PDA

View Full Version : I don't think this should be allowed

SingleChance
03-22-2003, 03:06 AM
umm i heard UN just came out with this thing that lets people on trial accounts save their character...like their hearts and items and stuff....
Is this even allowed coz i thought trial accounts were just to test to see if people want to upgrade now this thing is letting ppl play for free and save their character.....
i dunno i don't think this should be allowed =\

StoneCold316
03-22-2003, 04:21 AM
I asked Manta about that and told him EXACTLY what you have just said and he's like "It doesn't discourage p2p buying"
Even though it can't save kills..deaths etc. But still....they still can save hearts and stuff and it's supposed to be reset everytime you log in....I say it's not really helping the p2p situation either.
heh.

Deek2
03-22-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by StoneCold316
I asked Manta about that and told him EXACTLY what you have just said and he's like "It doesn't discourage p2p buying"
Even though it can't save kills..deaths etc. But still....they still can save hearts and stuff and it's supposed to be reset everytime you log in....I say it's not really helping the p2p situation either.
heh.
That would be almost an advantage, since most of them spar/PK. Why keep a record of your kills when you can just practice and fight for fun?

StoneCold316
03-22-2003, 04:29 AM
That's not really the point i'm getting at.
The point is it's not fair to unix/stefan...if ****ies can just go on there and not have to pay for an account to save then Unix/Stefan are losing money since UN is the dominating playerworld.

Tseng
03-22-2003, 04:35 AM
Going against a major thing such as the whole POINT of trial/classic upgraded accounts is BAD.

Whoever made/approved this should be fired at least, and banned at worst.

SingleChance
03-22-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Tseng
Going against a major thing such as the whole POINT of trial/classic upgraded accounts is BAD.

the manager made it, i think =o

Tseng
03-22-2003, 04:40 AM
All the more reason to fire/ban this person.

Who the heck is the manager there anyway?

StoneCold316
Fire the manager haha
why would newb with oo in the middle be in the word filter ;x
Not trying to evade it...just wondering why....I think it's a stupid thing to have in the filter haha
And manta is the manager
account Bane

someweirdperson
Sucks for him :O

JrTerrorist
03-22-2003, 05:09 AM

I chose banned at least, IP banned at worst.

Ban all of the people involved >=(

LOA--Paul
03-22-2003, 06:03 AM
or the server is shut down.

Neglegence2002
03-22-2003, 06:19 AM
Doomsday tryied doing this also. I warned Tifa, and it was tooken off the next day. Just hope something is done about this, becasue UN breaks alot of rules, and nothing ever happens to them, or just get a "slap on the hand".

PrinceDark
03-22-2003, 06:56 AM
Manta said Stefan approved of it.

LOA--Paul
03-22-2003, 07:56 AM
What???
That's not fair at all, because I paid for Graal for the unlimited Classic, and now they get the same features I do, for free? Oh hell no.

Lyndzey
03-22-2003, 08:03 AM
UN is just trying to get more players I guess.

The NPCs and stuff are really cool but I don't like a lot of the people. A kid named Kyle asked me to marry him so I did and then we got a kid named Bobby. As far as I know, I'm still married to Kyle <3

Deek2
03-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey

The NPCs and stuff are really cool but I don't like a lot of the people. A kid named Kyle asked me to marry him so I did and then we got a kid named Bobby. As far as I know, I'm still married to Kyle <3
Well they did a damn good job of it >=/.
Just a thought, but if UN can do this, then all of the other servers can do it too. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to script.

screen_name
03-22-2003, 08:07 AM

You also have a kid named Kyle if you think about it. ^.^

G_yoshi
03-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by PrinceDark

Somehow I doubt this. Money is rather important to them and something like this would hurt that incoming cashflow. Not only that, but who is Manta?

Deek2
03-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by G_yoshi

Somehow I doubt this. Money is rather important to them and something like this would hurt that incoming cashflow. Not only that, but who is Manta?
Manta is the owner of UN.

ETD
03-22-2003, 08:33 AM
how could they aprove it?
0.o
every server will have that NPC thingy

Milkdude99
03-22-2003, 05:08 PM
This just proves why all PWs must be constantly monitored at all times . For a PW to have a high player count for no apparent reason as UN does is always suspect of something being done illegal. People who are against Graal going P2P would all go there , why not? What they are doing eliminates the problem of upgrading, why should they? Everything but kills and deaths save. Notice too the ERA player count goes way up overnight and over UN at times , UN and ERA sharing ideas on this now? Kinda makes you think ERA may have made the same thing and put it on. I think Stefan and UNixmad need to personally look into both of these PWs for defrauding Graal. UN we know is ERA because it is suspect to be doing the same. :\ :( :grrr:

Stefan didn't aprove this because it defeats the purpose of the trial accounts nor will he or Unixmad.

StoneCold316
03-22-2003, 05:23 PM
If all of the playerworlds can do this then might as well make graal free again.

azuretek23
03-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
This just proves why all PWs must be constantly monitored at all times . For a PW to have a high player count for no apparent reason as UN does is always suspect of something being done illegal. People who are against Graal going P2P would all go there , why not? What they are doing eliminates the problem of upgrading, why should they? Everything but kills and deaths save. Notice too the ERA player count goes way up overnight and over UN at times , UN and ERA sharing ideas on this now? Kinda makes you think ERA may have made the same thing and put it on. I think Stefan and UNixmad need to personally look into both of these PWs for defrauding Graal. UN we know is ERA because it is suspect to be doing the same. :\ :( :grrr:

Stefan didn't aprove this because it defeats the purpose of the trial accounts nor will he or Unixmad.

Era believe it or not is a good PW lol, that is why its player count is high...

