PDA

View Full Version : Bosses?

RyanV05
05-20-2003, 04:29 AM
Okay, so do the bosses always appear in the same area? Can I trigger boss spawning by talking to NPCs?

graaliholic
05-20-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by RyanV05
Okay, so do the bosses always appear in the same area? Can I trigger boss spawning by talking to NPCs?

No, they start in random places, and yes, you can, but you have to talk to the right one

Satrek2000
05-20-2003, 08:48 AM
Didn't know you can trigger them - what if a party's hunting a lord and someone talks to the NPC - the lord vanishes and everything's been pointless? I think they walk arround along certain paths (random though) and the NPC tells you where they are...

graaliholic
05-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Didn't know you can trigger them - what if a party's hunting a lord and someone talks to the NPC - the lord vanishes and everything's been pointless? I think they walk arround along certain paths (random though) and the NPC tells you where they are...

I'm not sure if you have to talk to the NPC to respawn it after it's died, but I have noticed there aren't any bosses around when I go hunting and haven't talked to the NPCs yet

Satrek2000
05-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Hm... from my experience I doubt it, I've seen too many lords and never spoke to an NPC other the evilbomy and rabbit one - once each - and saw them at times with 10 people on, so I doubt that at these times there are many talking to the NPCs... just my opinion...

graaliholic
05-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Hm... from my experience I doubt it, I've seen too many lords and never spoke to an NPC other the evilbomy and rabbit one - once each - and saw them at times with 10 people on, so I doubt that at these times there are many talking to the NPCs... just my opinion...

Well if you want to know for sure, just ask Tyhm. Although those bosses were probably already spawned from earlier that day.

Tyhm
05-26-2003, 02:37 PM
I am amused that such a simple NPC can cause such wonderment...

It was designed such that when defeated, it flees back to the world map. When development was changed to the bosses dying and dropping hearts, etc instead of escaping, they were set to respawn immediately on death at a random waypoint on main.gmap. So whether you speak to the guide or not, the bosses are there - they're just quick and relatively stealthy for as big as they are. We used to hunt them on the debug server during development - no small task, as they were not yet following the route correctly, so we'd have to track a fast-moving evil bomy lord hiding Somewhere...

graaliholic
05-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
they were set to respawn immediately on death at a random waypoint on main.gmap.

This explains why i was attacked by the glok lord 3 times in a minute the other day. :o

zell12
05-26-2003, 07:16 PM
There are two routes going around the island. And both of them go opposite ways. This is how it looks to me.

Locke_boy
05-26-2003, 10:32 PM
I am amused that such a simple NPC can cause such wonderment...

It was designed such that when defeated, it flees back to the world map. When development was changed to the bosses dying and dropping hearts, etc instead of escaping, they were set to respawn immediately on death at a random waypoint on main.gmap. So whether you speak to the guide or not, the bosses are there - they're just quick and relatively stealthy for as big as they are. We used to hunt them on the debug server during development - no small task, as they were not yet following the route correctly, so we'd have to track a fast-moving evil bomy lord hiding Somewhere...

I figured that out a long time ago X_+

However, the only thing is this -- when the bosses go into the underground dungeon, I have never seen the boss in any place other than the Dustari or Samurai stairs .. and the NPC has said "He's headed northwest" .. but .. I searched all over that place and never found it. No one else did either, because he remained there until the NPC server was restarted days later.

Tyhm
05-27-2003, 02:49 AM
It's one, it just doubles back a few times.

There are only the 2 entrances to the Underground. They go along a northwest path from the west entrance to end at the northeast down-stairs, or southwest to the southwest down-stairs, or south from east to the southeast down-stairs by the usual RexHunting Grounds.

Locke_boy
05-27-2003, 04:45 AM
It's one, it just doubles back a few times.

There are only the 2 entrances to the Underground. They go along a northwest path from the west entrance to end at the northeast down-stairs, or southwest to the southwest down-stairs, or south from east to the southeast down-stairs by the usual RexHunting Grounds.

I'll try to remember that o.o;

Locke_boy
05-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Eh, no, something's wrong ..

.. I spoke with the NPC for the glok lord, and he told me that he is in the southwest part of the underground dungeon. I went there (to the Dustari stairs) and no glok lord. Did I miss something? I know he isn't walking there or anything, because this is the second time today I've done this (same spot as before as well).

Tyhm
05-27-2003, 12:17 PM
They also die fairly frequently. In the time it takes you to get there, it can be killed. The only way to really test it is to have an ally PM you from the guide NPC

syltburk
06-02-2003, 05:16 PM
myself, i never talk to the npc faster to find them without just searching hearing sounds

GoZelda
06-02-2003, 08:42 PM
Um... About what Locke said, the same hapenned to me, but later on i returned to check on it, and it still was the same place. Also with north-west and north-east.

Also:
the traps can be quite annoying when you're on the way to your kingdom x.x

MarkB
06-15-2003, 10:40 AM
the bosses have a set route yes...maybe stefan should make there movement random?

Tyhm
06-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Wouldn't work

zell12
06-16-2003, 02:09 AM
I have plotted the path of the monsters on my map, and I believe its right. Im not sure. They follow this path around the gmap, when they are killed, they spawn random on the path.

Tyhm
06-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Correct

wonderboysp2p
06-29-2003, 09:37 AM
would ya be a dear and show us the path?

Tyhm
06-29-2003, 12:20 PM
No, that would be cheating. But there's an 80% chance one ends up in any given haunted house.

Satrek2000
06-29-2003, 02:12 PM
For such a percentage, I think I've seen too many lords in the dungeons... not that I'd complain though ;)

TripleE
07-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Hehe I followed a glok Lord,and Evil Bomy Lord so I have their paths recorded. I just wish they wouldnt be able to swim in water. they like jump in a lake then they are on another part of the map or something.

screen_name
07-14-2003, 11:01 AM
I was chasing a glok lord and someone killed it and one respawned in the same spot. >< Almost killed me

ApeHex
07-14-2003, 11:29 AM
lords always seem to come up by the ogma and bile altars and go past the bomboria duel arena a lot
so you can camp out there and just wait for them
i got 16 lord kills in 1 day in a party with some friends
good way to level up besides maps
;D