03-18-2003, 06:00 AM
sorry everyone
i bugged stefan for two weeks to get a restore
I changed my password put up a firewall and everything

stefan finally restored me and today I got all my items
I was so so happy

I come on tonight and find everything gone again

I'm out guys

I don't understand why people are selfish..

=/

I feel like im going to pass out in real life right now

you dont even know..

this is a game yes..but I care. I really do.

so seriously..heh..i dont even know what to say.

none of you understand
I lost a years worth of work
everything ive ever worked for
they ****ing take
every****ing thing

they have no heart
seriously

laugh it up

I know ill get pricks in here who will

jesus christ

i cant stand it anymore

**** it

LordZen
03-18-2003, 06:20 AM
They will burn in hell someday Brad, dont worry..:(
Dont change your AIM name.

Kaimetsu
03-18-2003, 09:35 AM
I do not think that any credible god would send people to hell for stealing some items in an online game. Neither do I think that followers of Christianity should be celebrating their eternal damnation :rolleyes:

tlf288
03-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
Neither do I think that followers of Christianity should be celebrating their eternal damnation :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself :p .

Devil
03-18-2003, 01:03 PM
Eh, cya.

BeZeRkEr
03-18-2003, 01:29 PM
You got him to restore you in 2 weeks?
I've been waiting like 2 months

Devil
03-18-2003, 01:33 PM
I'm finding it very strange that alot of people are being hacked, having your stuff given out twice? that's bad.

Brad
03-18-2003, 01:45 PM
I do not think that any credible god would send people to hell for stealing some items in an online game. Neither do I think that followers of Christianity should be celebrating their eternal damnation :rolleyes:

Oh no. Poor me! **** off.

BeZeRkEr
03-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Devil
I'm finding it very strange that alot of people are being hacked, having your stuff given out twice? that's bad.

I wasn't hacked
Someone got an account admin to change my pass

Devil
03-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr

I wasn't hacked
Someone got an account admin to change my pass

I wasn't talking about you, and Brad, don't push it or you'll get banned, AGAIN.

Brad
03-18-2003, 02:07 PM

I wasn't talking about you, and Brad, don't push it or you'll get banned, AGAIN.

If I haven't been banned already I doubt I will for my *'d off swears.

Also:

I AM NOT QUITTING LOLOLOL. :)

I will stay and be a jackass.

Devil
03-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Brad

Also:

Definately ;)

funnylinkwantsbomys
03-18-2003, 10:32 PM

I wasn't talking about you, and Brad, don't push it or you'll get banned, AGAIN. your ignorance is annoying

Devil
03-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by funnylinkwantsbomys
your ignorance is annoying

Your intelligence doesn't surprise me.

funnylinkwantsbomys
03-18-2003, 11:06 PM

Your intelligence doesn't surprise me. i know it doesnt because your so ignorant

Devil
03-18-2003, 11:08 PM
i know it doesnt because your so ignorant

Why don't you go look that word up, or ask your primary school teacher.

funnylinkwantsbomys
03-18-2003, 11:15 PM

Why don't you go look that word up, or ask your primary school teacher. its called being STUPID you little BOY

JrTerrorist
03-19-2003, 12:22 PM

Also:

*Dr Zoidberg voice* Hooray!

Kaimetsu
03-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by tlf288
Speak for yourself :p .

...?

Why would I need to? I'm not a Christian, I'm not being hypocritical here. I'm merely faulting his approach to religion - something I'm perfectly entitled to do.

Oh no. Poor me! **** off.

Sorry for taking the spotlight off you for a moment, Brad, but I'm sure you can find somebody else to provide the attention you crave. Although I guess you don't have much choice anymore, do you?

mhermher
03-19-2003, 03:10 PM
its called being STUPID you little BOY
Auctially, ignorant and stupid is 100% different terms.
Stupid is when you are not capable of thinking right, some people take the word wrong and uses it against eachother.
Ignorant is when you're just annoying people.

Kaimetsu
03-19-2003, 03:11 PM
The term 'ignorant' actually means 'lacking knowledge'. The standard definition does not in any way relate to annoying people.

