PDA

View Full Version : Murasamune Screenshots/Description

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 10:05 AM
For about the 9 months I have been working on Murasamune, I have not really shown any screenshots. Its time I changed that, and made Murasamune a little more public. Below is a decription of features on Murasamune, and several screenshots of nice levels, cool and unique NPCs, and other fun stuff.

Features:
(These are either done or are going to be added in the near feature)
-Many different weapons, all with different stat changing effects and abilities
-Soon to have completely redone default ganis, to make everything more compatible and smooth with the many new things in Murasamune
-A new status bar instead of hearts
-No stuff like "setshield, setsword, setbody...." everything will have images determined on what you have equiped
-Level system which determins what you can equip, and what skills you can learn
-A system to equiped armors, boots, gloves, and helmets, which show up on your player depending on what you where
-Each piece of equipment does something special, wether is be status changing or new abilities, an example is something like taking no damage from explosions
-Time Travel between 4 worlds, which have much to do with story and gameplay
-Day/Night/Weather system, which will interact with seasons and towns, and with weather you will see visual changes (like where there was a dry spot in sunny weather, it will have water)
-And much, much more! This is only the stuff I remember about it off the top of my head!

Screenshot1:
"Attacking with Spear"

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 10:07 AM
Screenshot2:
"Attack of Blobs!"

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 10:08 AM
Screenshot3:
"Killer Plant"

vergil
06-09-2001, 10:09 AM
.... i hope the first one and the 2nd one are test levels..

anyway it looks okay
i dont see how you could have been working on it for 9 months though, i dont even know if there WERE playerworlds then

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 10:10 AM
Screenshot4:
"Peaceful Village"

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 10:16 AM
I could go on forever with screenshots with all the great things in Murasamune, and those I showed arent even the best! I will let the rest be a surprise...

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 10:20 AM
yeah lots of these are simply test levels, testing onwall for baddies and the functions of weapons

Valder
06-09-2001, 10:40 AM
wow, NICE!

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 10:53 AM
thnx valder, ive been working long and hard on it, and have gained alot of experiance with playerworlds, like what they need in levels and NPCs....im going to make it the best i can...i will probably post 2 more screenshots, of the weapon changing system and one of the towns in Murasamune.

Munkey
06-09-2001, 11:09 AM
nice!:D

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 11:12 AM
More Screenshots!:
"Weapon Changing"
(this is very recent script, and im making it look alot nicer....just look at the basic format and quality)

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 11:24 AM
hmph...i cant post the last screenshot :*-( it says i posted to many

Valder
06-09-2001, 11:52 AM
if there is any way i can help out with the server, name it

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 12:00 PM
hmm i currently have 4 staff members (i fired everyone on staff and am starting new)...i only accept people who have a great ammount of skill...if you got levels or script which are impressive, e-mail me @ [email protected] please include a AIM name and/or a ICQ number...and please dont send me anything if you know you are new to this and your stuff might not look as good as most others....thnx, i need all the help i can get from the people with the skill to make good quality stuff :-)

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 12:17 PM
oh and if you are really interested in this project i could send some more good screenshots

LiquidIce00
06-09-2001, 02:19 PM
I think people are getting too happy with mp/hp custom bars =\
I mean .. they are okay ... but really I rather just use the oldschool heart one .. its alot easier to tell when youre about to die and how much life you got 'exactly'

Huggles
06-09-2001, 04:32 PM
You need to fix those baddies up they dont connect well and the blobb looks... like a mess

T-Squad
06-09-2001, 10:09 PM
what do you mean "dont connect well" and "look like a mess"? that makes no sense....in case you didnt notice, the plant moves around with those balls going from the root to the head....wherever the head moves the follow, making a very nice looking effect. But you can see that in a screenshot because it does not move....and i dont see how you could believe the blobs are a mess...please tell me the only way for improvement is by telling the truth....so tell me how they look like a mess...thnx

oh yeah...Liquid if you didnt notice, i have a MP/HP bar and a text MP HP sa\stat thingy, so yes you can see exactly whjen you are going to die ;-)

RawPower
06-09-2001, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LiquidIce00
I think people are getting too happy with mp/hp custom bars =\
I mean .. they are okay ... but really I rather just use the oldschool heart one .. its alot easier to tell when youre about to die and how much life you got 'exactly'

Maybe because the ying yang hearts are stupid....

