PDA

View Full Version : note.

Locke_boy
05-07-2003, 02:13 PM
I was restored the other day -- yay. Thank you Stefan.

Over the period of a few hours this night past I worked on graphics for the toadstool helmet, only to find when done that Tyhm had made them already.

Yeah.

So I'm probably not going to be around here much anymore, I'm getting really sick of being a failure.

I've wanted so much to have some power in a kingdom, so I could help make it great, but nothing's happened. I've gotten the rights to move houses. That .. really isn't much.

I've wanted to become powerful. Well, I did, but yet I can still be easily slaughtered by a lot of players.

I've wanted to make graphics for this server, so I could leave a mark, so someone could walk by, and I could say "I made that hat" .. but no .. I've failed at every attempt there too.

I've made so many suggestions, suggestions that I put a lot of thought into, and they've all been ignored, save for one, one. Yes, I suggested that there should be pentagram carpets .. so there were. .. big deal ..

I'm just sick of failure. I've played on this server for nearly 1100 hours of my life, and it's getting me nowhere fast.

I think I should just throw everything I own into a cauldron, and alchemize away ..

.. but no, I messed up there too, because my cauldron that I thought I'd hidden well was stolen, and I'd even left a note with it, saying it was mine ...

.. so I can't, perhaps ..

I just don't know what to do anymore.

.. and keep your rude comments to yourself. I don't need to hear your bull****.

so uh .. bye for now.

FireFly20
05-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Well u got alot of your chest i hope you feel better. If it also makes ufeel bettyer i kindof see where u are coming from. Also i love those pentagram carpets my housse is lined with them,

Zalinto Zelin Khan

ZanderX
05-07-2003, 06:19 PM
By giving up, all you're doing is reaffirming your belief that you can never succeed.

--Chris--
05-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Guy I offered you Archmage in Forest (highest mage rank) which has AGDH rights. Also errm...because people out-do you doesn't mean you suck..seriously here, look at your competition (Tyhm - one of Graal's best.) Don't give up, keep going at it otherwise you would never succeed.

TeRRi2k
05-07-2003, 07:05 PM
;x
what do they say..winners never quit..or quitters never win?!
if u fail..get back up i guess and try again *shrugs* can't stay down there forever..

busyrobot
05-07-2003, 10:05 PM
Come on Locke,

you're well respected in Dustari.

I hope you cheer up.

btw, I could really use some help with graphics or a GK project that needs a lot of work (most staff are busy with other tasks), talk to me about it, show me some examples of your graphics.

You can borrow my cauldren anytime, but I hope you reconsider that idea.

zell12
05-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Locke, you knew the coincenquences of switching gods, and since stefan declined to restore you because of that reason, you restarted, and got him to restore you to a while before you switched gods. You should never of been restored to begin with, so be lucky that Stefan is a nice person.

Now just because Tyhm makes a mushroom your going to just quit it all? I don't like you very much, I used to, but not no more, however I still think you are over reacting on the issue and this is no reason to leave.

GoZelda
05-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Don't quit!
Don't do it!
Really, i'm sure i can get you a cauldron or such...
You're just restored, so why quit? Comeone i also had some bad stuff happen to me but i didn't quit.
If you do your sorta a weakling, sorry to say.
Just don't do it...
If you're so easy taken out, well...
That things happen...
Just go on, show you're a strong and powerful person!
And with the mushroom hat, well, make something else. A new helmet, a new monster or something. A new wand maybe, a new weapon, whatever...

mhermher
05-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Guy, don't jipp off...
It happend to me.. seen it, done it, know it.

First time i met Stefan was on Graal2001, like, 2-3 years ago, when it just came out.. i stared to help him.. we got into better contacts and stuff, i helped him more, did that and that, we got to be closer friends, i made GFX, ganis, gave ideas.. it took me 3 years, i gave loads of ideas for GK, i made GFX.. and finally, they hired me.. if you're out for power, do as everyone else.. work for it, and earn it.

It took hell alot of time to get noiticed, i recall myself as a Graal "Oldbie" I've played since ZO, and now i got my reward..

I don't really know you or so, but i didn't knew myself either that well in that time.. but i still made it, so why shouldn't you?

So what if Tyhm made the hat?
Ask another staff what they are working on, and make it before them :P

Or get to know Stefan, earn his trust, and show him work.. and he will reward you.

Hang on buddy..

Edit:
If you quit, you don't deserve the fame and respect.
The winners, allways turn into losers, if they don't hang on..
The losers turn into winners, when they keep loosing, but finally they will win.

Locke_boy
05-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Now just because Tyhm makes a mushroom your going to just quit it all? I don't like you very much, I used to, but not no more, however I still think you are over reacting on the issue and this is no reason to leave.

Well, it's not just that. That just sort of set me off, I guess. Although you're right, I did over react.

Locke_boy
05-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by mhermher
The winners, allways turn into losers, if they don't hang on..
The losers turn into winners, when they keep loosing, but finally they will win.

I like that .. it's true ..

.. thanks everyone. You're right. I was just really depressed and had to get it off my chest. I slept it off, and I'm feeling better now.

Thanks a lot. I was expecting a lot of "shut up" and "we don't care" sort of things .. but it's nice to see that people actually care, even if it's not "real life" .. heh, though it is.

I'll stick around .. :rolleyes:

graaliholic
05-08-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Locke_boy

I like that .. it's true ..

.. thanks everyone. You're right. I was just really depressed and had to get it off my chest. I slept it off, and I'm feeling better now.

Thanks a lot. I was expecting a lot of "shut up" and "we don't care" sort of things .. but it's nice to see that people actually care, even if it's not "real life" .. heh, though it is.

I'll stick around .. :rolleyes:

Always you make sure you consult with Mr.Justin before you do something or are angry, he helps you make the best choice and will listen to whatever you have to say to make you feel better :D

Satrek2000
05-08-2003, 02:24 AM
I'm glad you're going to stay :D

For the GFX part, I'd like to see sheeps in GK sometime in the future, maybe you can breed and sell them, and they give milk and cloth... anyway, why not make a sheep while you got nothing else to do? A white and a black one, and cute please ;) :D

Androk
05-08-2003, 03:02 AM
I hate it when people post:

[1st Post] I quit.
[10 Posts Down] Oh Thanks, I'll stay!

It really makes you think if this was a "pay attention to me" post...

What I mean is, once you have your mind set on something, people shouldn't be able to kick you from it, otherwise you don't have an oppinion,and you have to keep thinking about it.

Locke_boy
05-08-2003, 03:04 AM
I wasn't saying I was quitting.

I wasn't looking for attention.

I was upset, and just wanted to feel better, subconsciously.

Tim26
05-08-2003, 03:19 AM
THANK YOU for not quitting you helped many including myself =D