PDA

View Full Version : Guild Descriptions

milia2
06-11-2001, 06:09 PM
When new players come online, they don't know the difference between one guild or another. Is it possible that we could create a system that requests new guilds to define what they stand for? Kind of a Declaration of Principles or something that also states if they will accept new members or if it is a closed group."

For Example:
"We in the XXX Guild are dedicated to bring together players interested in promoting, participating in and winning all sporting events... We accept members only if they can show they have built interesting levels/events linked to sports."

Or:
"We in YYY Guild are warriors who want to link together the baddest a**es in Graal2001. We will accept any challenges to organised or spontaneous fighting... blah, blah. We are closed to new members"

Or:
"We in ZZZ Guild are friends from Blank HighSchool in East Bumfunk New Jersey. We want to build the coolest new levels. We will accept new players only from our home town."

What does anybody think about this? Bad idea? Not worthwhile? Cool?

- emmett from Milia

comtest1
06-11-2001, 06:31 PM
Hi,
I agree. While some guilds do have very good descriptions when you look online at http://www.graalclassic.com/site/guild/guild-list.php , others have nothing interesting or descriptive when you see them in the Guild List.

I would, as a new user, like to be able to search for:
- Guilds accepting new members AND
- Guild descriptions including keywords that I type in (e.g. spar, peaceful, events, script, etc.)

Then I could join/apply right there.

-comtest1

Derrick
06-11-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by milia2
When new players come online, they don't know the difference between one guild or another. Is it possible that we could create a system that requests new guilds to define what they stand for? Kind of a Declaration of Principles or something that also states if they will accept new members or if it is a closed group."

For Example:
"We in the XXX Guild are dedicated to bring together players interested in promoting, participating in and winning all sporting events... We accept members only if they can show they have built interesting levels/events linked to sports."

Or:
"We in YYY Guild are warriors who want to link together the baddest a**es in Graal2001. We will accept any challenges to organised or spontaneous fighting... blah, blah. We are closed to new members"

Or:
"We in ZZZ Guild are friends from Blank HighSchool in East Bumfunk New Jersey. We want to build the coolest new levels. We will accept new players only from our home town."

What does anybody think about this? Bad idea? Not worthwhile? Cool?

- emmett from Milia

Yes good idea ;)

Derrick
06-11-2001, 09:55 PM
There is, look at the guild list.
Most big guilds have a description.

comtest1
06-11-2001, 10:19 PM
only SOME guilds have descriptions. sure some BIG ones, but not all. It should be part of the GUILD REQUEST form.

ALSO, it should be SEARCHABLE! i.e. which are open, which correspond to my interests?

galen
06-12-2001, 02:29 AM
Detailed descriptions are up to the individual guilds to provide.

As for the searchable keywords and accepting new members stuff...it ain't heppen'till the entire guild system migrates to SQL

fugitive316
06-12-2001, 09:23 AM
I have been planning to make a section of the SL webpage, to be dedicated to guilds. Each *registered guild will have a description written by the owner, followed by the PK, Neutral and Anti-PK alignment. And the page url and email of the leader/recruiter. Along with the server, our webpage is also being redone.

*There will be a place to sign you guild up and send all of the info. The only guilds that will be on the SL page are those who have signed up.