PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for RC... stefan read

Merlin2
06-10-2001, 11:54 AM
Stefan,
We should be able to ban accounts with level 4 RCs. Why? Well think about it, cheaters will be scared to cheat. But on Sidra... if you didn't notice... Not many cheaters cheat on Sidra because they're all IP Banned! lol.

We should also be able to delete the weapons database... Or even better, be able to click a button on RC and put in scripts of NPCs... that would be awsome. So like I could make a NPC with this:
if (playertouchsme){
toweapons DarkLink Rulez lozl;
}
and that's all the NPC would be... It would be script in the NPC Database. And say I wanted to have all the illegal NPCs deleted... I could just put if (weaponfired){ destroy; } and be done with it!

Playerworlds should also be able to make guilds through the guild-creator on Graal site.... Because then we wouldn't have to make FTP the TXT Files! It's easier anyway. We can have guildadmins w/o giving them FTP!

And another idea is that we should be able to have FTP access for LATs! Like give them a special program like RC, and they can enter their accountname and password and if they're authorized they can log onto it and ONLY upload .graal files and only delete levels they upload.

Err, It would be nice to be able to reset accounts like whenever we need too.. (level 4 RC). Would be helpful ;). Also a "reset account" button under edit attributes.

For the level generator... It should be like MSPaint. Expect only the colors avaliable... Like if I wanted to make a CASTLE i could select "castle tiles" and draw a castle up. It would be easier but hey I'm ok with editing it with MSPaint ;)

Thank's for reading stefan,
DarkLink

Munkey
06-11-2001, 02:21 AM
We should be able to ban accounts with level 4 RCs. Why? Well think about it, cheaters will be scared to cheat. But on Sidra... if you didn't notice... Not many cheaters cheat on Sidra because they're all IP Banned! lol.

That's a good idea but only banned from that playerworld.

We should also be able to delete the weapons database... Or even better, be able to click a button on RC and put in scripts of NPCs... that would be awsome. And say I wanted to have all the illegal NPCs deleted... I could just put if (weaponfired){ destroy; } and be done with it!

Maybe.

Playerworlds should also be able to make guilds through the guild-creator on Graal site.... Because then we wouldn't have to make FTP the TXT Files! It's easier anyway. We can have guildadmins w/o giving them FTP!

How about making a seperate ftp password and account that goes to the pw's guilds folder.

Err, It would be nice to be able to reset accounts like whenever we need too.. (level 4 RC). Would be helpful . Also a "reset account" button under edit attributes.

Yea, i like that idea, again, only for that pw.

galen
06-11-2001, 03:09 AM
Ugh, so many problems are introduced with this. An account ban is global. So if you were able to ban accounts you could ban all the accounts on the server then no one could play or do anyhting.
We should also be able to delete the weapons database... Or even better, be able to click a button on RC and put in scripts of NPCs... that would be awsome. So like I could make a NPC with this: if (playertouchsme){toweapons DarkLink Rulez lozl;} and that's all the NPC would be... It would be script in the NPC Database. And say I wanted to have all the illegal NPCs deleted... I could just put if (weaponfired){ destroy; } and be done with it!
Someday there will be a PlayerWorld Control Panel where you will be able to do that among other things.
Already a feature planed for the future.
And another idea is that we should be able to have FTP access for LATs! Like give them a special program like RC, and they can enter their accountname and password and if they're authorized they can log onto it and ONLY upload .graal files and only delete levels they upload.
Would be such a pain to design and maintain and really doubt this would happen.
Err, It would be nice to be able to reset accounts like whenever we need too.. (level 4 RC). Would be helpful ;). Also a "reset account" button under edit attributes.
Something else the PWCP can do.

Munkey
06-11-2001, 03:12 AM
Galen, wouldn't a pw just get removed if the owner went ban crazy?

fugitive316
06-11-2001, 03:14 AM
How about giving level4 RC's the ability to reset the entire servers accounts?

The more power playerworlds owners are given the less they have to bug staff heh.

NightLord
06-11-2001, 04:17 AM
Some ideas there are pretty good, others aren't..

CrazedMerlin
06-11-2001, 05:14 AM
They should have a way to change the server FTP password, thats usualy a big problem

activeconvict
06-11-2001, 05:21 AM
FTP - The way I see it is, get a master account, most likely the owner(s). Let them make accounts to only work with certain folders, like customize their access levels. So a guild admin would be only able to edit the guilds folder. And not upload levels of any sort or anything else. If this could be done their would be a much better security. And the master account can create accounts, and change their passwords.

That's just a suggestion, could be pretty complicated... =/

CrazedMerlin
06-11-2001, 05:24 AM
Or maybe like 3 levels of access like RC with 1 master account that the owner has which would be like "level4" kinda thing

Merlin2
06-11-2001, 06:04 AM
Playerworld control panel would be great.... and the ban should only work for that playerworld, and I doubt the owners would abuse... I wouldn't but I'm sure the others wouldn't either...

I also REALLY like the thing for the playerworlds being able to make FTP accounts... That would be great...

Galen would it be possible to make a VB program upload to Graal FTP...?

Thanks,
DarkLink

http://www.thenextlevel.net/sidraonline/darklinksign.gif

manton
06-11-2001, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by fugitive316
How about giving level4 RC's the ability to reset the entire servers accounts?

Yes,that would be good. =)

XilosTinsu
06-11-2001, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by activeconvict
FTP - The way I see it is, get a master account, most likely the owner(s). Let them make accounts to only work with certain folders, like customize their access levels. So a guild admin would be only able to edit the guilds folder. And not upload levels of any sort or anything else. If this could be done their would be a much better security. And the master account can create accounts, and change their passwords.

That's just a suggestion, could be pretty complicated... =/
That's what I do when I host FTP, it's really pretty easy I think.

KJS
06-11-2001, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Merlin2
Galen would it be possible to make a VB program upload to Graal FTP...?

Thanks,
DarkLink

darklink it is possable to make ftp programs in any programming language (just as long as it has support for some type of internet packet sending)...

and no I will not make it for you (your probably going to im me on aol asking me anyways just to fair warn you I am not going to make it lol)...

Merlin2
06-11-2001, 09:01 AM
Haha funny KJL. I'm going toi have someone like Piehax0r to make me so you can log on... to a folder and like that (itll work for all servers)

Thanks,
DarkLink

grim_squeaker_x
06-11-2001, 07:30 PM
Hmm... bannedaccounts.txt file in FTP, is checked whenever a player logs on and if that player is on that list he'll get a message that he/she has been banned from that server?

Merlin2
06-11-2001, 09:55 PM
But it would be nice... but its hard to work to do that...

I hate IP banning... I'll try it when graal FTP comes back through.

fugitive316
06-12-2001, 10:28 AM
Uhh darklink, in your last post the title says "bannedaccounts.txt doesn't work" (not sure exactly since i didn't copy+paste).

It works fine for me. I have banned many hackers.

06-12-2001, 02:35 PM
Well, it is easy for Mithica to upload, edit, and delete guilds to the server because I have made a VB program that logs on for you and gets the specified guild. Things like that are easy to do in VB if you have the right class modules (files that allow you to do stuff - for the programming illiterate).

grim_squeaker_x
06-12-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by fugitive316
Uhh darklink, in your last post the title says "bannedaccounts.txt doesn't work" (not sure exactly since i didn't copy+paste).

It works fine for me. I have banned many hackers. What the heck? That actually works? It was more an idea I had then anything else :confused:

Merlin2
06-15-2001, 02:49 AM
it dont work for me.

bannedaccounts.txt

and put

their accountname in it?

DarkLink_Sidra? and disconnect them, right?