOULD be getting the high level stuff. =_=

zell12
06-27-2003, 04:31 AM
What is it there for then? =/ People on Crossfire are only at level >30 and can do all that already. =/