PDA

View Full Version : RPing and PKing don't mix.

Locke_boy
02-24-2003, 05:45 AM
Thanatos, Selzar, even Boukon himself. All PKers. Selzar and Thanatos seem to be out for my blood, and Boukon .. well, he killed me, but now he doesn't, but I know he PKs just the same. Firstly, I'd like to say that the Samurai kingdom has been crap since Boukon became the leader. If anyone would like to contest that, go ahead .. but outwardly, I have seen only bad things.

What I'd like to know is why a kingdom leader would even let such fools into his kingdom. Thanatos and Selzar are both known for being .. well .. themselves. Why would any good kingdom leader let them in his kingdom? I don't see any logic here, folks.

I figure that each kingdom needs a leader who will impose strict RPing rules, and should these rules be broken, that the player in question be punished or discharged. I don't know what the funk is going on with Forest anymore, but I haven't had much troubles from them .. Pirates haven't been a problem .. some Zormites .. eh. Dustari isn't perfect, I know, but I'm there, and most people actually use their brains. Samurai, now, I don't need to get into that.

RPing in kingdoms should be nothing short of MANDATORY. If you don't want to RP, don't join a kingdom, and stay on peaceful. I know I may seem like I'm complaining .. heh, well I am .. but I'm just trying to make this game better for the future.

My proposal .. remove Boukon as the leader, and put in power a leader who will enforce strict RPing rules, including NO unnecessary PKing. :: coughs :: I'd say to let me be the leader, but I know that won't happen (I don't know WHAT the requirements are, but sometimes it just seems like you have to be a huge ***** to become high-ranked in a kingdom) .. even though I'm quite sure I could do a good job. Just put someone .. eh. You know what I'll say. Forest .. well, they have a history of recruiting people with no RPing skills .. which shows. Zormite has its problems too, but I know that Zen is a very competent leader. Dustari .. Tseng and Huru are both intelligent people, they know what they're doing. Whose the King, anyway? I don't know. He's never there. Pirates seem okay .. although I don't usually seem to see Pirates around. Odd.

This server was obviously meant to be a MMORPG. Let's look at what those words mean ..

MASSIVELY - Okay, it's a massive server, got it.
MULTIPLAYER - Lots of people, obvious.
ONLINE - How else?
ROLE-PLAYING - Hmm .. now that's something that NO ONE DOES.
GAME - Games are meant to be fun, and this game is meant to be fun through RPing.

Look .. someone fix this kingdoms situation .. :\

zell12
02-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Rahz was an idiot too. I tried to talk to him on debug about kingdom affairs and he lashed out on me. Computer froze so I never saved the history. x.x I hate stupid people. I think boukon is a stupid person. Remove him? :O

Locke_boy
02-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by zell12
Rahz was an idiot too. I tried to talk to him on debug about kingdom affairs and he lashed out on me. Computer froze so I never saved the history. x.x I hate stupid people. I think boukon is a stupid person. Remove him? :O

I wouldn't say Rahz was a stupid person .. I was close to him, and he is pretty intelligent, but he didn't always do the right thing.. and it seems he can be sort of moody sometimes .. :|

ZanderX
02-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Locke_boy
Dustari .. Tseng and Huru are both intelligent people, they know what they're doing. Whose the King, anyway? I don't know. He's never there.

Me. Though as of late I've been on vacation, and catching up on my schoolwork, so I'm not on half as much as I should be, but Tseng is competent and knows how I like things to be run and how they should be done, so things are in good hands till I'm back on a frequent basis again.

Locke_boy
02-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Me. Though as of late I've been on vacation, and catching up on my schoolwork, so I'm not on half as much as I should be, but Tseng is competent and knows how I like things to be run and how they should be done, so things are in good hands till I'm back on a frequent basis again.

Yeah, I remember now, heh .. in the time I've been in Dustari, I saw you on once .. but I know real life can be "hectic", so I don't mind your absence.