Devil
03-19-2003, 03:49 PM
The term 'ignorant' actually means 'lacking knowledge'. The standard definition does not in any way relate to annoying people.

I can't believe he tried to call me ignorant, he comes in like 4 threads and tried to flame me. Hah.

mhermher
03-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Wee.. script monkey corrected me. :lose:
;)

Questa
03-19-2003, 11:35 PM

What a loser.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-20-2003, 01:12 AM
The way I see it, if we're going to pray and have faith and there really is no God, then we haven't really lost anything in the end and we haven't exactly become a worse person for doing so. However, if there really is a God...

Kaimetsu
03-20-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
The way I see it, if we're going to pray and have faith and there really is no God, then we haven't really lost anything in the end and we haven't exactly become a worse person for doing so. However, if there really is a God...

You seem to be completely changing the subject? I did not argue that nobody should believe in a God, I just stated that his post seemed out of phase with the generic Christian mindset.

But, in answer to your statement: You're using an extremely simplified model of the universe. 'Either God exists or God doesn't exist!' No. God could exist or Hooloo could exist or the world could be a projection of the coolness of megaketchup. Almost any religion could be true, and y'know what most religions have in common? Two things:

1) You shalt not worship any other god. If Christianity is true and you're worshipping Allah then God ain't gonna be too happy about that. Same works in reverse, too.
2) Thy god is kind and merciful. I decide not to worship any theoretical deities because I am applying logic to the evidence that I have. From the evidence we have, it's clear that God is very unlikely to exist. No intelligent being that is concerned with the pursuit of truth and unwilling to deceive himself would be a theist. Will God punish me for being intelligent and logical? Doesn't sound so merciful to me.

melissa1988
03-20-2003, 10:38 AM
God could exist or Hooloo could exist or the world could be a projection of the coolness of megaketchup.

The coolness of megaketchup intrigues me. Where may I inquire upon said ketchup? Mmm...must make fries taste orgasmic

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-21-2003, 01:32 AM

You seem to be completely changing the subject? I did not argue that nobody should believe in a God, I just stated that his post seemed out of phase with the generic Christian mindset.

But, in answer to your statement: You're using an extremely simplified model of the universe. 'Either God exists or God doesn't exist!' No. God could exist or Hooloo could exist or the world could be a projection of the coolness of megaketchup. Almost any religion could be true, and y'know what most religions have in common? Two things:

1) You shalt not worship any other god. If Christianity is true and you're worshipping Allah then God ain't gonna be too happy about that. Same works in reverse, too.
2) Thy god is kind and merciful. I decide not to worship any theoretical deities because I am applying logic to the evidence that I have. From the evidence we have, it's clear that God is very unlikely to exist. No intelligent being that is concerned with the pursuit of truth and unwilling to deceive himself would be a theist. Will God punish me for being intelligent and logical? Doesn't sound so merciful to me.
I'm not a theologian so I won't argue that because, I must admit I cannot. But I don't think you can completely back up all your claims based on the facts you have conjured out of your own experiences of thoughts of how the world works.

In the end, I really don't care. I'll live my life the way I want to. If I want to believe in some crazy guy who smotes enemies with lightning bolts when he is angry, who's going to stop me? Can you prove me wrong with solid, objective evidence?
Edit: The crazy smoting guy is not God, just making up something/someone)

magicbud3344
03-21-2003, 03:12 AM
taht sucks ass that you were jacked, but i mean there is carma dude, you used to scam a ton on graal 2001 and it just came back :(
btw, before you got restored did you bother changing your pass :O?

Devil
03-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
taht sucks ass that you were jacked, but i mean there is carma dude, you used to scam a ton on graal 2001 and it just came back :(
btw, before you got restored did you bother changing your pass :O?

I bet ya he didn't, and I think Flip was the one who got his account ;)

Kaimetsu
03-21-2003, 07:45 AM
But I don't think you can completely back up all your claims based on the facts you have conjured out of your own experiences of thoughts of how the world works.

Which claims can't I back up?

In the end, I really don't care. I'll live my life the way I want to. If I want to believe in some crazy guy who smotes enemies with lightning bolts when he is angry, who's going to stop me? Can you prove me wrong with solid, objective evidence?

