PDA

View Full Version : bounty script help

vahn32
02-06-2003, 01:02 AM
i dunno if this is a no0bit scripter question or not, but i kinda need to know this for my bounty hunter script to work. i need the flag for: if the player kills another player, and that players acct name is equal to a variable... it may sound kinda no0bish but i dont know how to do it X.x

tlf288
02-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Use triggeraction to send the players account in a paramater serverside.

vahn32
02-06-2003, 01:08 AM
whats that mean? lol as i said im not very good at those kinda things....

edit: i dunno if i shouldve posted here or Era boards, so i posted here, but to let u know its for era so i dunno what action they use when you die or anything like that. X.x

Spark910
02-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Ask them if they have any different way of dying, also it will be too hard if you cant test it with NC or either way i think your out of you league. Also someone else was working on Bounty Hunter :( Not for era, but another PW!

Skyld
02-06-2003, 09:36 PM
If when you set up the bounty use something like
with (getplayer(<whoever it is>)) {
addweapon -Bountysystem;
}

and then in the -Bountysystem weapon (- noting that it is a hdden weapon to the player) use something like this:

if (playerdies) {
triggeraction 0,0,bounty,bountied,#a;
}

and then back in the bounty script, use something like
if (actionbounty) {
if (strequals(#p(0),bountied)) {
message #p(1) was killed on Bounty!;
with (getplayer(#p(1))) {
removeweapon -Bountysystem;
}
}
}

It's a simple basis like that. Yet this is me scripting so it probably won't work.

vahn32
02-06-2003, 11:16 PM
ok, i see whatcha mean, it would be eaiser that way too. all i need is for them to set up a gloabal npc like that. thanks guys!
and for that comment on way outta my league.... i know what i do, and i know how to do it, but i suck at it
(if you know what that means, tell me and win a pixel!)

HoudiniMan
02-08-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by vahn32
ok, i see whatcha mean, it would be eaiser that way too. all i need is for them to set up a gloabal npc like that. thanks guys!
and for that comment on way outta my league.... i know what i do, and i know how to do it, but i suck at it
(if you know what that means, tell me and win a pixel!)

I hope you meant server-wide npc...?

There's no such thing as a global npc