PDA

View Full Version : N-pulse Review

Genesis
02-12-2003, 11:49 PM
I guess I never please u people but here is my 2nd review again im doing this for fun.

Ok this server is a community server as I could tell starting off once I checked out this playerworld I saw that there was no Stolen stuff and that I didn't lagg that much.Staff was helpfull too so good job n e ways on with the review.

Creativity - 8.5/10 - ok this server is great u start off and
you can tell ur in a nice server great managers great job I saw some new stuff I havenot seen on others servers and im preaty sure there will be more to come.

Storyline - 6/10 - You'r guys story line is not good u say ur suppose to be a hero and it's no where in the server so u guys didnot do so good on that.

Levels - 7/10 - Levels looked average but there not bad I didn't see no stolen levels such as houses ponds n e where so you guys got a plus on that keep it up. I also noticed that you guys are fixing up ur levels so keep it up and I couldn't see why more players would come to this server.

NPC's - 7/10 - Nice Warper saw other cool npc's but I seen when I was on alot of new weopons are beign made as of now so that's a good and some people that were on the testing team showed me some npc's and it looked great.

Quests - 9.5/10 - Wow that's all I have to say I love your guy's quest every single one looked like it took awhile to make In my opinon you guys have the best quests in the classic section so good job and can't wait to see more of ur new quest coming out in the future.

Overall score: 37/50

N-Pulse Status : Passed!

This server has great potential and alot of staff im sure you guy's could notch it up a bit and you guys should be fine.

PrinceDark
02-13-2003, 12:31 AM
I don't think you took the time to really review N-Pulse's current state. It seems as though the review you did was based on the post Tier Daal/N-Pulse merger era. N-Pulse has moved away from that time a long time ago.

That time N-Pulse was known as N-Pulse: Era of Darkness. It had that awkward storyline "Darkness has lost in the struggle for control, now the world seeks a true hero." You know the one people always asked why it needed a hero if evil is gone.
It's still on the server description, but the start message said that the playerworld is now geared towards entertainment.

Storyline should get default 7.5 since there is none.

There are some interesting npc's and it seems a lot is being worked on by Sage Chaozu and Zega.
There's not really a lot of staff. There are a lot of Events members, but N-Pulse lacks in other areas.

Some of the newer quests are quite nice, but I still don't like the older ones that were quite annoying with avoid the invisible warps or carry the pots to the door quests.

I know my grammar and spelling sucks, but Gen if you took your time it would be easier for me to comment on the stuff I don't understand in your posts. :(

Genesis
02-13-2003, 12:37 AM
thanks for ur opionon but I didnot see no where that its for entertainment I was just going what the description said.

You really think I did that bad?

SingleChance
02-13-2003, 12:47 AM
you can't make an accurate review of a server without spending a LOT of time on it...
pw reveiwers usually spend a few days reviewing a server before they actually post their reviews

Genesis
02-13-2003, 12:58 AM
I have been on N-pulse for the past 2 years getting on it regulary to check it out. You don't know anything Paradox u just say something that u believe is the truth.

SingleChance
02-13-2003, 01:00 AM
i didn't say that was the case with you man, stop putting words into my mouth, all i said was pw reviewers take days to review a server fully.
Get your facts straight.

Genesis
02-13-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by SingleChance
you can't make an accurate review of a server without spending a LOT of time on it...
pw reveiwers usually spend a few days reviewing a server before they actually post their reviews

I was assuming that you was talking about me.

ir1337
02-13-2003, 01:10 AM
Ok first off...

1 - You cant give an overall score, and tell if it passed or not, because It is already up.
2 - Reviews take approx. 1 week to review, and I saw like two of your reviews withen one week.
3 - Your grammar shows you wont fit for the job. - No offense.
4 - Also, one last thing. When you stated;

NPC's - 7/10 - Nice Warper saw other cool npc's but I seen when I was on alot of new weopons are beign made as of now so that's a good and some people that were on the testing team showed me some npc's and it looked great.

Not just one NPC shows the effort they put into there scripting. Personally this is my opinion, overall the server is good, has good managers, but yet It needs lot of development to be done!

Genesis
02-13-2003, 01:12 AM
it passed my review i never said it was going up or anything it's called a review it passed "my" review again it doesnot hurt the pw at all its just my oponion of the server.

TifaKhan
02-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by SingleChance

In that i totally agree, it would be like me going on Cynical and posting a review.
(I havent even been there for 1 second);)

Genesis
02-13-2003, 01:29 AM
ok ill say this again

I been playing Doomsday 3 months
N-pulse i been playing over 2 years

thats not one sec tifa.

JrTerrorist
02-13-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Genesis
Storyline - 6/10 - You'r guys story line is not good u say ur suppose to be a hero and it's no where in the server so u guys didnot do so good on that.