MKSLAYER
02-25-2003, 02:00 AM
If samurai would get a new leader it would be some one thats in it >_< may'aps me cause jin left and im the only senior member left >_<. if some high rank n**b gets it then you can expect a mighty uproar from me. Rahz and Boukon are both my close friends but not if they apply some n**b high up *cough*a lot of princes*cough* while im stuck in a monk rank. personaly its badly planned out :-/. think about it. level heh so what. i've been in the kingdom longest out of 98% of people in samurai (or in the 90's). Im a monk! i dont have a problem with the rank but

1) I was the first person to take to be Rahz's heir after Yashin
2) I am one of the leading seniors and one of the few to RP
3) To actually go with RP idea's not stupid ones
4) Not to randomly PK people to death because they walked in front of me
5) I am not a power gamer but an elite NICE person (if people are nice to me)

kk there it is im not proposing anything but i must say our kingdom is becoming unorganized. not only that but how can i drop from royal gaurd captin to a friggen monk?!

Kaiser2
02-25-2003, 02:41 AM
Actually, according to RP rules, if the PKer is off tag, and kills someone, it is alright, the leader of the kingdom has no control over the person then, and the peron isn't even *in chracter*.
Personlly, I think it should be changed that you can't be PKed on tag, because it's basically "ono, I tripped and died." and there is no RPing in that.

Locke_boy
02-25-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
Actually, according to RP rules, if the PKer is off tag, and kills someone, it is alright, the leader of the kingdom has no control over the person then, and the peron isn't even *in chracter*.
Personlly, I think it should be changed that you can't be PKed on tag, because it's basically "ono, I tripped and died." and there is no RPing in that.

The RP rules also say you can't go off-tag and PK on-tag players. :: coughs extremely loud ::

Selzar
02-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Shut up Locke,
I am pking you because Im on battle mode, and your not allied.
Stop complaining if we were allied I woudn't touch you or be able to.
And besides , I hate you, another reason why I kill you.
When I PK sometimes I roleplay,sometimes I don't.
And I have been in Samurai for a while.
I don't like that we have thanatos here.

ZanderX
02-25-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Selzar
Shut up Locke,

Is he listed under "Enemy"?

If not, it's not usually smart to attack someone who is neutral.

Zurkiba
02-25-2003, 05:35 PM
2k2 isn't ever going to be a center for RPing... get over it.

All you do on 2k2 is gain levels and kill people. I dont see why people play 2k2 really =x

Locke_boy
02-25-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

All you do on 2k2 is gain levels and kill people. I dont see why people play 2k2 really =x

That's nothing more than your opinion. All that's needed are stricter kingdom leaders..

Locke_boy
02-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Selzar
Shut up Locke,

You attack me when I am on-tag. Not allowed.

As far as I've seen, you've NEVER RPed. A good example of your non-RPing was anU's event with the RoAM.

Kinatt
02-25-2003, 05:41 PM
I disagree zurkiba its all about rules and regulations, however there are few and leadership is poor for the most part.. badly organized and horribly laid out by the players.. I think if there was another vote for kingdom leaders and a democratic way to do it, it would be fine. Or have a way to vote out people in your guild maybe including the king. That way the leader can't be idiotic and be fine. I think if RPing were DRASTICALLY forced it would work however that is up to the kingdom itself, Forest does it, dustari does it, Zormite.. 1/2 way does it, Crescent pirates I HAVE NO IDEA, and samurai completely avoids the subject.

Zurkiba
02-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Kinatt
I disagree zurkiba its all about rules and regulations, however there are few and leadership is poor for the most part.. badly organized and horribly laid out by the players.. I think if there was another vote for kingdom leaders and a democratic way to do it, it would be fine. Or have a way to vote out people in your guild maybe including the king. That way the leader can't be idiotic and be fine. I think if RPing were DRASTICALLY forced it would work however that is up to the kingdom itself, Forest does it, dustari does it, Zormite.. 1/2 way does it, Crescent pirates I HAVE NO IDEA, and samurai completely avoids the subject.
2k1 RPing is better than 2k2 RPing because 2k2 RPing is what the King wants to do.

