PDA

View Full Version : Improve Railrods/selections

LinkX
06-11-2001, 12:07 PM
I came up with this wacky idea that we should have railroad selections of forcing the player to go a certain direction, go faster, go slower, jump tracks(including over cliffs up and down), and maybe even one of those.. things on the railroads to change tracks. Also maybe it should be ran like an actual Train with and actual player as the conductor. Well these are just a few ideas! Go ahead list any more!!

FatherDante
06-11-2001, 02:31 PM
Um... diagonals might be nice.

LinkX
06-11-2001, 10:49 PM
Hmm.. would be a good idea.. also instead of just having the track end at the grass or whatever, have differ track that has a stop on it.

General
06-12-2001, 01:10 AM
Maybe like a turbo item, like you buy them at a place next to the Bomboria station, and then when you fire 'em you go twice as fast for 10 seconds

Tyhm
06-12-2001, 04:58 AM
Yeah, mushrooms. =P

Rekad
06-15-2001, 03:34 AM
how bout this? I wanna tie someone to the train track with my jump rope, get in my Drasigne and run em over to pk em, that would be fun!

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Rekad
how bout this? I wanna tie someone to the train track with my jump rope, get in my Drasigne and run em over to pk em, that would be fun!

The idea is crude, but it has potential...

Rekad
06-15-2001, 03:44 AM
the drasigns should be able to pick up speed and ram stuff to make em both take damage, and we could have a big train for the railpark... because i wanna make a track that goes straight into a wall that will kill anyone that rides

LinkX
06-15-2001, 04:09 AM
Lol.. you are a crazy cookie Sisok.

Rekad
06-15-2001, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by LinkX
Lol.. you are a crazy cookie Sisok. no, if you want a crazy cookie, then setshield shiro-shield.gif!!!
500 POST WOOHOO!!!!!!!

LinkX
06-16-2001, 04:55 AM
Any one have any other suggestions??

E_Shadow
06-16-2001, 06:07 AM
Make the in tree tracks look better, more than a track layed in trees (I know they are but....) Like add sopourts holding them up just to look better. Oh and where it croses from grass to trees, make it like the bridge in destany ( I think) where you go under walking and over on the cart. And if you want ppl to be able to get on/off at the grass/trees crossover then add something that makes it look like it's going down into the grass because the way it is now it screws up that whole area and the depth perception gets destroyed. It looks like the trees, the rail and the grass are all flat! (I relize it's true but it shouldn't look like it!) OK there goes my rant............

Marco2002
06-16-2001, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by E_Shadow
Make the in tree tracks look better, more than a track layed in trees (I know they are but....) Like add sopourts holding them up just to look better. Oh and where it croses from grass to trees, make it like the bridge in destany ( I think) where you go under walking and over on the cart. And if you want ppl to be able to get on/off at the grass/trees crossover then add something that makes it look like it's going down into the grass because the way it is now it screws up that whole area and the depth perception gets destroyed. It looks like the trees, the rail and the grass are all flat! (I relize it's true but it shouldn't look like it!) OK there goes my rant............

Yeah
the trees looks like flat papers which lies on the Grass when you drive over it

LinkX
06-16-2001, 06:35 AM
Now that I look closely at it, it does.. esp. when it goes up the cliffs... doesn't look right.

E_Shadow
06-16-2001, 12:01 PM
that's what I'm saying! I'm glad other ppl see it to! ...............................ok enough happyness................................
*caugh* With minor graphical changes the tracks could be changed to look right. I know a few non-graal players that could do it, only they don't play graal so I don't think I could convince them to do it. It wouldn't be to hard. All that's needed is some shadows and maybie some poles to hold the track up. Oh and that (avolon I found out) script for over and under, and actually under and over like a bridge like how avalons was. that would be soooo cool. walking under ppl going over you in the trees in the carts.:D we just need someone to do it that's all.

LinkX
06-17-2001, 01:39 AM
Hmm.. I wonder if Stefan ever took a look at this thread..

E_Shadow
06-17-2001, 10:57 AM
I hope so, I think we need the train's improved. STEFAN!! READ MY POST BACK A PAGE!!!

Rekad
06-17-2001, 11:18 AM
pm him the post, and give him the link

E_Shadow
06-17-2001, 01:40 PM
i will if I ever see him on.

Admins
06-17-2001, 10:48 PM
Yes more different railroad track types might
be nice.
It's very easy to make a track that can be
switched in the direction (so that you
automatically go into another direction).
Tracks that change your speed would
be nice too, you would get a boost when driving
down the cliffs, and would have problems in
getting up there.
The paths that go on trees have something
where it goes up to the trees / goes down from the
trees like the trees are a higher than the ground
and not making it look like a flat world. May be
that could improved a little bit by making a ramp
or so for each direction, 4x8 tiles big (divided in
two railroad track pieces).

E_Shadow
06-18-2001, 12:50 AM
....... YEAH!! WHAT HE SAID!!!!

Spearman
06-18-2001, 01:36 AM
If you have tracks that boost your speed, you have to have tracks that slow you down, such as brakes

E_Shadow
06-18-2001, 05:03 AM
You could also make the track not just go over trees, maybie actually edit the maps so you can have it be a still blocked for walking but platform of some sort to go through the trees. If you want an authentic industrial revolution (which is to an extent what the trains did) (which also went similar to the real one to lol, it was chaos at first) you have to knock down some trees to make it look better.

LinkX
06-18-2001, 10:03 AM
Crazy idea but have those safety arms just for the fun of it.

E_Shadow
06-18-2001, 12:15 PM
not to void my other lagitamate coments but.
instead of a railroad, we could strap the player to the front of a rocket and send them flying across the map. That way I could actually make an event that the event team throws!! and we also need a really angry face so I can put it here --> !!