PDA

View Full Version : Magic involved ranks

relenakat
02-05-2003, 05:56 AM
This has started to bother me, and was halfway one of the reasons I restarted. Why is it I see about maybe, one or two magicly involved people? Sab Sagato used to be a Sorcerer, but changed to a soldier. This really does bother me, if you look at any other kingdom like Zormite, you'll see alot of different ranks, not just one physically type involved rank such as, Soldier, Swordsman, etc.

Thank you, for allowing me to bring this up. :o Now I don't have to bother my friends about it anymore, and by the way, none of this is meant to be offensive to anyone. It just bugs the whole heck out of me.

MasterNuke
02-05-2003, 06:43 AM
An immense amount of ranks gets complicated and most of the time we only had like 7 of the 40+ ranks actually used...

Zurkiba
02-05-2003, 02:50 PM
I like the 25 rank system we had on 2k1... It was simple.

But all ranks do is lead to a power struggle. And it's harder for the leader... every day you'd get "CAN I GET A PROMOTION" from like ten differnt people.

Personally I dont like the Zormite system of ranks. I dont believe in rank corrosponding to level. Because for one, when I was level five I was owning the level six, sevens, and eights.
Their system also doesn't show leadership abilities. When Zormite had a billion members... their top ranked people didn't know diddly-squat about RPing =x

So personally, I hope Dustari doesn't go to that system.

Tseng
02-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Somewhere along the line, people forgot that the kingdoms are supposed to be about RPing. It's high time they were reminded.

Levels should play a small role in determining kingdom rank, but RP ability/loyalty/etc should be more important.

As for the ranks, we're re-instating the graal2001 ranks, with minor modifications as well as the addition of a naval branch.

Zurkiba
02-05-2003, 07:26 PM
No need for Navy Ranks I say. When I was training my Navy they were trained as Ampibious Warriors. So if a Naval war is to break out... all of Dustari would be in it.

But it would be nice to have a patrol.

Evil_Lord_Sparda
02-05-2003, 07:39 PM
I agree with zurk

zell12
02-05-2003, 07:52 PM
You do need a few Admerals and Captains to be helmsmen.

Zurkiba
02-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by zell12
You do need a few Admerals and Captains to be helmsmen.
Admirals... No we dont need them.

LOA--Paul
02-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Personally I dont like the Zormite system of ranks. I dont believe in rank corrosponding to level. Because for one, when I was level five I was owning the level six, sevens, and eights.
Their system also doesn't show leadership abilities. When Zormite had a billion members... their top ranked people didn't know diddly-squat about RPing =x

Navy Ranks go by merit rather than levelling ;o