PDA

View Full Version : New Scripts and other stuff From Falados's Inner Mind

Falcor
06-11-2001, 09:48 AM
Ok, Well You all know how I wanna get new scripts that offer cool user customization.. Although I cant spell I will try to get my point across. hahaha...

Number one on the list is Pic Masks...

Ok you all know that graal defines walls on the default PICS one..

I believe To offer flexibility to the rule, We should have a pick mask...

Pics2.png would server as a mask, to define water tiles, onwall tiles. Floor tiles (Maybe 2nd layer tiles? (drawoverplayer)

When your on a player world.. The server will download the pICS one from the server.... And so that would prevent people from editing there pICS mask to be all floors or something (Bad bad cheaters)

And this brings me to my 2nd point..

SETPICS picfile,tilemask;

Ok, For player worlds (Like Damasca, where did that go? I loved that server!) to offer mor of a Development Friendly environment, setpics would enable to client to use the pICS file that is on the server... E.G.: The server makes there own pICS file and pICS mask and then set the player to use them

Much like setting the map file but to set the pICS file... This would be a good thing for player worlds who like to be original..

Ok,,, Now that I got PICS off my brain. Lets go to cool and neat stuff that us scripters want =)

2 dimensional arrays...

2d Arrays are used by the graal board.. You must call them in a different syntax than regular arrays... (remember board[index] ??)

2d arrays would be set by this method

my2darray = { {1,2,3} {4,5,6} {7,8,9} };

Each brace inside the primary brace is a row... in each row there is a collum...

This particular array has a size of 3X3 , 3^2 or 9

And it would be called using my2darray[row# * collum#]

Example... my2darray[1*2] would give me 2 because it is the 1 row and 2nd collem...

And would would HAVE to be propper syntax becuals 1*2 = 2... you COULDNT put my2darray[2] cuz that would loof for the standard array.. wich there is none. (or look for collum 2 in the 1st row?)

Well anyway. I hope thats an adiquit description of 2d arrays...

weapon indexes

you know selectedweapon? Well Maybe we should be more weapon oriented. With an actual

players[index].weaponscount
and things of that nature
and a #w(index) message code... So you could remove weapons that ARE NOT the selected one..

#K()

If you know what I am talking about. #K(index)

Gives you the symbol for the ASCII index you input. Currently you cant put variables in it. Which upsets me greatly. So I want variables inside that cuz it would enabled a load of stuff to be done...

keydown()

Should have support for EVERY button on the keyboard

-50/50 move on NPC server should be fixed =\
Currently it crashes the NPC server.

Ill think of more later.. Tell my what you think if you understand me....

-Falados

Falcor
06-12-2001, 08:23 AM
Lemme guess, NO ONE has a CLUE what im talking bout.

KJS
06-12-2001, 08:35 AM
I think you have about 10 different things in there...
and like when you vote what if some people like some of your ideas and not like others...

well it is to long (I didn't want to read through it all)...

but from what I did read it sounds ok...

Tyhm
06-12-2001, 10:08 AM
Nothing that can't already be done with NPCs

Falcor
06-12-2001, 09:28 PM
But why make life harder?

Kaimetsu
06-12-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Nothing that can't already be done with NPCs

*slaps Tyhm*

You can't use keystrokes from just any key.

Tyhm
06-13-2001, 05:50 AM
Galen said ya can

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Galen said ya can

I think he was mistaken. I've certainly never managed it or seen it done. If it is possible then nobody (probably even Stefan) knows how.

Psyker
06-14-2001, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Falcor
(Like Damasca, where did that go? I loved that server!)
I heard they were mad at stefan or something, so they just decided to take it down.

I also heard they were going to make Damasca a game of it's own.

Admins
06-15-2001, 12:53 AM
The owner told me to take it down.