PDA

View Full Version : Slay...

Satrek2000
04-25-2003, 09:54 AM
Uhm... actually, I thought I had posted this yesterday already, but I can't find the threat today, so... if anyone found it and took it hope, please tell me so I can come and feed it.
Anyway, I was wondering about the god's slay-atributes. I know Ogma has (slay faery, dwarf) and gives (poison). Govannon has (attackmagic) and slays giants and something I forgot. Leucetious gives (electricity). Could anyone tell me what the rest does/gives? I'm not in the position to check it out myself, neither to ask someone who can, so I hope it's okay that I post it here... And please don't tell me about Brigid, I know she gives (slay thin air) and (throw fluffy balls) :p

Also, I've seen the holy word of Ogma do - nothing... how can one use them, and what different words do the gods have? (For I think they differ, as unixmad called Aengus word effective...)

DragonX
04-25-2003, 03:55 PM
Seriously, we are in the God forum, why not check the God's name to see their attacktypes?! I deleted your thread because the information is in another thread on this forum! Also holy word isnt scripted yet, right now it is just a shadow that does like 1 damage. So please, go read the gods names and delete this thread, thanks. (If its not deleted when I get back from school I will delete it)

Locke_boy
04-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Brigid is (slay undead, unnatural).

.. and no, DragonX, don't delete this, because you're wrong, Holy Word DOES work. Govannon's Holy Word hits giants and goblins, because they are enemies of him. He has (slay giants, goblins). Brigid, although weaponless, slays undead as I mentioned above, and that is why when I cast Holy Word on skeletons they crumble to tiny little pieces.

If you cast Holy Word over a creature that is not an enemy of your god, it won't hurt them (except in some cases it may, I am uncertain as I have not used every god).

.. and don't anyone insult Brigid's power. She is much more powerful than you'd believe, and now that gods will finally be granting prayers and relics, you will once again regret having ever insulted her ..

Satrek2000
04-25-2003, 05:04 PM
DragonX: I read each god's forum, and I can't really say that I read something about the slay-atributes, say, DianCecht gets. It says what he's attuned to, and in general the information allows me to guess what the gods give their weapons by means of attacktype - but I don't see giants and goblins being mentioned for Govannon or faery and dwarf for Ogma - or Brigids attributes (thanks Locke). Also, I didn't know that Holy Word only hits those fitting the slay - so we can skip that part - but I'm still interested in their atributes.

zell12
05-06-2003, 06:38 AM
DragonX, don't try to be smart saying that. Holyword is scripted like they said. Each god has it's own cult monsters. So if your enemy has giants and goblins, and you got the sword that slays them, you do more damage to them with your sword, and also with holyword, holy orb, and some wrath -- holy wrath thing or something.