LiquidIce00
06-10-2001, 12:02 AM
if you see 3 hearts you know how much life you have,
but when you see a bar with some life you dont know.
Its not easy to judge how much life you got. I still rather use the hearts =\

T-Squad
06-10-2001, 12:26 AM
did you not see the TEXT STATUS area??? that shows EXACTLY how much health you have, actually it shows it BETTER then the hearts....

RawPower
06-10-2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by T-Squad
did you not see the TEXT STATUS area??? that shows EXACTLY how much health you have, actually it shows it BETTER then the hearts....

No because he jumps to conclusions like an idiot..

XilosTinsu
06-10-2001, 01:02 AM
Actually if you don't like the ying yang hearts then just edit the state.png to what you like, I've got some on my website but most are just recoloration, u can make them look like anything that you want them to, if you have some graphical skill.

RawPower
06-10-2001, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by XilosTinsu
Actually if you don't like the ying yang hearts then just edit the state.png to what you like, I've got some on my website but most are just recoloration, u can make them look like anything that you want them to, if you have some graphical skill.

no....there are bounderies there and you cant make things without a certain size and such...new systems are AWSOME!

slp
06-10-2001, 01:12 AM
your server is verry nice from what i c, the level quality is nice and the npcs are very cool, i would look forwar to playing ur sever if it comes out look verry nice

T-Squad
06-10-2001, 01:15 AM
thank you slp...
oh and about the states.png, you cant do that because the default path for the states IS state.png and cant be changed, you would need to overwrite it to make everyone else see it...but client side that would work....anyway you could just script a new system like hearts if you wanted

Huggles
06-10-2001, 01:32 AM
The plant does not go into the ground... Make him blend into the ground

Huggles
06-10-2001, 01:33 AM
When I mean is he doesnt blend like this guy

Huggles
06-10-2001, 01:34 AM
Argh

T-Squad
06-10-2001, 01:50 AM
oh lol i know, i the image must be improved...thats very easy to fix ;-) actually i will do it right now...

freddyfox
06-10-2001, 02:13 AM
Soul Blade, your server looks very good. Keep up on the good work.

Fai
06-10-2001, 02:34 AM
THAT BLOB wAS STOLEN FROM SMILEY IDEA

T-Squad
06-10-2001, 02:53 AM
lol, i like the blobs better then smiley! the blobs have more of an expression on their face :-)

T-Squad
06-10-2001, 03:04 AM
ive got alot of work to do, i want to add defense status to it (for armors and such) but with the default heart system being so low, and my status bar being based off hearts, i need to rebuild the system using triggeraction....that way i can make the starting hearts lets say 10, and the max could be maybe 50, while a weapon may hit 3 or 5, and since so many weapons it would get very powerful like -10 hearts per hit...but since defense it might make you take damage of maybe 7 instead of 10, depending on how high your defense is...and defense goes up and down based on armors.....

OH and this is really important....i was thinking of this:
should level ups only determin what kind of equipment you can wear, or should it also allow you to choose a area to go higher, like you choose:
Defense
Strength
Speed
Magic
Luck
(believe it or not, all those except luck and defense are already built into graal....possibly more stats may be added, like magic defense and such)
oh and also, heres an example of what an armor could do:
Defense +1
Speed-2
...so you exchange defense for speed....i could make it so it changes other things to
oh and just so you all know, armor has not been scripted yet...so im going to add any good ideas you all may have

T-Squad
06-10-2001, 04:20 AM
hmmm shoudl i make things like glasses to? >=)

LilbrojX
06-10-2001, 08:43 AM
I DIDN'T STEAL THE BLOB FROM ANYWHERE, YOU SUCK!!!!