No storyline = 7.5

Genesis
02-13-2003, 03:17 AM
on the server description it says there storyline

JrTerrorist
02-13-2003, 03:41 AM
Darkness has lost in the struggle for control, now the world seeks a true hero.

That doesnt seem like a Storyline to me..
It seems like a hookphrase to make the player want to play the server.. but from Genesis' point of view.

It means:
HEER U CNA SPAR NOBYS ADN MAEK FRENDZ

To me it means:
Here you can spar people, pk, and make friends.

Now who is more civilized? :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------
OMG! Its Genesis with cussing! :O
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42710

Genesis
02-13-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by JrTerrorist

That doesnt seem like a Storyline to me..
It seems like a hookphrase to make the player want to play the server.. but from Genesis' point of view.

It means:
HEER U CNA SPAR NOBYS ADN MAEK FRENDZ

To me it means:
Here you can spar people, pk, and make friends.

Now who is more civilized? :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------
OMG! Its Genesis with cussing! :O
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42710

god u just proved ur self has someone stupid not only do u post pointless stuff but **** ur dumb where did u get it that i said anything about sparring or are u trying to look cool again since everyone at school makes fun of huh?

yea I think that's it.

JrTerrorist
02-13-2003, 04:57 AM
are u trying to look cool again since everyone at school makes fun of huh?

If you added grammar, replaced huh with you, and werent a complete ass. I'd find that funny.

Unfourtunately for you, ive got friends :]

Genesis
02-13-2003, 05:03 AM

If you added grammar, replaced huh with you, and werent a complete ass. I'd find that funny.

Unfourtunately for you, ive got friends :]

ok sense u want to be the grammer expert

its weren't

and its I've

and yea I do have friends?

that's why I'm not on the internet all day like someone I know

JrTerrorist
02-13-2003, 05:06 AM
*since *you *grammar

[B]and yea I do have friends?
Your not sure if you have friends? :eek:

Because of timezones im always on when your on, later in the evening for me. Silly nerd, Trix are for kids.

Genesis
02-13-2003, 05:09 AM
did i ever say I was a grammer expert

no

Mustang1988
02-13-2003, 05:15 AM

its weren't

and its I've

and yea I do have friends?

Okay, since you want to mock him, I will mock you. :)

"ok" should be "OK".
There should be a comma after "ok".
"sense" should be "since."
"u" should be "you."
"grammer" should be "grammar."
Should have a period after "expert".
"its" should be "it's."
Should only have one space between "its" and "weren't".
Should have a comma after "weren't".
"its" should be "it's."
Should have a comma after "I've".
"yea" is not a word, but if it was, it would have a comma after it.
Unless you were going for sarcasm (which if it were, it would not be a very good try), there should be a period after "friends," not a question mark.
"that's" should be capitalized.
Technically, "internet" should be capitalized, but I'll let that one pass.
Could use a comma after "all day".
Should have a period after "know".

Oh, and by the way: How do you know he is on the internet all day? Or was that another attempt at sarcasm? :eek:

Ok, I'm done. :)

JrTerrorist
02-13-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Mustang1988

Okay, since you want to mock him, I will mock you. :)

"ok" should be "OK".
There should be a comma after "ok".
"sense" should be "since."
"u" should be "you."
"grammer" should be "grammar."
Should have a period after "expert".
"its" should be "it's."
Should only have one space between "its" and "weren't".
Should have a comma after "weren't".
"its" should be "it's."
Should have a comma after "I've".
"yea" is not a word, but if it was, it would have a comma after it.
Unless you were going for sarcasm (which if it were, it would not be a very good try), there should be a period after "friends," not a question mark.
"that's" should be capitalized.
Technically, "internet" should be capitalized, but I'll let that one pass.
Could use a comma after "all day".
Should have a period after "know".

Oh, and by the way: How do you know he is on the internet all day? Or was that another attempt at sarcasm? :eek:

Ok, I'm done. :)
All I can say is, OWNED

Darlene159
02-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Grrr, people argue too much about pointless things...

First of all, Genesis...we dont have a story line, and havent for a long time, I dont want one either

You are right about it being a "community" server

Creativity....Our creativity is running a little low right now, but is picking up slowly as we make new stuff, our onlinestartlocal is nice though :D

Levels...I agree here, our levels are average, could be better, and we are fixing them up, and to my knowledge there are no stolen anything on npulse

NPC's....lets face it, most of our npc's suck, they have been on npulse for ages, our warper is nice, and easy to use...grenades are good, and a couple of others are good, but the npc's need to be revamped

Quests....I agree here too, I am happy with our quests, but there is one or 2 I would like to modify some because of very very annoying parts in them

Also, as for us having alot of staff, unfortunately, that is in-correct, we dont (especially Events)...but we are working very hard on it

TifaKhan
02-13-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Darlene159
Grrr, people argue too much about pointless things...

