PDA

View Full Version : Beginning a Military Fort

ZeroFXSM
03-03-2003, 07:17 AM
Ah, Fair King Kamuii......

As "Defender of the Faith" ((appointed by prince tseng nightrose)), I propose a military camp be created...

This military camp will supply proper equipment for coming soldiers to join the ranks of the Dustari Military, offering weapons blessed by fair gods.

As well, it shall offer a safe place to trade, to set up shop, to rest or just relax... During times of war, we may use it to protect civilians...

King Kamuii, please accept a fort to be built within dustari lands.

((Also, I'll need a team of builders, if you guys enjoy building houses and are experienced with getting materials and building a house (as in, you built a house before) I will pay you each a salery of 50 plats each.))

brock128
03-03-2003, 02:14 PM
I have built a house before, and I'm currently buliding another. Once that is done, I can help you with the fort :)

zell12
03-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Why would the "Defender of Faith" (hence the name) want to build a fort related mainly to military? Your title has nothing to do with fort building, sounds like just a flashy name for a priest. hehe :)

ZanderX
03-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by zell12
Why would the "Defender of Faith" (hence the name) want to build a fort related mainly to military? Your title has nothing to do with fort building, sounds like just a flashy name for a priest. hehe :)

They're the Guards of the Royal Family. Essentially, the Military Elite.

At any rate, I like the idea...I will think about it.

LordZen
03-04-2003, 12:01 AM
...which faith?

Zurkiba
03-04-2003, 01:23 AM
You have one... it's called a castle :), because if you defend the king why will you need to defend the land? Isn't the king more important than the land?

There are the barracks to the south, and the Inn (Militia HQ) in the north.
And Borea is supposed to be a fortified city.

ZeroFXSM
03-04-2003, 03:05 AM
Defender of the Faith
(( If you want to be all RP then its like: I defend the faith of the people who believe in the king ))

Theres also a defender of the hope..

Anyway I'm only thinking for the good of the kingdom... and a place where new soldiers can get armor and weapons and maybe relax is good..

Plus, it offers a strategic defence point for times of war.. ;)

brock128
03-04-2003, 03:20 AM
((The plans are going to be cancelled, because iron now gives one nail, not 5. So it's near-impossible to make anything))

MilkyWay0016
03-04-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by brock128
((The plans are going to be cancelled, because iron now gives one nail, not 5. So it's near-impossible to make anything))

What the? That's craaaaaazy

Jeff
03-04-2003, 05:59 AM
((I think the title should be in Latin, like one of the many titles of the British monarch that means the same. "Fidei Defensor" is a lot less clumsy than "Defender of the Faith," though it necessitates explanations for people too lazy to google.))

((And I think it is still five nails, from my experience))

Zurkiba
03-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by ZeroFXSM
Defender of the Faith
(( If you want to be all RP then its like: I defend the faith of the people who believe in the king ))

Theres also a defender of the hope..

Anyway I'm only thinking for the good of the kingdom... and a place where new soldiers can get armor and weapons and maybe relax is good..

Plus, it offers a strategic defence point for times of war.. ;)
Castle, if someone was to attack you, are you going to defend some destroyable fence or are you going to go to the castle?

The Inn and the Barracks are the only strategic points you need because they defend from the Zormites and the Pirates.

ZeroFXSM
03-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Castle, if someone was to attack you, are you going to defend some destroyable fence or are you going to go to the castle?

The Inn and the Barracks are the only strategic points you need because they defend from the Zormites and the Pirates.

Yeah, but is our entire army going to pile up at the castle? Why not weaken the forces first.. and then troops can fall back to the castle at last resort.

We don't want intruders inland ;)

zell12
03-04-2003, 02:11 PM
If you know your going to lose, give up. They shall take over the kingdom, and chop your heads off. :)

Kaiser2
03-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Not if the Zormites interfere, Dustari knows we got their back :p
Zormite will swat away the enemy like flies!

zell12
03-04-2003, 10:37 PM
Zormite is a weak kingdom, no offence. Only people that can really fight are infinite, alex and Zen. :p But Forest and the other kingdoms aren't that great either. Me and Chris are the only really-strong people in forest. So really, we are all just about equal :p

busyrobot
03-07-2003, 08:20 PM
I suspect the 1 nail thing has to do with the new crafting skills, I bet as you make more, you produce items faster.

