PDA

View Full Version : frolic updates

KJS
06-08-2001, 10:28 PM
well for the people who haven't played frolic in a while this is what we have done so far...

we had a few levels look really really nice but then slp deleted them to upload a new map. The new map wasn't that good and stefan agreed. I was the only person with the old levels so I uploaded them... And now some of the levels are back to its first self (like the first time it has been uploaded)... Like there usto be a nice sitting area in the main island that is gone... Eh oh well what do you do about it besides remake it lol...

well I have finished the time, day/night, and the map...

Right now I am working on CTF to get it working. I am taking a break from that and making a easy spar. We didn't have one yet because the one I made doesn't work for the npc server. It like had a host and all it was cool. I will be planning on remaking that some time so it works.

The type of spar I am starting off making is a swimming spar (so your both swimming and spar).

After I get done with the swimming one I will make a few basic land spars...

I will post it once I get the swimming spar done (it is just that slp is a bomy on the server and it is hard to test with him because he just glides from side to side in the water. So I have to wait for another person to come on to test it on.. they have to be a human)

oh yea and also I have created a taylor shop... I think it is one of the cooler taylor shop. It is the house 1 level to the right of the main level...

well you basically say
'shoe black'
ect...
(you can get all the colors and stuff by going 'help' and 'colors')
you say 'done' once your done (it says this all in the help but no one reads it and says the thing doesn't work and I get mad)

then once you say 'done' it brings you into the dresser room and then you wait there for 2 seconds then come out with your new close...

it is really cool

KJS
06-08-2001, 10:36 PM
lol what just poped up in my mind is a bad glitch in the water spar (I didn't even have anyone to test it yet).. But I know about this glitch because I use it in my jail (were they pound rocks)...

the glitch is if they hold down s it will keep on hitting the person...

(i fixed it in the jail a long time ago, so they have to keep on pressing d so it will hit the rock only 1 and they cant hold it down)

it is not that hard of a glitch to fix I just do something like

if(keydown(<numb>) && this.keydown==0){
this.keydown=1;
//do rest of the coding
}
if(!keydown(<numb>) && this.keydown==1)
this.keydown=0;

well that is how I do it... the only reason I posted this is because some other people might wonder how to do it also...

KJS
06-09-2001, 04:24 AM
I just made a gravity script (it wasn't to hard...). Graal2001's is better but mine is pretty good...

I think it is better then the other server that has gravity script besides graal2001 (I beleve the server starts with an s, they have a basketball arena and a gravity spar).

theres has a lot of bugs like if you dont jump and just fall down from the ledge you can jump in the middle of the air, I did that once to pick up all the money in the bottom of the level (were you die). I just let my self drop w/o pressing up and then I pressed up right befor I got to the end and I got out of there.

Another bug in theres is you can hold up and you will fall down slower.

mine has none of them bugs...

the only bug that mine has is that it wont enable the movement once you leave

XilosTinsu
06-09-2001, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by KJS
the only bug that mine has is that it wont enable the movement once you leave
So when you leave you can't move??? Sounds fun, are you using disabledefmovement? Might need enabledefmovement in the next level.

KJS
06-09-2001, 05:11 AM
I thought I said I could fix it easly...

right now the room is not public so I dont care if I cant move...

I know how to fix it also I just have to first think of a spot to put it...
then the outside level of there I do enabledefmovement...

it is just that I dont know what level yet....