2k1 RPing is what the players want to do.

--Chris--
02-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Samurai has always been crap for rping, it isn't Boukon's fault but the sad thing is I doubt he would do anything about it. Also, Boukon likes powerful fighters in Samurai...he doesn't care if they can RP or not or if people complain about them which in my opinion makes him a poor leader.

Locke_boy
02-25-2003, 10:24 PM

2k1 RPing is better than 2k2 RPing because 2k2 RPing is what the King wants to do.

2k1 RPing is what the players want to do.

We get your point, you think GBM is better than GK .. so what are you doing on these forums? Trying to gain converts?

ZanderX
02-25-2003, 10:25 PM

2k2 RPing is what the King wants to do.

Which is what it should be, since this is a kingdom-centric, monarchial environment.

boukon_malisous
02-26-2003, 12:22 AM
First thing, what is RPing? Role playing.... what role are we supposed to take? what if we take the role of a power crazy/mad killing/uncontrollable man? Maybe everyone that is PKing is "role playing." Ever think of that? Role playing isnt just "Greetings sir, how are you?" that is POLITE "role playing" there may be more to role playing than you think. One more thing, you don't even lose much on death anymore and I let Selzar and Thanatos is because they are my friends and strong, good graal players. Maybe not good in what you think of as good, but I believe they are good.

busyrobot
02-26-2003, 12:56 AM
Maybe everyone that is PKing is "role playing."
Then they should do it on tag and suffer the consquences of their choice of RPing style. :D
If so, then it's fine.

Half of the fun of RPing is dealing with things ic, so if you have a problem with someone ic, you deal with it ic, you don't run ooc off tag and kill them ten times. So you can be a master-of-discipline-and-order Leader of the Knights on tag, and when some **** gets in your way, go off tag and kill them a dozen times? If so, that's just way too lame for words.

Well, one thing that is *really* bad RPing is to repeat-kill-to-drive-someone-to-quiting, but that's another issue.
On the topic of general PKing, I think when you get to be a high level, you have to sacrifice some anominity, in a 'RP'ish environment, you're not a renowned warrior who gets cornered and slaughtered by some nameless beggar in a tattered cloak.

Second, no one 'RP' dying, I no one says 'oh no I died on tag now I have to change my name and restart...'.

Third, there is no 'RP'ish way to stop Pkers, because you can at best kill them, and oooh, then they have to track you down from the last dock they were on or somthing.... capital punishment isn't what it used to be.

One side note: If someone goes off-tag, and tries to round up people to go and PK the heck out of the King they are supposed to be under, would the King be obligated to ignore the off-tag behavior when they go back on tag?

I say, of course not, if someone is *ruining your fun*, you don't have to make any concessions with the person. So if they are ruining someone elses, it the whole tag issue shouldn't be an inpenetrable shield of an excuse.

Locke_boy
02-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Very well put, Padren.

Zurkiba
02-26-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by boukon_malisous
First thing, what is RPing? Role playing.... what role are we supposed to take? what if we take the role of a power crazy/mad killing/uncontrollable man? Maybe everyone that is PKing is "role playing." Ever think of that? Role playing isnt just "Greetings sir, how are you?" that is POLITE "role playing" there may be more to role playing than you think. One more thing, you don't even lose much on death anymore and I let Selzar and Thanatos is because they are my friends and strong, good graal players. Maybe not good in what you think of as good, but I believe they are good.
Samurai has a set RPing guideline... You can altar it but
"We're all mindless PKers" isn't a good RP story for SAMURAI. PKing itself isn't RPing. RPing doesn't mean to be polite... RPing means to take on a role. Being a leader of a CIVILIZED nation does not mean you take lifes. Taking lifes isn't even RPing. Would you go out and kill someone just for fun? I doubt it. I'm sorry but if Samurai continues this then Boukon will be marked as the woarst leader of Samurai... and it will be the lowest time in Samurai History.

And I'm sure that when you PK, you die sometimes. So do you just pop up and keep fighting? I guess so.