I like the fort idea, it keeps it interesting.

It sure beats giving up on all things interesting and saying 'sigh, the only way to defend anything is to uber up in the T-Rex room for another week'

I'll help if it's still going

brock128
03-09-2003, 02:39 AM
((Ignore above post. It was a bug, stefan fixed it. 1 iron = 5 nails again.))

busyrobot
03-09-2003, 03:09 AM
((Ignore above post. It was a bug, stefan fixed it. 1 iron = 5 nails again.))

Oh thank the merciful gods!
That's the best news I've heard all day.

ZeroFXSM
03-10-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Zormite is a weak kingdom, no offence. Only people that can really fight are infinite, alex and Zen. :p But Forest and the other kingdoms aren't that great either. Me and Chris are the only really-strong people in forest. So really, we are all just about equal :p

Zormite just got stronger..

Boukon went...
Projectshifter is a god now...

Eck..

Kaiser2
03-10-2003, 06:41 PM
PS is no god, though we do have Alex and Infinite...which are godly (though Infinite might have quit GK...)

GoZelda
03-15-2003, 07:48 PM
The Cyrilin family just made a fort near Kalen in Zormite, but it's more of protecting the village, a sorta stronghold.

-Infinite-
03-17-2003, 05:54 PM
I quit, but i still get on to check on things.. If Zormite wants me back, get me when im online, and I would glady rejoin. I left because I didn't know I could get online as I did before. I assumed VIP would only let me on Saturdays. ;)

Kaiser2
03-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Infinie, you know you are always welcome to rejoin Zormite, so if you wish, just contact me next time you're on and I'll readd you.

LordZen
03-18-2003, 12:17 AM
you can still get on more than just Saturdays??

I was thinking of making Infinite general even before I moved, and then his p2p ran out.. Yes please rejoin, infact I'm going to see if your on AIM right now :)

Kaiser2
03-18-2003, 01:06 AM
Yes, I remember, I always figured Infinite should be our General, and we need a new Elder and Archmage because PS quit or something, and I haven't seen our Archmage in a millenium x.x

MilkyWay0016
03-18-2003, 03:54 AM
Please refrain from talking about Zormite recruiting in the "Dustarin Beginning a Military Fort" Thread.....

daboo
03-18-2003, 10:47 AM
They where running a little known special that if you bought VIP before Feb1st you would get full access to Gold Servers, it didn't tack on Gold Time, but if/when your gold time runs out, you'll still be able to play on more than just saturdays with your VIP time. Thats why he can still play on gold servers more than just saturday.

Kaiser2
03-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016
Please refrain from talking about Zormite recruiting in the "Dustarin Beginning a Military Fort" Thread.....

Yes, ah, we apologize, but you see, we don't see Infinite very often, and I can't contact him through AIM, so this is basically a rare opportunity to talk.

feivel
03-31-2003, 08:37 AM
No fort walls could hold back the Imerial Shogunate's Forces. (long fancy name for the Samurai military)

brock128
03-31-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by feivel
No fort walls could hold back the Imerial Shogunate's Forces. (long fancy name for the Samurai military)
((Sorry, but the RPing skills of most Samurai warriors is... lacking. I doubt they have a big enough attention span to attack the fort, unless you paid them all.))

Kaiser2
04-01-2003, 03:51 AM
If you want, I can teach them how to RP properly when destroying fort walls :]

brock128
04-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
If you want, I can teach them how to RP properly when destroying fort walls :]
They won't care. And like I said, the only way you can get them to destroy the fort walls is either be their friends, or grab some cash. And you think people won't be guarding the fort? Of course sombody will... Probabaly more then one person.

Kaiser2
04-01-2003, 04:58 PM
If they don't care, then they should never wage war...

brock128
04-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
If they don't care, then they should never wage war...
They're not.

Kaiser2
04-02-2003, 04:54 PM
I know, but I'm saying, for future reference.