PDA

View Full Version : A newbie's guide to rolling stats and class choice

Locke_boy
05-05-2003, 11:59 AM
EEP! MUCH IMPORTANCE!: Make sure you say "/restart" (then say "/restart ####", it tells you what number to type) when you first join Graal Kingdoms, or you will not have a class or MANY of the basic skills, including melee weapons! Just a note!

To find out what stats you are rolling:

While rolling, say "/statistics". Your stats will appear in the RPG window. Now, these are base stats. Remember that they haven't yet been changed by your class choice.

Now change them as appropriate. Here are how the classes affect stats. STR is strength, DEX is dexterity, CON is constitution, INT is intelligence, WIS is wisdom, POW is power, and CHA is charme. I will also put down the starting skills for each class below the stats (please correct me if I missed any). Remember you will start with a random skill scroll OR writing pen. If the class doesn't start with a particular basic skill, I will mention that as well. If the class starts with anything else, I'll mention that too! Where the item is listed as "random", it means it can be any item of that type. Examples: sack, sack of Holding; sorcerer's hat, sorcerer's hat of Lythander; etc. On a last note, I will also put some recommended skills to look for (from the random skill scroll) .. for Priests a recommended amulet, and for Priests, Alchemists, and Wizards, recommended spellbooks. Oh, and remember: woodsman is found in the scroll of wood lore, praying in the scroll of piety, and wizardry in the scroll of legerdemain.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR BARBARIANS: You will NOT start with use tools or any of the other basic skills like fishing and mining. To fix this, reconnect to get a scroll of each. If you fail any, reconnect again to get a new scroll. Keep trying until you learn all of them.
NOTE FOR ALCHEMISTS: You will start out with the spell "Alchemy", which you can use to turn objects into gold, and also use to make things with your cauldron. However, you will not be able to actually use the spell until you reach level three in magic (4000 experience points).
FINAL NOTE FOR ALL CLASSES: DO NOT attempt to drop any items you start out with, except for sacks and cauldrons. Anything else will be LOST if you drop it. The lost items can NOT be recovered, so do NOT make this foolish mistake! And yes, this includes using safe trade (although I do not believe you will actually lose the item if you try to use safe trade - it just won't go through).

Barbarian
Stats:
STR +3
DEX +2
CON +3
INT -6
WIS -1
POW -1
CHA -2
Skills:
Woodsman
Mountaineering
NO Literacy
Items:
Random sack
Random skill scroll
Guide to Close Combat
Recommended starting skill:
Praying
Literacy

Warrior
Stats:
STR +2
DEX +1
CON +1
INT -2
WIS -1
POW -1
CHA +0
Skills:
None
Items:
Random skill scroll
Guide to Close Combat
Praying
Fletching
Woodsman

Thief
Stats:
STR +0
DEX +3
CON -2
INT +1
WIS -1
POW -1
CHA -3
Skills:
Stealing
Items:
Random sack
Random skill scroll
Praying
Wizardry
Fletching
Woodsman

Priest
Stats:
STR -2
DEX -2
CON -1
INT +0
WIS +3
POW +2
CHA +2
Skills:
Praying
Sense curse
NO Missile weapons
Items:
Wand
Guide to Faith
Random amulet
Two random prayerbooks
Wizardry
Woodsman
Missile weapons
Recommended starting amulet:
Amulet of sustenance
Amulet of reflect spells
Amulet of reflect missiles
Recommended starting prayers:
Minor healing
Cause light wounds (holy word if you want to worship Brigid or DianCecht)

Alchemist
Stats:
STR -3
DEX +0
CON -1
INT +3
WIS +0
POW +1
CHA +0
Skills:
Alchemy
Thaumaturgy
NO Missile weapons
Items:
Cauldron
Guide to Alchemy
Two random spellbooks
Alchemist's talisman (Attuned: Detonation, Transmutation)
Praying
Woodsman
Missile weapons
Recommended starting spells:
Magic bullet
Small lightning

Sorcerer
Stats:
STR -3
DEX +2
CON -3
INT +3
WIS -2
POW +3
CHA +0
Skills:
Wizardry
Thaumaturgy
Sense magic
NO Melee weapons
NO Missile weapons
Items:
Wand
Guide to Wizardry
Random skill scroll
Random sorcerer's hat
Three random spellbooks
Praying
Woodsman
Melee weapons
Missile weapons
Recommended starting spells:
Icestorm
Magic bullet
Small lightning

FINAL AND EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE: Have fun playing Graal Kingdoms! :grin:

GoZelda
06-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Nice. Good job ^^ maybe make some suggestions on what you should roll

Locke_boy
06-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
Nice. Good job ^^ maybe make some suggestions on what you should roll

When it comes to actually rolling, just try and get the highest you can get .. :p

GoZelda
06-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Maybe, but if you have 11 int. as a mage that isn't good :\ but yes, mm it's difficult

MarkB
06-15-2003, 11:45 AM
nice little guide locke....btw where did you go? x.x

TripleE
06-21-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by MarkB
I think he got bored and restarted his aco**** alot,or restarted alot on a new account.

I like your signature Anu.

protagonist
06-21-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by TripleE

I think he got bored and restarted his aco**** alot,or restarted alot on a new account.

I like your signature Anu.

LoL you have a filthy mouth ;).

Common sense will tell you if your stats are higher enough. The barbarian doesn't need to be smart inherently, he needs to beat stuff up. Just like the mage doesn't need to lift a 2x4, he can blow it up.

graaliholic
06-22-2003, 02:05 AM

Erm his account ran out :o so I've heard, anyway

Tim26
07-14-2003, 02:56 AM

Locke quit but he plays on another account which i wont distribute

konidias
08-03-2003, 12:42 AM
When rolling, aim for the highest CHA (charm/charisma) possible. If you take a close look, all the stats above CHA are always equal or higher than that CHA. Meaning the higher you get the charm on the stat roll, the higher all the stats above it will be overall.

MKSLAYER
08-13-2003, 05:19 PM
kai when i come back next summer *hopefully on a restarted kingdoms* im gonna do that ^-^

Ziro_Vitrudestec
08-18-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by MKSLAYER
kai when i come back next summer *hopefully on a restarted kingdoms* im gonna do that ^-^

Kai? Kaimetsu didn't post here... Or did you mean that like..."kay"?

On a side note....that drawing of a person in your sig looks like some 29 year old guy I know who is from the country of El Salvador and doesn't like me very much. It's scary.

MarkB
08-18-2003, 11:25 AM
i woulda said "kon" lel

GoZelda
08-18-2003, 12:37 PM
Oh erm on a sidenote: maybe you rather start with Icestorm than with lightning...

Judge_S
08-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
Oh erm on a sidenote: maybe you rather start with Icestorm than with lightning...

I take it you are referring to Priests, because it's suggested for sorcerers already.

GoZelda
08-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Alchemists =\

Ziro_Vitrudestec
08-19-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec

On a side note....that drawing of a person in your sig looks like some 29 year old guy I know who is from the country of El Salvador and doesn't like me very much. It's scary.

BTW, MKSLAYER, I was hoping for some kind of response to that like.. "No, I'm not from El Salvador so it can't be me." or "Yes, I am from El Salvador...do I know you?"....Anything?