First of all, Genesis...we dont have a story line, and havent for a long time, I dont want one either

You are right about it being a "community" server

Creativity....Our creativity is running a little low right now, but is picking up slowly as we make new stuff, our onlinestartlocal is nice though :D

Levels...I agree here, our levels are average, could be better, and we are fixing them up, and to my knowledge there are no stolen anything on npulse

NPC's....lets face it, most of our npc's suck, they have been on npulse for ages, our warper is nice, and easy to use...grenades are good, and a couple of others are good, but the npc's need to be revamped

Quests....I agree here too, I am happy with our quests, but there is one or 2 I would like to modify some because of very very annoying parts in them

Also, as for us having alot of staff, unfortunately, that is in-correct, we dont (especially Events)...but we are working very hard on it

Same on Doomsday, good staff are getting harder to find as Moon Goddess and i have often said.
And we both try our best. Even to the effect we end up doing work ourselves, instead of waiting for someone else too.

JrTerrorist
02-13-2003, 08:43 AM
Good staff are hard to come by, bad staff are easy to find.
O.o sounds like any game.

PrinceDark
02-14-2003, 02:19 AM
I notice that people that can script really good, make any type of level, or make great graphics are usually very good and knows how hard it is to become great at what they do, and appreciate the good work they and others do are the good staff members. The ones that do nothing like GP's, FAQ's, and Events Team, and people that steal levels/scripts and claim as their own are the one's that are usually bad.

There are some exceptions though.

TifaKhan
02-14-2003, 03:15 AM
Good staff are hard to come by, bad staff are easy to find.
O.o sounds like any game.

so true, its the script stealing,lying,illegal npc making ones i dislike.(who then resort to name calling when their caught)

JrTerrorist
02-14-2003, 10:12 PM
I posted this a while back.. but someone was applying for an NAT Position on Everworld. So I said to send me their best scripts..

They sent me the NP Bat, SK's Hookshot, and the old UN Turntable :rolleyes:

I just laughed at them .. told them I knew the scripts were stolen. And I was blocked :megaeek:

----------

But ive noticed one thing,
the PW's with good managers (such as NP, DD, Mal, and Cynical) seem to have better staff, because the Managers are more picky and only take the more experienced.. however the p2p movement made us lose a LOT of experienced designers.. so we have to wait for all the newbie's to develop average skills in the 4 main fields of graal development. Graphics, Levels, Scripts, and Sounds/Ganis.

Milkdude99
02-14-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by PrinceDark
I notice that people that can script really good, make any type of level, or make great graphics are usually very good and knows how hard it is to become great at what they do, and appreciate the good work they and others do are the good staff members. The ones that do nothing like GP's, FAQ's, and Events Team, and people that steal levels/scripts and claim as their own are the one's that are usually bad.

There are some exceptions though. I wouldn't say GPs FAQ and ETs do nothing :\ . True they may not be directly tied to development but the server needs them for what they do. They do play an important part in the existence of a PW. The high ranking Events people are supposed to be able to make and create new events and Games but we cannot seem to find the right person for the job as of yet. So the high Events people we have now are more of a glorified Events person than what they are supposed to be. :\ Npulse has not had a storyline since Geo left the server to us almost 2 years ago, as far as what is listed on the server list of Graal when you open it, that is controlled by Unixmad and took us over a year just to get the site changed. Npulse does not have nor will have a storyline.

Spark910
02-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Fact is, they cant do good reviews as theya re not being set every level and NPC thus they can not see it all!

PrinceDark
02-14-2003, 11:26 PM
No MG, what i meant was the ones that are hardly ever on or never comes on and seeks power.

Sort of like what i had to deal with 10 minutes ago when this LAT on Frolic goes on a rampage insulting all the other LAT's. The guy logged on for like the first time since he was hired 2/3 weeks ago, and has done nothing since he was hired, and probably will continue to do nothing.
Knowing me I argued with him until he got mad and left. If I fire him I'll be called corrupt (note i didn't hire him). X.x
I think I'll let Knuckles or slp deal with him.

JrTerrorist
02-15-2003, 01:16 AM
I'd have fired him right then :mad:

Milkdude99
02-15-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by PrinceDark
No MG, what i meant was the ones that are hardly ever on or never comes on and seeks power.

Sort of like what i had to deal with 10 minutes ago when this LAT on Frolic goes on a rampage insulting all the other LAT's. The guy logged on for like the first time since he was hired 2/3 weeks ago, and has done nothing since he was hired, and probably will continue to do nothing.
Knowing me I argued with him until he got mad and left. If I fire him I'll be called corrupt (note i didn't hire him). X.x
I think I'll let Knuckles or slp deal with him. I agree with you on both parts of your post.

JrTerrorist
02-15-2003, 07:56 AM
I hate that!!
You dislike the person but if you fire them they'll make a big scene and make you look like the bad guy :\