Tseng
03-22-2003, 06:06 PM

Yeah, and I'm sure Manta would like us to believe that people play UN because it's good. Or that people don't ever die. Or that graal should be free. Or any other similarly ridiculous stories.

Originally posted by Deek2

Well they did a damn good job of it >=/.
Just a thought, but if UN can do this, then all of the other servers can do it too. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to script.

No. They can't. No other servers can. Period.

No offense to Nemesis, but he really needs to hire his PW inspectors SOON so that playerworlds don't get away with crap like this.

Lyndzey
03-22-2003, 06:32 PM

No offense to Nemesis, but he really needs to hire his PW inspectors SOON so that playerworlds don't get away with crap like this.

It's not easy to hire a PW inspector. Not only does Nemesis need to look for people for the inspecting team, he also needs to manage PWs and especially Classic. I'm going to try and help him more now that I have my RC back until he can get the team back up and running.

I asked some guy on UN and he said Stefan approved it. When Stefan is busy, he tends to say "hmmmm" "argh" or ":-)". He might have done one of those and the person might have been like "ok thanks i'll have manta put it up"

LOA--Paul
03-22-2003, 07:08 PM
I DEMAND ITS REMOVED

ETD
03-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by azuretek23

Era believe it or not is a good PW lol, that is why its player count is high...

that's your opinion
=0
i mean, if you take out the new tileset, the levels aren't anything special
=x

and all people do there is shoot guns, and join gangs... if you like that, then i guess it's a good server for you... if you don't like that, then it isn't a good server for you.

I personally do not like that
=o

G_yoshi
03-22-2003, 07:56 PM

It's not easy to hire a PW inspector. Not only does Nemesis need to look for people for the inspecting team, he also needs to manage PWs and especially Classic. I'm going to try and help him more now that I have my RC back until he can get the team back up and running.

I asked some guy on UN and he said Stefan approved it. When Stefan is busy, he tends to say "hmmmm" "argh" or ":-)". He might have done one of those and the person might have been like "ok thanks i'll have manta put it up"

I've talked to Stefan before on DK's RC. He does do that at times when something of interest or concern is brought up. But anyway it certainly does not signify that he approves of it. In fact neither he or unixmad I think would approve of such a thing which I already stated why.

zell12
03-22-2003, 08:10 PM
I told Stefan and it was removed... There are like fifty threads on this hehe

Anyway, UN needs to start enforcing rules, they get away with everything because they get a high playercount.

G_yoshi
03-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by zell12

Anyway, UN needs to start enforcing rules, they get away with everything because they get a high playercount.

No, they get away with things because they are not being regularly checked up on and are not being held accountable. Playercount is rather irrelevant. Its just an excuse.

ETD
03-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by zell12

Manta (3/22/2003 1:29:23 PM):
Mass message:
Ok everybody DROP THE FIGHTING RIGHT NOW.

If I still see it, you WILL BE JAILED.

This is your final warning...

it's still up.... everyone is fighting in masses about it

Tseng
03-22-2003, 09:08 PM
I went on there to question Manta about it, and his words were "Stefan was on and didn't say anything about it, so i'm going to leave it there until he tells me otherwise"

Wow.

Ban.

This.

Please.

PrinceDark
03-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Era shouldn't even be mentioned with their stolen tiles, promotion of guns/violence, prostitution and other stuff.

Before UN had this they still got around 120 players. Now they just got a boost of 50 more. If the NPC is remove they'll still get a whole lot of players.

On a side note. During everyone's fighting on UN, I decided to mess with some staff. I got a bunch of people to pm one of the people on RC. I don't know how many, but I assumed it was a lot considering I was then banned from the server. lol
I only served a 2 minute ban also. Not sure why they unbanned me. I guess they don't want to lose players. haha.

Tseng
03-22-2003, 10:50 PM
Ehh, i went on earlier and asked which freaking ***** was in charge, and Mantra PMed me saying he was that freaking *****.

At least he's honest!

ETD
03-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Before UN had this they still got around 120 players. Now they just got a boost of 50 more. If the NPC is remove they'll still get a whole lot of players.

i'd say they're getting at least 80 more than normal since they added the NPC...

i mean, when they have 200, they would normally have 120

Tseng
03-22-2003, 11:16 PM
It's easy to attract players when you offer them something for nothing.

G_yoshi
03-22-2003, 11:59 PM
It's easy to attract players when you offer them something for nothing.

It may be free to them, but it has to come from somewhere. Which is why there really is no such thing as a free lunch. This applies to theft as well.

melissa1988
03-23-2003, 10:29 AM
This is crappy. :( The things people get away with these days...

Kinatt
03-24-2003, 05:43 AM
Enigma was shut down becasue they had that npc, so technically to be fair wouldn't UN be shutdown?

Deek2
03-24-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Kinatt
Enigma was shut down becasue they had that npc, so technically to be fair wouldn't UN be shutdown?
Stefan only took it down because he wanted to talk to WC about it :p sorry.

TifaKhan
03-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Neglegence2002
Doomsday tryied doing this also. I warned Tifa, and it was tooken off the next day. Just hope something is done about this, becasue UN breaks alot of rules, and nothing ever happens to them, or just get a "slap on the hand".

I didnt know about it until you told me, the way i was told was that it simply marked p2p accounts with a flag , as you said once you made me aware of it , it was removed.

But then again if UN is allowed to, why cant all servers?

melissa1988
03-24-2003, 06:11 PM
UN isn't allowed to do this from what I understand. If ALL Playerworlds did this, then Graal might as well become free again other than gold servers.

zell12
03-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Manta also told me and everyone there at one time -- before I started massing what I told stefan -- that stefan approved the npc and just wanted gralat saving taken off. He soon changed his mind and said he would leave it there until someone told him otherwise (Stefan, Nemesis, etc).
What a nub, I say he gets banned and fired for lying.