I've allready submitted my idea of a Gold RP Administration Council to Stefan and I hopes he approves of it. If he does then Samurai is going to shape up or get out.

Kaiser2
02-26-2003, 02:24 AM
I could try out for RP Admin person, I know the rules, and I've RPed for quite a while (though I think Zurk is better ;-; )

Zurkiba
02-26-2003, 02:30 AM
I could try out for RP Admin person, I know the rules, and I've RPed for quite a while (though I think Zurk is better ;-; )
No... not Admin.
Council.

Absolute Power is Absolute Corruption. If there is a council of RP Admins, then it will mean that it wont be one single person dictating how Graal's RPing should be ran.

Kaiser2
02-26-2003, 03:17 AM
Yeah, good idea, and it can be RP-like, the tag would be like (Council of the Gods). And those members will decide when an RP event is necessary, and what should occur (like, which kingdoms will battle, or some quest for a sacred object or something, you know?) but not have complete control, players can still have their own events, but nothing major like "OMG WE MKS TEH DUSTARI FALLS DOWN CUZ WE ROX AD HERE ERE NONEOF THEM ON YO"

Zurkiba
02-26-2003, 05:49 AM
Yeah, good idea, and it can be RP-like, the tag would be like (Council of the Gods). And those members will decide when an RP event is necessary, and what should occur (like, which kingdoms will battle, or some quest for a sacred object or something, you know?) but not have complete control, players can still have their own events, but nothing major like "OMG WE MKS TEH DUSTARI FALLS DOWN CUZ WE ROX AD HERE ERE NONEOF THEM ON YO"
No... none of that. RP Admins have nothing to do with the acual RPing. They just moderate and make sure it runs right. They wont organize battles or anything.

But they can issue differnt RP events that are internal (T-Rexes come out to attack the citizens of Borea, etc).

And it's the Gold Role Playing Administration Committy... Meaning it will regulate RPing on both Gold Servers.

Kaiser2
02-26-2003, 06:47 AM
Good idea, though "Gold Role Playing Administration Committy" that operates on all Gold servers isn't a good idea, G2k1 already has Wryoko, a worthy RP Admin, and the RP development team.

--Chris--
02-26-2003, 07:51 AM
I'm sure "OMFG LIEK WTS **** LEL RUNN3R I R PWNZ U NUB LEL" is part of your agressive RPing too Boukon :)

Btw, Selzar is weak =p

Kaiser2
02-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Boukon is cool, I have some pictures of him trapped in a barrel though, if anyone cares for a laugh

GreTheMage
02-26-2003, 10:59 PM
I care for a laugh :D

Kaiser2
02-27-2003, 03:10 AM
Just gimme your e-mail address, I also have Jin trapped in a Barrel with Boukon XD I did it cuz they trapped me first XD

MilkyWay0016
02-28-2003, 10:40 PM
::Reads title::
Thanks for the news flash ;)

Heh, well, I agree with you.

Locke_boy
02-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016
::Reads title::
Thanks for the news flash ;)

Heh, well, I agree with you.

:grin:

TerrorBite
02-28-2003, 11:34 PM
::shakes head:: I cannot believe that the once respected samurai nation has become so corrupted and sleezy. I guess this is what happens when you try to help others when they are new and then they gain power, somehow, and make a mess of things. Anyways... gah to have a kingdom that will have order you must have someone leading the kingdom that has a strong will and a rational mind. A person who you can just address as King or Shogun without hesitation. That is the way I saw rping in kingdoms... not this mindless buddy up and kill people because "I don't like you". People would be kicked and banned from a kingdom for just stealing something in the days that I remember.. now if you kill someone you are just a person expressing their rights...

Locke_boy
03-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Well put, Chibi ..

MilkyWay0016
03-01-2003, 04:04 AM
FYI, for all you people who like to go off tag and do stuff you can't on tag.

Yes, it is fair to be kicked out of a kingdom for it. Being in a kingdom isn't something you can just turn on/off, you agree to follow it's rules. Even when offtag, what you do still affects the kingdom's reputation. If you can't deal with that, obviousally you arn't responsible enough to be in a kingdom in the first place. Get that through your heads.

