PDA

View Full Version : For the Sake of Roleplaying!

psyraiandi
03-27-2003, 07:51 PM
We've got nothing to roleplay. Every PM is:
"hEy u sux u o me sum platz"
"o i am leet hax0r plz"

Well, maybe not all that, but you get it. We've got to do something about this.

GoZelda
03-27-2003, 08:04 PM
Why this in Samurai forum?

psyraiandi
03-27-2003, 08:32 PM
It's my kingdom....

Kaiser2
03-28-2003, 12:45 AM
You know...this is just spam now...there are like...5 billion threads related to this.

feivel
03-28-2003, 09:39 AM
This is now largely untrue, since Rahz and I have returned, the standard
of roleplaying has increased tenfold

ReaperJ
03-29-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by feivel

indeed , however im still not satisfied x.x ((never am =P))

Kaiser2
03-29-2003, 05:45 PM
We need more Zormite members to RP, it's very annoying since most are never on tag, and most just want to powergame -_-

ReaperJ
03-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Well here is the main problem , to role play in Samurai in its current militant state, you either ..well most people only see a few options.

Walk around with a katana and dont say anything and kill random people like they see in japanese anime cartoons.

Join the military and stand in attention and dont say crap.

Be royalty and act up tight.

or soemthing of that nature.

Now the Easy RP kingdoms, such as Forest (anyone can act like an elf, and i mean no offence by that, its just fact) and dustari (anyone can act heroic ,wear shiny armor, and go slay dragons) and creascent pirates (Yar!...) well, they are just a little easier/not so boring =P however we are ..working on it still O_O

busyrobot
04-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Samurai has excellent RPing options, based on a nice blend of history and wishfull Hollywood movies.

You have ninjas, shou-lin monks, samurai, rich history of artistains and scribes, merchants, cool myths etc to draw from.

Have your monks required to shave their head and not wear helms/hats unless in combat, anyone who doesn't say 'that leik sux, no1 will do that' and still wants to be a monk will probably be intereted in it for the RPing.

Enforce a code of honor among your warriors (including the ones who get ticked off and go off-tag to kill the person they couldn't 2 seconds ago on tag, then pop back on like nothing happened.

Expect charity among your people, build a reputation that the Samurai are the noblest of peoples, instead of the rag-tag group of rough thugs they've become known as.

Build ranks for people who do not follow codes of honor to fit thoughs people, but set the limits (no scamming, no killing allies) of what will be tolorated.

It may be seen as 'counter' to create ranks for people whose RP conduct will likely see them removed, but in reality historical evidence shows certain fringes of society have been tolerated by those in power - up to a point, which if crossed (and caught) resulted in their excecution, imprisonment, or exile. In this light, I'd say there is some lee-way for those types of people, but not much.

In short: there are lots of RPing options for Samurai. :)

brock128
04-01-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by feivel
But it was originally at 0. 0 x 10 = 0.

Two samurai tried to scam me. That says enough.

You want specifics? Okay. I needed an INT buff to learn Create Food. Of course, I didn't know there weren't any INT buffs at the time, so instead of saying "Oh, there aren't any INT buffs. Want to borrow my ring?" They said "Drop the book to let me right-click it."

I knew this wouldn't do anything, but I desided to humor them. I told them to back off a bit, so that I could pick it up if they took any motion to my spell. Guess what? They ran to the spell. I snatched it up, and told them to stop scamming.

In case if you care, I failed the spell when I tried it later.

Kaiser2
04-01-2003, 02:42 AM
If they were smart, they could have just double clicked it to attempt to learn it...

brock128
04-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
If they were smart, they could have just double clicked it to attempt to learn it...
I think (think) I was far enough away... I assume you need to be close-ish.

Kaiser2
04-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Easy, since they're that fast, then they can just stand at like 5-6 tile blocks away and it'll still work.

feivel
04-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Yes this does seem to be a problem, which is why we need to closer regulate samurai and purge the kingdom LOL. Anyways I know it is difficult to roleplay as a Samurai, or atleast for people who dont know alot about Samurai and Fuedal Japan, it is hard. Thank you for reminding me about monk's being bald, I will make that rule. (I already knew buddhist monk's were bald, i just didnt think of making it a requirement. (My old character had no hair anyways, just cus he was old, and shaved his head lol -This was when I was Shogun-) There are members who I can trust, and I am hoping that they will rub off on other people. Also higher ranked members such as Imperial Guards can opress lower ranking members if they feel they are acting out of line HEHEH

DenoriZakarum
04-03-2003, 12:29 AM
I RP most of the time, i walk around with a naginata killing people at random when i feel like it and if someone strong comes along i run to live to fight another day. im pretty sure that counts as warrior rping O.o

Kaiser2
04-03-2003, 04:34 AM
No, that counts as being an RPer and a coward :]

busyrobot
04-03-2003, 09:44 PM
DenoriZakarum wrote:

I RP most of the time, i walk around with a naginata killing people at random when i feel like it and if someone strong comes along i run to live to fight another day. im pretty sure that counts as warrior rping O.o

Now only if we could RP ganging up on you and slitting your rouge throat, and follow it with you RPing dead for the rest of your account's activity, instead of saying 'oh krap, I lost 40 plat lol'

:rolleyes:

Please, everyone, unless you are willing to RP dying don't RP kill-everyone characters or scammers or characters who would be put to death in a decent RP environment. It's as cheap as declaring yourself some sort of 'naval hero' for getting a zeplin into a castle and destroying the ships in the shipyard.

You can only claim to continue the 'RPing' character because the game mechanics won't let you die, or be jailed, or anything else. :grrr:

It gets old and it is not original, not interesting, and yes, I am in a crabby mood.

Kaiser2
04-03-2003, 09:55 PM
hm...
Zepplins....
Create Bomb....
Zepplins...
Create Bomb...
omi, suicide bombing warriors >:]