Of course not. Neither can you disprove the megaketchup theory. The point is not that any of the religions are 100% false, but rather that they are extremely unlikely to be true. Any intelligent theist should at least know why he/she believes in something that is very likely to be a lie.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-21-2003, 08:11 AM

Which claims can't I back up?

Well not exactly a claim, but a statement, or your belief as to why athiests are correct. You can't prove there is no higher being (God)

Kaimetsu
03-21-2003, 08:45 AM

Well not exactly a claim, but a statement, or your belief as to why athiests are correct. You can't prove there is no higher being (God)

I never claimed nor stated that there is no higher being, nor did I say that atheists are correct.

READ -> Think -> Post.

tlf288
03-21-2003, 08:50 AM

...?

Why would I need to? I'm not a Christian, I'm not being hypocritical here. I'm merely faulting his approach to religion - something I'm perfectly entitled to do.

It was one of those joke things...., y'know?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-22-2003, 12:50 AM

READ -> Think -> Post.
Sounds a bit too complicated for me. Perhaps you can run that by me again.. oh wait.. I think I just missed a step.

Here's one you like to use.
Insult -> Pointlessly argue -> Ban

davidpsy
03-22-2003, 04:24 AM
Dont worry brad once sans is up ill restore your items as many times as it takes =D. Also I vowe to do all I can to put an end to these rat bastard hacker ass holes!

Kaimetsu
03-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Sounds a bit too complicated for me. Perhaps you can run that by me again.. oh wait.. I think I just missed a step.

Here's one you like to use.
Insult -> Pointlessly argue -> Ban

Yawn. You made a false statement, so I pointed out the error. Using the flowchart to encourage you to read my posts was hardly insulting, given that you had clearly failed to do so. Now you decide to make it personal by accusing me of belligerence and corruption. How very mature of you.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-22-2003, 09:20 AM

Yawn. You made a false statement, so I pointed out the error. Using the flowchart to encourage you to read my posts was hardly insulting, given that you had clearly failed to do so. Now you decide to make it personal by accusing me of belligerence and corruption. How very mature of you.
I'm only accusing you of what you actually do.
Yawn. x2

Kaimetsu
03-22-2003, 10:39 AM
I'm only accusing you of what you actually do.

If you have a complaint about my actions as supermod then feel free to raise them in an official manner. Don't guttersnipe at me like a petulant child.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-22-2003, 10:17 PM

If you have a complaint about my actions as supermod then feel free to raise them in an official manner. Don't guttersnipe at me like a petulant child.
I always did have a problem with you, but lately I thought I'd just bite my lip and not say a word. I did for a couple months, but there is only so much I can take. I won't stand quiet forever while you start bashing my ideologies and values on these forums. It's not always about how you govern these forums, but your constant pessimistic views towards politics (hey, if you think poiliticians should be the only ones talking these things, then shut your mouth and don't reply in the post. I don't go rambling on in threads that deal with anime and computers because I don't know much about them.) and religion (fine, you're an atheist, but you don't have to go around telling Christians how poorly their ideology is flawed and how they're all "damned"). These are just a few of the "concerns" I have with you. Genuinely, how would you feel if I went into the NPC forums and started rambling on about how scripting is stupid and it's just a little kiddies hobby for an online game and what you're all doing is useless. It's a shame I don't.

Kaimetsu
03-23-2003, 07:39 AM
I always did have a problem with you, but lately I thought I'd just bite my lip and not say a word.

Until you saw that you were losing an argument and wanted to divert attention away from it, obviously.

I did for a couple months, but there is only so much I can take. I won't stand quiet forever while you start bashing my ideologies and values on these forums.

Then don't. Argue back, show me the error of my ways, whatever. But guttersniping about completely unrelated issues is merely childish and not at all fitting for your supermod position.

your constant pessimistic views towards politics (hey, if you think poiliticians should be the only ones talking these things, then shut your mouth and don't reply in the post. I don't go rambling on in threads that deal with anime and computers because I don't know much about them.)

Ridiculous logic, as usual. My post didn't make any political claims so it wasn't a contradiction. Also I don't particularly lack knowledge on political issues so your comparison to your ignorance on anime and computing subjects is ultimately groundless.

and religion (fine, you're an atheist, but you don't have to go around telling Christians how poorly their ideology is flawed and how they're all "damned").

