PDA

View Full Version : Let's invite the Zormites for a gathering

busyrobot
03-07-2003, 08:15 PM
The idea:

Invite our good friends and allies the Zormites to Dustari for a feast in the Castle, enjoy food, wine and merriment.

I don't think we've used the throne room or banquet hall for anything since it's construction.

We can also put out some carpets outside for picnics if anyone wants to get some sun.

Events:

Some ideas, I'll contribute some prizes as well, but ideas for the events are:

* Zeplin races

* Sparing

* 'Shell the Bomy'
two boats compete in two areas to shell the most shell bomies with cannons, only catch is the boats cannot drop below 50% speed.

* 'Bomy herding'
two teams of 3 try to get the most bomies across the field and across a line into their section, by leading them, baiting the things with themselves. Good for a laugh.

* 'Bomy chicken'
everyone stands in a group of shell bomies, last one not to run wins (if they live). No regen items, spells, or fighting.
Winner gets a prize and plat dropped by the slower people who tried to get out and didn't.

* 'Pet Push'
Okay, really silly and might be more amusing after a round in the Tavern, but basically it's an attempt to get your pet up a hill, to eat a piece of food, can come back down. Undoubtly, it will involve a lot of pushing of the pets and cursing.
Prize is a feeding trough.

* bury bag hunts - gotta dig up those shell bomies for the other events some how.

* Piano races.
Well, we don't have pianos, but slow-mo races where people carry 20 logs and run through a corn obsticle course.
Won't be too hard to follow.

* boat spar - allies cannot hurt eachother in battle mode even now, so it would be a battle of boats with cannons.

All disagreements for the day are settled with a duel of cannons, in good humor, as there is no more exp loss.

(I don't know if cannons have been updated to harm bomies, but we can find out)

I'll contribute food and I can try to add a diamond blade+1 of Govannon and maybe a similar naginata, some rubies for prizes too.

We should plan for a time when most people can join the events.

What does everyone think of the idea? I'm thinking of a simple gathering of on-tag Zormites and Dustarians, we can host general events or other Kingdoms or non-kingdom people another time.

Zurkiba
03-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Then... you kidnap Zen and force the Zormites to pay you a tribrute of 10,000 plat and then you kill him and take the Zormite throne!

Kaiser2
03-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot
<Kaiser could not figure out how to crop the huge quote, so a moderator did it for him>

I love this idea :grin: I'll even help you set up if you want any help :) This is gonna be great, we haven't had a good RP event in a while :) And add another Event, it's called "Trademaster Millionaire" 25 bachlorettes of Dustari gather to win the love of the handsome Zormite Trademaster, they all think he has 1million plat, but in reality, he only has 1 million silvers :D (But actually, he makes money like crazy, so it's win-win anyway ;) )

MilkyWay0016
03-08-2003, 03:45 AM
Awsome idea :D

Kaiser2
03-08-2003, 03:56 AM
You mean Trademaster Millionare? XD

FFXRikku
03-08-2003, 10:38 PM
I think it's a great idea! :)

Kaiser2
03-08-2003, 11:18 PM
I hope you too are referring to Trademaster Millionaire ;)

brock128
03-09-2003, 02:38 AM
RP event? Count me in.

Kaiser2
03-09-2003, 02:39 AM
Yes, Trademaster Millionaire will be a great RP event :D (taking advantage of vague posts is just too easy when you're a Trademaster ;))

busyrobot
03-09-2003, 03:07 AM
::chases with broom:: "stop stalking this thread Kaiser!" [j/k]

We'll see if we can get Trademaster Billionare on Fox, "Little do these women know, the Trademaster is actually Dwarven."

Prince Tseng says he thinks it so prob to do this, so lets plan the details (we already know who's going to bring the Trademaster Billionares)

Any other events we should plan?

Prizes anyone wishes to donate?

I'll try to bless some Govannon +1 weapons as prizes.

When is a good time to plan to have it?

Discuss! Debate! Discuss some more!

I think this will be fun.

JudgeDurst
03-09-2003, 07:53 PM
You could do an archery contest, and the winner is the one who kills the most shell bomies with their bow/crossbow ^-^

brock128
03-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Uh, I don't really have anything to give for prizes, but I can help set up stuff and such and stuff.

busyrobot
03-10-2003, 03:13 AM
We only need a few prizes, I like the archery idea too.

We will need:

lots of food
bunch of water
maybe 9 matching carpets as a picnic area,
lamp-torches would be good to mark starting/ending lines

also, one of the reasons I think it's good to be a Zormite/Dustari gathering is because we can assure everyone is on good behavior while on tag, so no one runs off with the 'silverware'

I think four zeplins outside for races and also (during the times there isn' the zeplin events) people can take them for free rides.

I have one I can loan to the event.