Mkay. That said, if 2k2 is going to be based on a MUD then it should at least go to certian lenghts to guarantee RPing.

Discharge
03-07-2003, 02:10 AM

I totally agree, the only good thing about Graal Kingdoms is its gfx.

We get your point, you think GBM is better than GK .. so what are you doing on these forums? Trying to gain converts?

So the fellas that control this game understand many (like myself) people are not pleased on how the game is going.

Kaiser2
03-07-2003, 03:22 AM
I don't like the current RPing, it should be one of the main focuses of Stefan and Co, besides alchemy items, GFX, event items, and other stuff.

Tseng
03-07-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by boukon_malisous
Maybe everyone that is PKing is "role playing."

Wow. No.

Kaiser2
03-07-2003, 04:54 AM
If they RP as a PKer, I RP as a person who thinks PKers should die, and I flame them all the time, and since I'm "in character" I can't get in trouble for it :]

Tseng
03-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Another great example of excellent samurai RPing =)

Look at his/her name.

Kaiser2
03-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Why, hello Keibi Tilda Exclamation mark At sign Underscore At sign Exclamation Mark Tilda of Samurai, how are you this fine day :)

JudgeDurst
03-14-2003, 12:09 AM
Maybe the kingdoms system could be changed so either it doesn't allow special symbols on tag or you have a set name?
just an idea dunno if that would work.

--Chris--
03-14-2003, 01:03 AM
That would suck Durst, they shouldn't be in the Kingdom period if they're dumb enough to do something like that e_e

JudgeDurst
03-14-2003, 01:18 AM
It's Worry x.x

I guess but... some people don't know any better and should be taught about RPing, rather than just be called dumb because they don't know something older players of the game do..

--Chris--
03-14-2003, 04:47 AM
I usually give an RP test before recruiting for Forest and if they fail, explain rping to them and let them join if their response isn't stupid.

example: OOC means out of character, you speak about anything and everything that ins't playing the role of your character nor rping and the same applies for your actions. - Me

so can i join, i no how 2 rp now K. and what does in character mean - Them.

JudgeDurst
03-14-2003, 06:10 PM
Yeah thats how i'd do it, if i could actually recruit x.x

Maybe somebody could set up a site or do a forum post with a guide to basic graal RPing, that'd help a lot =)

freak0102
03-15-2003, 07:41 AM
.. Pirates haven't been a problem ..

Last year, in fall, when DragonX and Ghost Pirate were pirates and went around PKing....Pirates' RPing was HORRIBLE! Do you not remember seeing every 5 seconds "DragonX has killed __", and in between those 5 seconds,seeing "GhostPirate has killed __", and then there were others who you would see every minute. Anyhow, I realize a pirate isn't such a nice guy anyways, but it doesn't mean he's a murderer who kills people with little fighting skills and a weak weapon (AKA by the Samurai: nubz). I agree with the whole thing about that Bouken guy being a horrible RPer, I don't know him much, but I noticed all those people with "malisous" or whatever it is in their names, and they're all people who just say "XD!" All the time. The worst RPing nations I've noticed are Samurai and pirates.

I was even interrupted while trying to read this post cause a samurai guy was following me around trying to kill me. The way I figure it, the RPing is horrible on GK right now. People have attitudes like "lol evry1 onl-E rpz drng btlz". The few people that can RP great do like RPing don't seem to have time to play often (like kamuii..he's the only king i've seen make an announcement to the kingdom, but i'm sure it's better than one from samurai,which consists of "LETZ PWN THOSE NUUUUUUUUUBZ! LELZ! 1337 PWNAGE TIME,GUYZ"), or the people who are on more often are on during different times of the day...basically,there isn't many good times for RP fun. I'm glad the guild CP is back though. With the guild CP around....all we have to remember is: If you you want things done right, do them yourself.

