PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Running for PC post your case here!

Lugie
03-23-2001, 09:13 AM
I'm starting another thread, the other one died/has too many posts.

LUGIE'S CASE

I have recently stopped my streak of PKing for this, ending my 600+ and counting kill streak. PKing was everything to me before this, so this proves somewhat how devoted I am.

When I am 90-and-some-years-old I picture myself playing Graal, with my old wrinkly fingers pecking at the wore-down keyboard. I cannot get enough of this great game with great (for the most part) players and great possiblities. I am addicted, putting in about 3 hours weekdays and 6-12 on weekends in onlinetime.

My main focus will be to jail people that hack, interrupt events and spars, and try to SOMEWHAT regulate PKing. I feel that PKing shouldn't be stopped completely, but should only be regulated, to slow it down some. Without PKing many people wouldnt have much to do on Graal, not make any of their income, or we wouldn't even have half of the arguments that take place in the toalls every day. In place of the current "No-Warnings" system, I will make it so you have three warnings per a given amount of time, maybe one Graal month (24 hours), then resort to a jailing.

What started my campaign was 2 or 3 individuals saying I could handle the job, when I didn't even think a thing about it.

5 people TODAY have said something along the lines of: "I will vote for you if you give me 20 gralats" or the likes. Some of them were kidding and were my friends, but some weren't, and I have not sold out nor will sell out in the future, just so we can have an honest election.

I have asked 4 current Police and all have said that i would make a good Police member, or even a Cheif, and they include Lyndzey, Kyle, Jack, and Cloud X. Some of my other supporters along the way have been Dante, Brady, CORPSE, Jerom, Beowulf, and, like him or not, Twiztid Juggalo.

My past expiriance with staff positions is limited, however I was the BEST LAT to ever grace CDA and received FTP and RC on that server, which at the time had around 40 people at a time playing at one time. Yes, I did receive many complaints about warping, due to all of the poorly created levels and broken links on CDA that were up at the time, but, in my opinion, responded very quickly and took care of the buisness that had to be done. I have attempted two servers now in my Graalian life, and know how to use the 1.28 RC very well now (sorry, Stefan :eek:), and also have some great level making skills under my belt if ever needed.

Now that I am done with that LONG post, I have hopefully proved something and have won your vote. I probably missed something I have said in other threads that I would do, but I think I have covered most of it. Thanks for reading, and everybody else running post here with your case!

Psyker
03-23-2001, 09:20 AM
I've already made my vote. :o

Fai
03-23-2001, 09:22 AM
VOTE FOR ME K!

Lyndzey8000
03-23-2001, 09:24 AM
HI I AM LYNDZEY DAVIS AND I AM RUNNING TOO! SO I AM SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT WHAT I WILL DO FOR GRAAL AND STUFF. IF I WIN, I WILL LOWER TAXES FOR ALL GRAAL PLAYERS! BY AT LEAST 99 %! SO VOTE FOR ME. I ALSO NOTICE THAT SOME PLAYERS DO NOT LIKE FISH. I WILL MAKE SURE ALL FISH ARE TREATED EQUAL, AS WITH BOMYS! I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT MANNY AND PAUL CALLS GIRLS SIR. I WILL MAKE SURE THAT IS FIXED AND USING THE COMMAND if(playerisfemale) MANNY WILL SAY "YES MA'AM"! SO VOTE FOR ME! I HAVE PLAYED SINCE 1.0 AND AM WELL KNOWN THROUGH OUT THE GRAALIAN WORLD. I AM ALREADY A POLICE AND I AM IN THE GUILD SM. I AM ALSO LEADER OF GODDESS AND I AM ALSO A FISH AND I AM FEMALE. I WANT TO BE THE VERY FIRST FEMALE FISH POLICE CHIEF! SO VOTE FOR ME! MY PLAN IS THIS:
YOU GET AN ADMIN SPONSER (ET DOESNT COUNT, BUT MADBRAD AND FREAK DOES) AND THEN YOU EMAIL ME. I LOOK AT IT AND IF I LIKE WHAT YOU SAY AND I SEE YOU HELPING PEOPLE I WILL SET UP AN INTERVIEW AND IF I THINK YOU ARE GOOD I WILL HIRE YOU! VOTE FOR ME CAUSE I AM THE BEST CHOICE! SORRY FOR USING ALL CAPS BUT IT GRABS ATTENTION! OK NOW BYE

Psyker
03-23-2001, 09:26 AM
All caps is annoying.

Barbi
03-23-2001, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Lugie
When I am 90-and-some-years-old I picture myself playing Graal, with my old wrinkly fingers pecking at the wore-down keyboard.

