PDA

View Full Version : Since most can't comprehend this, it's time for another lesson on RP rules!

Kaiser2
03-19-2003, 03:19 AM
*Subject*

1) Always have a proper RP name. i.e. John Smith. DEMONGODXORS is not a proper RP name.

2) When you are on tag, you are in character, so what you do can have lasting effects between kingdoms, for exmaple, if you are on tag, and you kill another person from another kingdom who is ALSO on tag, then you can be punished by your own kingdom for doing this, and an act such as this might cause a war to start. (I'm so, so sick of being attacked by people when both of us are on tag.)

3) When a war occurs, you travel to the enemy island by boat, or by underground dungeon, you do NOT hitch a ride on a ferry.

4) When you die in a war, you don't run back and join the war, by dying in the war, you are, as hard as it may seem to most people, DEAD! This applies to both the defenders, and the aggresors(sp?).

If I missed anything, feel free to post.

(Yes, I know not every kingdom applies to these rules, some follow more rules, some less, I'm just stating what I remember, and the basics of the basics, I guess.)

--Chris--
03-19-2003, 04:55 AM
Why don't you change kingdoms? I've seen Zormite break those rules up to today =/

Kaiser2
03-19-2003, 05:10 AM
Vahn did, right? He's been edging towards trouble today...and I don't like it.

DragonX
03-19-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
Vahn did, right? He's been edging towards trouble today...and I don't like it.

He's very immature and I think he shouldn't be allowed in any kingdoms. Everyday he annoys me by saying "Have you popped any cherries lately". I might just leave my kingdom for a sec and kill him one of these days >_<

zell12
03-19-2003, 05:34 AM
I love killing him. He just shoots critical wounds at you if you get to far from him.

Kaiser2
03-19-2003, 05:47 AM
Vahn, if he was more mature, and honorable, would be a good person, but the way he is, it's just a nuisance to the kingdom and members of other kingdoms, though he does get good kingdom ideas from time to time.

Tseng
03-19-2003, 07:02 AM
Fun RPing fact sheet:

- If you're on tag, don't PK people PERIOD.

- If you're not on tag, and wanna PK, don't PK people that are on tag.

- Those two are the most violated rules.

- Why are they violated? Because kingdom leaders don't care.

- When I see the kingdom leaders not caring, I take action.

zell12
03-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Tseng, most of the time kingdom leaders are not properly notifiyed of such a thing happening. So it's not the leaders fault. But somtimes the leader can give out miss-information what can result in that person failing to properly understand the rules.

LordZen
03-20-2003, 12:56 AM
I care..I've repeatedly made it clear to my citizens that Zormites do NOT attack allies or neutral states...only have permission to attack those set as enemy. Also attacking people who ARE on tag is still just as bad, if you arent.

Oftentimes, however, both parties will claim the other is at fault (person who started the dispute), and so its hard to punish fairly. If a samurai attacks a zormite, and the zormite fights back and kills the samurai, I am not going to be mad at the zormite for killing a member of that neutral state, because he did it in self defence. That would hold up in American justice system as well, lol.

Kaiser2
03-20-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by LordZen
If a samurai attacks a zormite, and the zormite fights back and kills the samurai, I am not going to be mad at the zormite for killing a member of that neutral state, because he did it in self defence. That would hold up in American justice system as well, lol.

You have no idea how often that's happened to me...

GoZelda
03-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Some more things:

-When talking, don't go like
Lolzors i fecking own u! You suxorz!. If you really want to, do it within three braces ((( *text* )))
Without that, you talk RP like, medieval/middle ages. Example:
"Greetings, traveler. Where are thy from?". This is called IC, in character. The things within braces ((())) is called OOC, out of character. When off-tag, you're OOC, when in-tag, unless the tag says -OOC- or something, you're IC.

WARNING!
-OOC- in-tag is actually just freedom of speech, no violation of other rules.

-You know you don't always need to kill people in war? You can also do a RP battle. RP actions are within *Action* or, as some people do, ::Action::. Example:
Cyrin Cyrilin *Raises Sword and thrusts it down*
Wolf ::Swiftly jumps away and does a jump-attack at Cyrin, crying:: Aaaowwoooh
Cyrin Cyrilin *Jumps away, but gets hit on the arm* Aaah! My arm.
As you see, there also is text AFTER the action.

-You can also RP for fun, why always battle? You can also do a fake dungeon, etc. More RP events are needed on Graal Kingdoms!

Kaiser2
03-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Oh, we did something really awesome related to that on Zormite, through toguilds, Blade, myself, among others did this whole RP event where Blade was exploring the aqueducts under Zormite island. Along the way, he encountered all sorts of enemies and traps, and I helped him out a few times with information I've gathered in scrolls. I also sometimes helped him out by channelling a few spells through the ground to help him, etc. Ah...good times. I planned to make a thread about it, but forgot. When I'm on my comp again, I'll try to post it all.

GoZelda
03-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Heh, i remembered there was this reset on Valikorlia and you could only enter 1 town, and everyone was RPing and it looked real nice. But i think that there need to be less familiy's, i mean no 1-man family's anymore.

Kaiser2
03-24-2003, 11:55 PM
should be less families, but there should not be 1-man families anymore? you're contradicting yourself.

Tseng
03-25-2003, 01:44 AM
OOC messages can be in (( )) or ( ).

OOC in your nick while on tag is not acceptable.

On tag = RP.

You can't be on tag without being IC by default.

Putting OOC in your nick only makes you look inept.

Kaiser2
03-25-2003, 01:45 AM
I'm hyphen O O C hyphen...

draco5432
03-26-2003, 05:44 AM
The one kingdom that breaks every RP rule, is Samurai, their own shogun doesnt rp, so why would the members?

Kaiser2
03-26-2003, 07:12 AM
Because they should, and if their leader is crappy, remove him.

LOA--Paul
03-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Gah, seems like things have become worse since I left (They were in bad shape then, too- part of the reason I left.)
I remember when I typed up a list of RPing for Ship's Captains and Crews, it dealt with many aspects of sailing and warfare, and some situations that could occur. I can't find it though.
Main problem I had when I was Admiral of Zormite is getting people to roleplay with the ships. I'd have people join the Navy then leave it the next day for other divisions.

GoZelda
03-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Heh i remember when i joined, about the stuff when you were captured and there were people who would say "****" and then i hit them and run somewhere safe and unstick!

Tseng
03-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
Heh i remember when i joined, about the stuff when you were captured and there were people who would say "****" and then i hit them and run somewhere safe and unstick!

*rolls eyes* Yeah, unsticking is really conducive to RPing...

GoZelda
03-30-2003, 10:08 PM
When they killed me i go on my other account bwahaha!
Or when they almost killed me i disconnect yar!
Or i quickly go on peaceful :P

Kaiser2
04-06-2003, 08:13 AM
Unsticking is for losers x.x you need to grab a ship or walk to be a true RPer, walk if you're a real warrior :D

GoZelda
04-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Or hiker

Kaiser2
04-10-2003, 09:57 PM
technically you're not travelling upwards anything, thus it's not hiking, you're travelling in a cave, it's the only way to walk, duh.

GoZelda
04-11-2003, 05:39 PM
jogging!
by the way, where is the tunnel entrance in zormite? oh and i'm a priest ;)