PDA

View Full Version : a weapon idea

draco5432
02-10-2003, 06:53 AM
Something that would be cool is like a scepter or something, so priests and wizards can attack and also cast spells...sounds dumb but hey it might be a great weapon for dustari to have.

magicbud3344
02-11-2003, 01:34 AM
it would be nice if they had stats of a good weapons too!

LordZen
02-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately, thats not possible. I know from the experience I had with stefan trying to add stats and things to the zormite wand. It turns out that wands used for casting magic is not considered "equipment" persay by the scripting, and its not considered a "cloth" like talismans and robes are..so because of this the magic casting tools can only be that: magic casting tools.

You cant add stats to them and it would not be impossible to create an item which could be part of both worlds since the system is not scripted that way. I know it sucks..but its life. :( my zormite wand almost had AC+1 and Magic+1, but Stefan couldnt make it work and then realized why.

busyrobot
02-12-2003, 01:33 AM
I think Dustari should have a fancy sword for a special weapon, as that is the kingdom's symbol.

Either a nice lightwieght (and fast) blade, that is modeled after the shape of the icon in the Kingdom's window, or a good two-handed sword that doesn't let you use a shield or something.

If the second, it would be nice if while you are swinging the blade your AC drops by one, because a large sword in motion does greatly make you harder to hit.

draco5432
02-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Stefan has found problems in scripting before, why not now :D

ZanderX
02-12-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by busyrobot
I think Dustari should have a fancy sword for a special weapon, as that is the kingdom's symbol.

Either a nice lightwieght (and fast) blade, that is modeled after the shape of the icon in the Kingdom's window, or a good two-handed sword that doesn't let you use a shield or something.

If the second, it would be nice if while you are swinging the blade your AC drops by one, because a large sword in motion does greatly make you harder to hit.

I'd prefer something on the more balanced side.

Say, oh, I don't know...a hand and a half...

Locke_boy
02-12-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by draco5432
Stefan has found problems in scripting before, why not now :D

Yes .. why can't it just be changed? Yeesh, if it would require a ton of work to do, then give it to me, and I'll figure it out. :o

magicbud3344
02-13-2003, 01:40 AM
as long as it hat 9+ attack like the other kingdoms or zormite blade O;

Megamaniac
02-13-2003, 01:49 AM
when in doubt do the can can! *spamalicious*

LilNiglet
02-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
it would be nice if they had stats of a good weapons too!

yes, lets add bunny bands, red potions, and swordmaces woo

dammit, don't steal art. :(

magicbud3344
02-14-2003, 03:47 AM
jesus tupper, it was just a example, i didn't say
PLEASE COPY THIS ART I TOOK FROM RO AND PUT IT INTO GRAAL
it was just to support the idea and the look structure of the item, and also i didn't say THIS ART IS MINE meaning i didn't steal it

draco5432
02-14-2003, 06:48 AM
Geno i have a real problem with you from stealing my stuff. Grr:grrr:

magicbud3344
02-14-2003, 07:17 AM
all lies, i don't play 2k2 any more

Kaiser2
03-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot

Every kingdom should have a weapon like that, Zormite can hit people with clams, Pirates with Bones, Samurai with helmets, and Forest with Branches :D

-Axel-
03-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by LilNiglet

yes, lets add bunny bands, red potions, and swordmaces woo

dammit, don't steal art. :(

I was going to say that.. :(

Anyway, I think we need some sort of a weapon, no matter what class it would benefit.