Kaiser2
03-10-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by JudgeDurst
You could do an archery contest, and the winner is the one who kills the most shell bomies with their bow/crossbow ^-^

Well, we dig up a bunch of shell bomies, herd them into one place by using a strong person as a lure, then build forts to surrond the bomies, then the strong person unsticks or something, and when ready, a mage can cast earth to dust, freeing the shell bomies, and starting the match :) (I know Earth to Dust, btw)

Kaiser2
03-10-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by busyrobot
::chases with broom:: "stop stalking this thread Kaiser!"[j/k] But stalking is cool :(

We'll see if we can get Trademaster Billionare on Fox, "Little do these women know, the Trademaster is actually Dwarven."
I'm no dwarf >:O but I do enjoy the idea of live media coverage :)

Since Tseng says he thinks it so prob to do this, so lets plan the details (we already know who's going to bring the Trademaster Billionares)

Any other events we should plan?
Archery, scavenger hunt, and maybe a tourney (battle of the king's champions :))

Prizes anyone wishes to donate?
I can donate plats :)

I'll try to bless some Govannon +1 weapons as prizes.

When is a good time to plan to have it?
I think sometime early next month if that's not a good idea, then next weekend :D

Discuss! Debate! Discuss some more!

I think this will be fun.
I agree

busyrobot
03-10-2003, 08:27 PM
Well, we dig up a bunch of shell bomies, herd them into one place by using a strong person as a lure, then build forts to surrond the bomies, then the strong person unsticks or something, and when ready, a mage can cast earth to dust, freeing the shell bomies, and starting the match (I know Earth to Dust, btw)

That might work, but I've seen shell bomies go under the fences in Bomboria, I'm not sure if that's a bug or designed because of that type of fence. We'll see if it works.

I'm no dwarf >:O
My mistake, in the thread "New Character Class!" at

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43125&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

It seemed you said you were Dwarven, but actually Tyhm mentioned you where, not you. :)

Kaiser2
03-10-2003, 09:33 PM
I never said I was a dwarf! :mad: but I worship Govannon, who IS a drawf.

busyrobot
03-10-2003, 11:06 PM
I wrote:
It seemed you said you were Dwarven, but actually Tyhm mentioned you where, not you

I thought I just cleared that up? :confused:

Anywho, side note - just tested out if you can hit bomies with cannons, and they don't get injured.

Unless that changes, well, we have to cancel the 'shell the bomy' event.

But Archery can replace it.

Kaiser2
03-11-2003, 12:15 AM
We should meet on GK and discuss it that way, it'll be easier.

busyrobot
03-11-2003, 11:24 PM
We have worked out the prizes - they will be (in my opinon) quite excellent.

Still, materials we need for the gathering are:

lots of cannonballs (I have a spare 100)

lots of food

5 - Zeplins (I'll loan one)

9 - Royal Carpets - as a picnic blanket (I'll loan my 1)

so that's 4 and 8 we need.

The carpets and zeplins would only need to be loaned, you'll get them back, assuming everyone is well behaved.

Anyone able to contribute cloth or finished items, or food and such?

Kaiser2
03-12-2003, 01:58 AM
I already got my part of it all ready ;)

JudgeDurst
03-14-2003, 12:07 AM
I just recently won a golden warrior helmet :D
So maybe we could do an event where i hide my old silver warrior+1 in the castle and everyone can look for it ^-^

Kaiser2
03-14-2003, 02:12 AM
I want a prepare weapon scroll and 8 IWD scrolls :( I just recently cleaned my Inferno Sword.

busyrobot
03-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Thanks to a number of generous hard-working people, we have all the cloth for the zeplins and carpets now.

- And a decent amount of food too.

JudgeDurst
03-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Cool ^-^
so do you think that my warrior helm idea is okay?

Kaiser2
03-15-2003, 02:18 AM
yeah, Worry, it's a good idea :)

JudgeDurst
03-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Yay ^-^ hehe
we just need a date when we are doing this..

Kaiser2
03-15-2003, 07:22 PM
We're waiting for Zen to get his comp.

JudgeDurst
03-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Ah right okay,
just don't forget to post when he gets it hehe =)

Kaiser2
03-15-2003, 09:21 PM
Of course

draco5432
03-17-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba
Then... you kidnap Zen and force the Zormites to pay you a tribrute of 10,000 plat and then you kill him and take the Zormite throne!

Now why would we want to do that?:rolleyes:

Kaiser2
03-17-2003, 03:41 PM
So then I can usurp the throne, slaughter all of your followers (I'm currently one of the stronger members of Zormite...) then steal the 10k plat you had + all the money of your followers and yourselves, steal all your wives and make them my concubines and finally sell your children to slavery all cuz you just HAD to kill my Emperor :rolleyes: