PDA

View Full Version : RP Event Planned.

zell12
03-16-2003, 08:41 AM
I'd like to do something like what BirdBird_0 did on GBM with the mining event he did to uncover the temples etc... I will generate a cave, and fill it in with rocks you have to mine through. When its complete there will be a tunnel. Where it leads? We will need some suggestions for that. :)

Kaiser2
03-16-2003, 07:47 PM
It leads to the shiny island of Morrolan, here, it is filled with millions of plats that only acct name: Kaiser2 can touch :D

On topic: a quest that leads a player to an event item! except it'll count as a god given item, so if you drop it, you lose it, and you can also have only one, so strong people won't get 2359735093752 of them and sell them, and if you lose it you can always get another.

zell12
03-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Well, there will be a prize, and the cave (once dug) should only hold for 10 minutes. Which will be long enough for the people helping to dig the tunnel to get their prize and go. I just don't know what the prize will be. Nothing like a sword, or armour. But some item.

Kaiser2
03-16-2003, 09:50 PM
10000 plat prize :D

Selzar
03-16-2003, 10:00 PM
diddnt he say graal bomy moon

Tseng
03-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Selzar

It's called literacy. Use it!

Kaiser2
03-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Selzar

Vahn, before posting, please check what the person said -_-

--Chris--
03-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Have Inferno swords at the end, they aren't extremely powerful nor too valuable...I think it would make a decent prize...You could possibly have to kill evil-heavils to get them (they would drop them.) You said no sword or armor so errm...hmm...do you consider amulets and rings armor O.o? XD
Hm..maybe just put a bunch of evil-heavils to run around and a few of them would drop golden cards and castles...or maybe release a new baddy and this could be a way to introduce it.

Kaiser2
03-18-2003, 01:19 AM
Wait, I got it, this can be done to release summons! Like, the warriors (Mages mostly, since no swords and armor) enter the area, after mining through the tunnel. At the end, there is a large "Crystal of the Spirits" which is protected by the combined spirit energy of all the monsters in the caves. The mages split up, traversing the caves, destroying all monsters that they come across, and once they have destroyed all monsters, a message will appear, saying something like "The Spirit Barrier has crumbled! Now destroy the Crystal of the Spirits!" At that point, a timer comes up, and the mages must cast their spells to destroy the Crystal (Make the crystal have a lot of health). Then, when the Crystal is shattered, the spirits of the summon spells rest to reside in the mages, granting all the mages of the world the ability to summon monsters for their beck and call...

Selzar
03-18-2003, 08:23 PM
make a new graphic, a HUGE rock.
THey would be in the way, and when you crack it open, an arrow would drop showing you the way to go?
Each rock would show you.

Kaiser2
03-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Yeah, that'd make perfect sense, along with my idea :o

ness0123456789
03-21-2003, 01:36 AM
Background Story: Not long ago, a group of novice miners discovered a cave tunnel inside the Mt.Antora mines (the big white mountain on the mainland). When they entered, they discovered an aincent cavern, which hasn't been used or seen for eons. The miners went in further, only to turn back after being attacked by aincent bommies (make them look all old and stony). The miners recently reported this find to the Guild of Discovery, and after a meeting, they have decided to assembl a group of fighters, both trained in physical and magical arts, to enter this mine and discover the secrets hidden within.

Event: Have the new cave lead off from one of the back tunnels in the southern mine on Mt.Antora. when you enter, the level is alot darker then the previous mine cave. Inside, the tunnel is blocked by rocks and the aincent bommies. The characters who are good at fighting would fend off these beats, while the characters who are a little weak mine through. Once through the first corridor, which is blocked by the rubbel, the players find a old staircase. At the end of this is a dungeon-esque cave area. Inside it are more Aincent Bommies, and passages blocked by rocks. As the players continue through the area, killing bommies and mining paths as they go, they find keys that unlock old doors in the cave. At the northern most part of this area is a golden locked door. Inside this room is alot of mineing rocks, and inside one is a golden key. By using the key on the door, the players can continue into a large shrine like place. Kaiser, this would be where you idea would come in. More Aincent Bommies, but in order to weaken the seal, the fighters and mages would have to seperate, fighters to the left, mages to the right. After killing all the Aincent Bommies, the hero's come back to the room with the crystal, where it comes to life, and begins to attack by summoning Aincent Bommies. The fighters cannot harm the crystal, but the mages can, so using teamwork, the figheters would hold off the aincent bommies while the Mages continue there onslaught on the crystal. After the battle, the crystal shatters, releasing the summoning spirits upon the world. A basic summon spell would be the reward for the mages work, and a for the fighters, a shield made from the remains of the crystal.

Setup: Make the first area, the cave entrance, just a long horizontal corridor littered with rocks. when placeing the aincent bommies, dont over crowd the area like the catacombs, instead scatter them throughout the corridor, about 10 or 15, not that many, and dont allow them to respawn. Have each Ainent Bommy give around 50 EXP each per kill. In the actual cave area, make it fairly complex, but not to bad. Make some rooms void of enemies, but caved in with mining rocks, while others have alot of Aincent Bommies. There needs to be dead ends, and chambers that after killing all enemies, a key appears, and rooms that require the hero's to mine the rocks to reveal the key. In the final room, set the tile to gold, like in Pirate castle, around the large golden door, this will make it look like someone or something dug this area up, finding the door to the shrine. Have about 25 aincent bommies in this room and the mining rocks where the players will find the golden key. Finnaly, in the shrine's main room, have to halls leading off to the left and to the right. The right only permits the class of Barbarian, Theif, and Warrior to enter, while the left only allows Mages and Clerics to enter. At the end of the hall is a room crawling with Aincent Bommies, each group needs to destroy the bommies, and once it is registered that each room is clear of enemies, a message appears saying "You hear a loud crunching sound from the main entrance". When the hero's return, the crystal is alive, and releasing Aincent Bommies up the wazzo. Have the Crystal spawn 10 Aincent Bommies at a time, so when all 10 are destroyed, another 10 appear. The crystal is only damaged my magical attacks, so its the mages job to weaken it. The Crystal cannot attack directly, but can summon the Aincent Bommies. when the crystal dies, show explosion gfx appearing over it, and a shattered crystal afterwards, then have a number of little lights fly off (the summons), and then auto-add a basic summon scroll to the clerics and mages, and a crystal shield to the Warriros, Barbarians, and Theifs.

NPC setup: I'm thinking of the Aincent Bommies as grey shell bommies with cracks running through them, so that they look like they are made of stone. The crystal boss needs to be a large crystal of a color of your choice (I prefer blue) and look like a diamond. The Shrine is golden tiled, and the cavern area is the same tile set as the mines. The rocks are mining rocks, but script them so that they dont drop minerals or foggies, and certain rocks release keys.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I understand this would be alot of work, but if you do it right, it would be a very cool event. If you dont like the crystal shield idea, then just replace that with something else.

Kaiser2
03-21-2003, 01:52 AM
Ancient Bomies nor the boss should give any exp, I mean, it's just making strong players stronger, though afterward, you can make this into a permanent dungeon, and then make them give 50 exp or so.

GoZelda
06-25-2003, 03:16 PM
This is a great event idea :)
Maybe make a "summon ancient bomy" as reward. This could replace one of the haunted houses as this has much more story in it.