When on earth did I tell christians that they are damned? And in any case: I don't have to tell them these things but I enjoy doing so. Why shouldn't I? How is that debate off-limits while others are fine 'n' dandy?

And I'm not an atheist. Not by the usual definition.

Genuinely, how would you feel if I went into the NPC forums and started rambling on about how scripting is stupid and it's just a little kiddies hobby for an online game and what you're all doing is useless.

I'd think you were making a fool of yourself, just as you are now. Your comparison is once more extremely flawed. I criticise the logic behind theism - something that can be objectively considered - while you would be criticising our subjective appreciation of scripting. See the difference?

tlf288
03-23-2003, 08:12 AM

And I'm not an atheist. Not by the usual definition.

If you don't mind saying, by what definition then?

Kaimetsu
03-23-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by tlf288
If you don't mind saying, by what definition then?

If the definition is "A person who does not believe in a deity" then I am an atheist. If the definition is "A person who believes in the non-existence of a deity" then I am not an atheist.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Subjectively arguments cannot be won.

Objectively this thread is off topic so it must be closed.

Kaimetsu
03-23-2003, 09:41 AM
Subjectively arguments cannot be won.

Your statement is flawed, but I assume that you meant to say 'Subjective arguments cannot be won". Which is fine, but it's hardly a statement that works in your favour; it supports me more than it does you. Your criticism of scripting would be subjective, while my criticism of religion was objective. Thus they are incomparable.

Objectively this thread is off topic so it must be closed.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason. Nothing to do with the fact that I'm beating the heck out of you.

Kinatt
03-23-2003, 10:03 AM

Your statement is flawed, but I assume that you meant to say 'Subjective arguments cannot be won". Which is fine, but it's hardly a statement that works in your favour; it supports me more than it does you. Your criticism of scripting would be subjective, while my criticism of religion was objective. Thus they are incomparable.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason. Nothing to do with the fact that I'm beating the heck out of you.

So many big words.. mind spinning *pukes*

Darlene159
03-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Another thread that has turned into a religion bash? Why hasnt this been closed?
I seriously dont think the person quitting graal is doing it for religious reasons...Why dont you do your job Kami, and close it instead of arguing:mad:

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-23-2003, 08:34 PM

No, an argument cannot be won. You cannot go up to someone and say "who is winning the argument?" unless someone actually concedes defeat because he will provide you with refutable evidence. You cannot also prove to me that God exsists, or does not exsist, and there is no evidence on Earth objectively proving otherwise so therefore your statements are all based on subjective points.

And yes I will close this thread now. If Kai has a strong urge to reply and start attacking me again then he can, I don't care.

Kaimetsu
03-24-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Darlene159
Another thread that has turned into a religion bash? Why hasnt this been closed?

1) I'm not bashing religion.
2) Because it's not really doing any harm.

No, an argument cannot be won. You cannot go up to someone and say "who is winning the argument?" unless someone actually concedes defeat because he will provide you with refutable evidence.

There are rules to the arguing game, though they're not explicitly stated. Remember all those times when you walked around looking for posts by popular people and then replied with "you, sir, owned him" or something equally nauseating? You liked the phrase so much that you set it as your custom title for a while, I believe. And you said it for two reasons:

1) You wanted the person to like you.
2) You believed that the person had won the argument.

Unless it was just number 1? In which case I'll need to retract my argument :)

You cannot also prove to me that God exsists, or does not exsist

And you cannot understand this simple concept: I am not trying to prove or disprove God's existence.

and there is no evidence on Earth objectively proving otherwise so therefore your statements are all based on subjective points.

What statements? See, the problem is that you still refuse to read and understand my posts. I cannot prove that God does not exist, but it is objectively true that, scientifically speaking, God is very unlikely to exist. There's a difference, yeah?

But, incidentally, stating this is not equivalent to religion-bashing; only fools believe that their God's existence can be proven (or even strongly indicated) rationally, which is why the focus of religion is faith. I acknowledge that belief in a deity can do people good, but I argue against the notion that it is a logically-sound belief.