Posting for a friend:

"God, thats pathetic."
-Heldag(LAT)

The above is not my opinion. My opinion is that Lugie is the first one I've read yet who has actually tried to say how he would do anything. :)

Barbi
03-23-2001, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey8000
MY PLAN IS THIS:
YOU GET AN ADMIN SPONSER (ET DOESNT COUNT, BUT MADBRAD AND FREAK DOES) AND THEN YOU EMAIL ME. I LOOK AT IT AND IF I LIKE WHAT YOU SAY AND I SEE YOU HELPING PEOPLE I WILL SET UP AN INTERVIEW AND IF I THINK YOU ARE GOOD I WILL HIRE YOU!

What if a potential recruit doesn't know any real admins? That still seems like nepotism, only watered down a little. :(

Lugie
03-23-2001, 09:50 AM
MUAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAAA I WILL HAVE TO EAT OATMEAL!

Lyndzey8000
03-23-2001, 09:56 AM
the reason i would make it that way is so people wont ask "HOW MANY SPONSERS AND CAN YOU SPONSER ME" etc..i dont even like the sponser thing, i would have it like that or have it they email me why they want to be police and i interview etc

Asuka
03-23-2001, 10:05 AM
Asuka's Case

Ok here it goes. I would like to protect people who don't want to be pked but still allow some pking. Such as, if someone who doesn't want pked says stop but someone else still pks them then i will want them put in jail for a regular amount of time. Yet if there is an argument. I believe a court is in order. (we should start using that thing more often. instead of instantaneous decisions)

On the subject of how do police get hired. If i am PC i will be able to hire someone who i think deserves the job on the spot otherwise you must be nominated by 3 graal players or 1 admin then i will have the Police Team vote and if he gets the vote then i will interview him and if he passes with flying colors he may join the squad. Knowing that any curruption you will be terminated instantaneously from the force. Also you will be blacklisted from being police ever again.

Experience- none I have only held ET for 1 day. I quit because i did not like how it was being administered. I have never wanted any position on graal except GP so i never went to any other servers to gain a position so thats what i lack there of. Though i do think i would do an ok job. Also im sure if i make any mistakes they would be pointed out by the aware people of graal.

FatherDante
03-23-2001, 10:19 AM
if(playerisfemale) MANNY WILL SAY "YES MA'AM"!

That's female preference, and besides, that script doesn't work anymore.

Immitat0r
03-23-2001, 11:22 AM
I like cheese! Cheer anyone up?!

FatherDante
03-23-2001, 01:05 PM
As always, you bring me great joy James205. Look forward to tomorrow evening!

Asuka
03-23-2001, 01:11 PM
I think im going to write one where dante doesnt die.

FatherDante
03-23-2001, 01:14 PM
In my last story Dante didn't die... I don't know why though. Guess it is about time for another adventure, isn't it?

grim_squeaker_x
03-23-2001, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by FatherDante

That's female preference, and besides, that script doesn't work anymore.

Well actually, if you make an NPC somewhere else where you can set the players gender (setgender male; or setgender female;) you can make use of playerismale and playerisfemale.

FatherDante
03-23-2001, 10:14 PM
Okay, so like, if when you start the game when you choose your race, if there was also a choice of gender, it could setgender and that be your gender permanently?

We ought to implement that! Then we could male and female restrooms and stuff!

And bomy mating! :D

Lugie
03-24-2001, 01:25 AM
bomy mating is a good idea...

Lycia
03-24-2001, 02:12 AM
Too much talk about police. Lets see some action!

By the way, I'd like to see bomy mating.

Tyhm
03-24-2001, 04:58 AM
I'd like to see Zorbi mating...
Err...

hakman
03-24-2001, 05:06 AM
YOU PPL ARE SICK!!!!!
Bomy mating!
I mean...come on!
That is deranged!
Those two little shells going at it!!
ewwwwww!
*Shudders*
WEllllllllll anyways!
I dont think there should be mtaing of any kind, BUT breeding bomies would be a good idea....Kinda like FF7 (if anyone here has played the chocobo bit!)
we could get two normals, breed em, and get a faster one or a stronger one and breeed two of those!
And i think it should be RIDICULOUSLY expensive and you have to feed them regularly etc.
What is Yall opinion on this???

Tyhm
03-24-2001, 07:07 AM
If player Bomys can mate, player Humans should be able to mate too.

If pet Bomys can mate, that's different...though I'm not too keen on humans having bomy pets but bomys not having human pets. That could lead to some interesting dynamics. To all appearances the Bomy is the pet, but the Human is in fact very stupid...

FatherDante
03-24-2001, 07:34 AM
Bomys are as smart as humans. Weird.

Anyway, I've nothing against human mating except that it's a little obscene...

grim_squeaker_x
03-24-2001, 07:21 PM
Well blah, maybe bomy's don't mate but split through half? Kinda like some singe cellular life forms do?