I made most of those graffics :) I'll post a screen shot of a better plant monster I made in a sec

LilbrojX
06-10-2001, 08:47 AM
:D eh, I made this, it's not really a plant anymore, I call it bonasaurus! :D

T-Squad
06-10-2001, 09:35 AM
dragoon you got the old status bar dont you?

vergil
06-10-2001, 09:45 AM
it hasn't b een nine months.. nine months ago there were no playerworlds

T-Squad
06-10-2001, 10:01 AM
vergil just be quiet before you make a fool of yourself, mmkay?

vergil
06-10-2001, 10:26 AM
? make a fool of myself? what are you talking about? i just said you couldnt possibly have been working on it for nine months..

activeconvict
06-10-2001, 10:37 AM
Vergil does have a point unless you were making it before you knew there were playerworlds, who knows.

LilbrojX
06-10-2001, 11:42 AM
oh woah, vergil you are a morron, there where atleast 2 PW's for a long long time, I think more than 9 months ago, I forgot wut they where called, but you had to go thru a portal to get to them. yes morron, they where seperate from the main server, so there where actually GPs and stuff... later on before they added PW list, you could connect to different ports to get to PW's.

yah soul, I have the old one, send me the new one!!!!!

LilbrojX
06-10-2001, 11:45 AM
wait... how long have server list been on graal? I think you could get a player world on the version before that, but like I said you had to connect to different ports, so there wasn't a good way to let people know you have a pw...

murasamune has been in progress for at least 6-7 months though... I joined in, I think febuary or march

T-Squad
06-11-2001, 02:15 AM
Murasamune was started by Kaelink and Lathow, about 9 months ago i worked for it indirectly (its hard to explain), eventually i found out about it, and joined the staff (about 8 months ago) and at the time it was called Mystic Lands...soon after i got more active in it and soon enough, after the very first version was complete, i basicly became owner of the project....that was about 6 months ago, when we named it Murasamune....after that it went throuh many stages, and eventually we had 3 different worlds (1, with n00b experiance to PWs, 1 with average experiance, and now this one, with almost elite experiance) the first one of the worlds had about 200 levels...the second having about 900, and this one is still being worked on, and now i know its better to have quality then quantity, among other things.... and yes, back 9 months ago there were PWs, i dont thin they were called that though....although we knew little about it we knew we could get one up...those were the days, none of the those n00b projects (like mine back then) bothering stefan....if i had the server i have now i bet i couldve gotten it up *tear falls down ;-)* bah anyway...expect very good things from Murasamune, i just finished a VERY nice day/night system, and am going to work on NPCs interacting with the time...for those of oyu who played Zelda, that second one for n64, it will be something like that...with many differences....

LilbrojX
06-11-2001, 08:38 AM
bah, more like chrono trigger though... if I'm still in charge of the story, lol, also, it's kinda like SOM, just kinda though, we're gonna have a ton of new stuff though :) stay tuned, I'll post a very cool screen shot

TB3
06-12-2001, 01:05 AM
:rolleyes: bahahhahahahah waaaayyyyy long ago you could choose the server ip and port that you wanted to go to lmao like some people would hold events on their personal run server and meetings Damasca was a good example back then they had their own domain for graal.

Kaimetsu
06-12-2001, 01:09 AM
That plant looks like it uses my basic scripting. I'd have to see it in action, but nevertheless it looks a lot like my bat.

T-Squad
06-12-2001, 06:47 AM
Kai, do you always say that when you see a good script ?;-)

LilbrojX
06-12-2001, 07:02 AM
lol, it's not that basic, and it's not that finished, there's allways sceptics... if your soo superior, why not join our elite server team?

Kaimetsu
06-12-2001, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by T-Squad
Kai, do you always say that when you see a good script ?;-)

I always say that when I see a good script that looks like one of mine which I believe you would have access to.

Kaimetsu
06-12-2001, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LilbrojX
lol, it's not that basic,

If it isn't then it's too complicated. There's no reason for something like that to be anything but basic.

*looks at it more closely*

Gah, I'm sure that's my bat.

and it's not that finished, there's allways sceptics... if your soo superior, why not join our elite server team?

Hehehe... Hehehehehe... Hehe... What a shameful use of an "if".

LilbrojX
06-13-2001, 05:12 AM
wutever dude, jerk

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by LilbrojX
wutever dude, jerk

You make me laugh.