PDA

View Full Version : Question about RPing

NPToita2
04-11-2003, 11:05 PM
I am new to Graal2k2 and have played for about 2 weeks. Let's just say that i spent more time playing Graal than doing my home work or any other activities. You can call me an idiot or any other things you want. I want to know about RPing.
Here are the question.

1) What do I do to be considered RPing? Do my tasks assigned to my position when i joined a kingdom?

2) How much time do i have to put out a week for doing the tasks to be considered good RP.

3) Tell me and every one who is new about RPing in graal2k2.

--Chris--
04-11-2003, 11:12 PM
1) Once your tag is on you're considered IC (in character.) When you're in character you are role-playing as that character, if you want to say or do something OOC you use (( double brackets )) for speech or take off your tag for action (such as pking.)

2) That question is worded weird...since when does rping mean completing a task? Even if you had a task don't you think the time would differ depending on what it is? Being a good rper is just not "devoting time to a task" or so I interpreted your message =/ It's would be how well (creative, efficient, etc) you did it if you had one.

3) Join a kingdom and learn ^_^

NPToita2
04-11-2003, 11:25 PM
I have seen some people on tag speaking in old British tounge and using words suck as "Thy, thaught, Sir" when they ask something. I wonder if i have to use that sort of language if I was to join a kingdom. If that is a requirement I think i will never be in one.

GoZelda
04-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Watch out when joining a kingdom when you want to RP...

brock128
04-13-2003, 02:40 AM
RPing isn't a chore. It's a way you interact. Here's a few simple tips to keep in mind.

1. When you talk, act like you're that character.

2. Do NOT use shorthand, (example: "lol want 2 by ROFs PM offers") unless you're OOC. Even then, try not to.

3. Don't metagame (use knowledge you gained OOC to use IC)

4. Don't use future-ish terms. (Act like you would back then. You don't need to have Beowolfe style language, but try to at least act somewhat like you would back then...)

That's about it. Really, the best way to learn is trial-and-error.

Discharge
04-13-2003, 04:46 AM
It's not necessary to speak in old English just because for some odd reason everyone thinks that knights, lords and kings all come from England which is false. I for example took up a character somewhere around the invasion of Northern Spain by the Germanic Tribes, so I took up a Castilian Spanish
name. Basically, don't talk like you would in this time period but in the period of the middle ages.

Yea...Why the heavens does everyone have English names? Some people should be more creative and have German or French names oppose to some simple English name such as John Smith.

-Più creatività

FireFly20
04-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Rping just comes natural tome itis not something u learnit is somethingu pick up. I never learnedhow to rp from somone. I learned onmyown u just pick upon it after awhile. With in time u will learn how to RP. There is know one who is the best at RPing everyone has there ups and down at RPing,

Prince Zalinto Zelin Khan

brock128
04-16-2003, 11:41 PM
The best way to learn how to RP is to try to RP. Don't be afraid to walk into a non-elite RP game.