PDA

View Full Version : Kantarian Empire.

dorfindel
06-13-2003, 01:44 AM
All right, I'm making a server...looking for some people to help. Don't just discount it right now...you can go look at the website it's http://www.freewebs.com/kantarianempire The overworld is around half done, and that's going fine. We mostly need scripters, however another LAT, and someone good with ganis would help too. I doubt this is going to get many people but whatever :\ . Go check out the site XD.

Here is a pic of the map as of this morning, it looks a little weird because of all the blank space though.
http://www.freewebs.com/kantarianempire/kantariamap.png:\

TripleE
06-13-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by dorfindel
All right, I'm making a server...looking for some people to help. Don't just discount it right now...you can go look at the website it's http://www.freewebs.com/kantarianempire. The overworld is around half done, and that's going fine. We mostly need scripters, however another LAT, and someone good with ganis would help too. I doubt this is going to get many people but whatever :\ . Go check out the site XD.

Here is a pic of the map as of this morning, it looks a little weird because of all the blank space though.
I think that map looks pretty cool. Kinda crowded. Was it generated world? Or did you actually make all of that. Well im not going to help. Im tired of working,and not being rewarded for anything(no im not a whining bi*ch,my work has been stolen to much and no credit was givin to me). Sorry. :(

amonrabr
06-13-2003, 03:16 AM
All right, I'm making a server...looking for some people to help. Don't just discount it right now...you can go look at the website it's http://www.freewebs.com/kantarianempire. The overworld is around half done, and that's going fine. We mostly need scripters, however another LAT, and someone good with ganis would help too. I doubt this is going to get many people but whatever :\ . Go check out the site XD.

404 - Page Not Found on the site

but the pw looks ok, good luck =)

dorfindel
06-13-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by TripleE

I think that map looks pretty cool. Kinda crowded. Was it generated world? Or did you actually make all of that. Well im not going to help. Im tired of working,and not being rewarded for anything(no im not a whining bi*ch,my work has been stolen to much and no credit was givin to me). Sorry. :(

No, I used gen to link it, but all that was genned was a small section of the river. The rest of it was made by mostly me and my LAT Chief. Some was made by another of our LATs who quit, and a little more was made by one we recently hired.

amonrabr, the server was probably down or something x_x...try later if you want to look at it, it works for me. Thanks though :)

TripleE
06-13-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by amonrabr

404 - Page Not Found on the site

but the pw looks ok, good luck =)
Try the link he posted at the bottom. If it doesnt work I thinks it's your computer.

dorfindel
06-13-2003, 03:42 AM
Oh, there was a "." in the link i fixed it. He saw the picture already I think TripleE

G_yoshi
06-13-2003, 03:58 AM

No, I used gen to link it, but all that was genned was a small section of the river. The rest of it was made by mostly me and my LAT Chief. Some was made by another of our LATs who quit, and a little more was made by one we recently hired.

amonrabr, the server was probably down or something x_x...try later if you want to look at it, it works for me. Thanks though :)

Nothing wrong with using the level generator :p Seriously, I think people that fret over it need to shut up. If done properly the levelgen plus things like the path tools can really speed things up. In the hands of inexperienced users, yes, it will look very bad. Just because you may do a ton of levels by hand doesn't necessarily impress me. You'd still have to do that pretty much with generated levels since they don't generate a high level of detail, just the outlines :)

Aknts
06-13-2003, 04:01 AM
The map looks alright I can't judge till I can see levels pics.

Chicken_l33t
06-13-2003, 05:21 AM
Map looks good square at parts and as you said Not done completley.
Levels aint to grand but they ok i'd play there if it had alot of content and that map :), good job.

How many levels is it?
What are some entertainment type things e.g. be Events, Mini Games, Quests, RPing.

zell12
06-13-2003, 05:56 AM
I don't like that map very much :(

dorfindel
06-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Chicken_l33t
Map looks good square at parts and as you said Not done completley.
Levels aint to grand but they ok i'd play there if it had alot of content and that map :), good job.

How many levels is it?
What are some entertainment type things e.g. be Events, Mini Games, Quests, RPing.

It'll look less square when it's done...some parts of it will be redone as well, obviously. Yes, there will be events and stuff...the quests will not be the typical "kill baddies then carry a pot and get a heart" quests, they are actually going to be related to the storyline, and intertwine, like the quests on classic, but with an actual purpose o_O...

Spark910
06-13-2003, 05:41 PM
The levels by them self on the site look a bit dull and boring, and lacking detail. But the map looks good like that.

Spark910
06-13-2003, 06:08 PM
The white castle bit in the middle that looks like never land, but the levels on that part of the map arent nice, just looks more detailed on the map....

Symbonia_Od
06-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Brett White
It looks craptastic! Goodluck guY

Id like to see you do any better. lol

Overall, my judgment is that you guys worked to fast. Didnt plan everythin out in the begining before acually going into development stages.

This is very important. Not only for the story line, and acual game play but the look of the server. By the looks of it, it was just plastured all around on the overworld.

Also you need more detail.. add some bigger mountains, some more vast forests in nice patterns and such..

Otherthen that, you seem to be on the right track.

[Note:] Get a new website ;)

ZanderX
06-16-2003, 10:11 AM
I rarely, if ever, compliment PWs.

But the map is decent.

dorfindel
06-17-2003, 01:06 AM
Okay...first of all, I have this planned out. It mostly looks like that because we did the towns first where they were meant to be, then the basic layout of the server, and now we are detailing and making connecting roads, as you can see. Also, we didn't really do it too fast, because I've been working on it since like...november o_O..started to pick up in like february though. I have a plan of how it's going to go ;) . Oh, about the mountains, we are adding layers. Also, a lot of things will be redetailed, I realize that that part of it isn't the greatest x_x. A lot of things will be redone entirely, one thing that I might redo is that piece of crap town along the top, on the middle to right side.

Mykel
06-24-2003, 05:29 PM
Good luck Flash. I know that you are very dedicated, and although the levels arent perfect, with good content in the levels, it could actually be a lot of fun.