That's why me and some friends started our own RP group. Though it may be hard to have an RP group when many things are limited to kingdoms (like switching to battle mode and peacefull..and sometimes making houses...) and having a meeting place like a kingdom has a castle may be difficult. It really is better to have your own RP group (like become king or make your own), no matter how hard it is, if you really HATE the current state of RPing.

edit (a few hours after posting): the guy that was trying to PK me earlier,with a samurai tag and with the account DenoriZakarum is an idiot...he went after me and my friend while we were RPing and heading to a dungeon, so we just went into the water to avoid his horrible RPing actions.....and then he followed us and said something like "u 2 culdnt take me lol"...does samurai even CARE about RPing? -_- he even killed me while i was posting this,dont even know how,i was way out into the water too...according to people around,he used a bug of r/c'ing and standing on water....sorry for the long post,but i didnt wanna post again one after the other x_x

MilkyWay0016
03-16-2003, 06:04 AM
The reason 2k2 RPing is bad is becuase it isn't enforced.
I mean, sure the kingdom leaders can kick a member out.
But that person can always just go to another kingdom (see Samurai), and then there's still bad RPers.

DragonX
03-16-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by freak0102
Stuff

Wow, do you have an obsession with me or something? In mostly every post you make it has something to do with me, why is that? The past is the past, can't you get over it? I do not PK anymore because I am neutral with everyone. If someone hits me then I will hit them back...

Kaiser2
03-16-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016
The reason 2k2 RPing is bad is becuase it isn't enforced.
I mean, sure the kingdom leaders can kick a member out.
But that person can always just go to another kingdom (see Samurai), and then there's still bad RPers.

I suggest we have an RP council, similar to an RP Admin, but a group of them, so no one has full say in what is RPing and what is not.

freak0102
03-16-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by DragonX

Wow, do you have an obsession with me or something? In mostly every post you make it has something to do with me, why is that? The past is the past, can't you get over it? I do not PK anymore because I am neutral with everyone. If someone hits me then I will hit them back...

Don't worry, I don't even like you, I won't obsess over you ;) You weren't even the main subject of my thread. My point was that people ruin the RPing environment, or just stop one from being present, not that your barb has 200charm in my eyes, that's for my other post :p

DragonX
03-16-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by freak0102

Don't worry, I don't even like you, I won't obsess over you ;) You weren't even the main subject of my thread. My point was that people ruin the RPing environment, or just stop one from being present, not that your barb has 200charm in my eyes, that's for my other post :p

Then stop posting crap about me, I'm tired of it. I don't have 200 charm, you can't even go above 30 charm. I buy stuff because I have the money for it and I keep my finances in check. If you are smart with money, you will have more money, if you are a fool who spends money on everything, you will be poor.

Edit: Also using someone else's account to post is ILLEGAL so you should stop doing that :]

Kaiser2
03-16-2003, 07:42 AM
He means 200 charm, as in you're so charming that it makes him obsess over you :O

Amagius
03-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Not to sound like a fanatic, but it's obvious why GK doesn't prosper in RPing. It's reasons are subtle, yet obvious at the same time.

A.) We waste too much time on our own agenda's now. Back then, in G2k1, there wasn't a constant leveling, so RPing made good sense, and was fun. our time is 95% us, and 5%RP because we don't need RPing. It's now just memories, because we can get what we want now.

B.) The Kingdom Islands don't hold much, under-populated, and to hard to reach. Because of our own agendas, we are thrown all over the place, and we barely travel together. We see no reason to go to the KI's because we cannot continue in our materialistic ways there.

C.) It's become TOO realistic. The harshness of life has not helped, but hindered. Contradictions cross. We have to have food stocked-piled, but we are alchemists, We have to eat regularly, unless we pray to Bile, except we are White Mages, BUT we are Pirates.

Discharge
03-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Not to mention they keep adding useless games. I really wish I knew who is the smart guy that keeps adding lame card games instead of adding new cloths or something.

But really, the game is stupid and I don't even play it anymore. The forums provide more entertainment then GK, hopefully with my complaints it can change. Hopefully.