PDA

View Full Version : Be Prepared!!

Mr. Bear
03-22-2001, 02:30 AM
I will be recieving FTP and new file acess that I never had before. Get ready to see some drastic changes within thy graphic department...

=D

Lycia
03-22-2001, 03:41 AM
Like what?

03-22-2001, 03:55 AM
Like baloons everywhere and happy bouncy colorful bear world.

freddyfox
03-22-2001, 04:14 AM
Bad language is non winner =(

And Bear, no more balloons. You crashed my computer the last time with your balloons.

Lycia
03-22-2001, 01:54 PM
I didn't lag that bad.

HiryuuX
03-22-2001, 02:05 PM
Bad language is fine as long as it isn't on the boards =/. I'm not going to yell at Mr. TrueHearT though!

Mr. Bear
03-23-2001, 02:22 AM
HOW ABOUT NO MORE ANIME ON GRAAL =).

Head1000 isn't the best head to but zorro made it head 1000.

Time to start cleaning up these heads. Have Any Suggestions? Email Me At: [email protected]

Lycia
03-23-2001, 02:47 AM
Do not remove head652.gif plis. :(

HiryuuX
03-23-2001, 03:23 AM
I think the Fung Si Yan head should have "Newbie" printed on his face like the cheater head :P.

freddyfox
03-23-2001, 04:15 AM
Get rid of head 1000.
IT SI NOON [email protected]@@!

Pago
03-23-2001, 05:06 AM
Ugh... these heads should at least follow the same style as the first ten. Kind of a simple cartoonish style, which of course, head1000 doesn't follow and should be deleted. Graal is a game that's very "alive", and head1000 reminds me of a dead freaking fish. :rolleyes: So, we should delete that head, hold a new contest, and not judge the entries on how well they're shaded or how realistic they look. Because I really don't want to see realism on Graal.

Tyhm
03-23-2001, 11:36 AM
You guys are always up in arms about recolors...you say it's uncreative, I say it's freaking ESSENTIAL.
I mean, take Ninji Castle. Bunch of guys all looking exactly the same, because at the time they put it up, there WERE no Ninji Recolors. Later, the white bandana recolor and the scarred recolor and the AznAndy recolor and all that got up, it got a bit better, but they had to use a totally unrelated desert-guy head for their elite guards.
Same thing goes for a lot of things. If there were no recolors of the Judge head, there would be no Bruges! No Brugites! Then what would the LAT Uniform be?
Head recolors are veeery important if you're gonna make a village, and you want everyone to look basically the same with SOME variation...or if you just want a different look.
Granted, there are exceptions. That whole series of albino lizard girls with different colored hair, for example...if you're gonna recolor a head, recolor a GOOD one, like the Peach head...
That's become the standard in female heads. If you want a head just like that, but with blue hair, you're set...

Asuka
03-23-2001, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
You guys are always up in arms about recolors...you say it's uncreative, I say it's freaking ESSENTIAL.
I mean, take Ninji Castle. Bunch of guys all looking exactly the same, because at the time they put it up, there WERE no Ninji Recolors. Later, the white bandana recolor and the scarred recolor and the AznAndy recolor and all that got up, it got a bit better, but they had to use a totally unrelated desert-guy head for their elite guards.
Same thing goes for a lot of things. If there were no recolors of the Judge head, there would be no Bruges! No Brugites! Then what would the LAT Uniform be?
Head recolors are veeery important if you're gonna make a village, and you want everyone to look basically the same with SOME variation...or if you just want a different look.
Granted, there are exceptions. That whole series of albino lizard girls with different colored hair, for example...if you're gonna recolor a head, recolor a GOOD one, like the Peach head...
That's become the standard in female heads. If you want a head just like that, but with blue hair, you're set...

Tyhm brings up a good point. How about instead of rejecting new colored heads you just take them and the person who made the original gets the credit.

Fai
03-23-2001, 07:46 PM
GET RID OF STUPID STUPID DUMB ANNOYING NUMBERS IN HEADS.

I could understand it when there were like 100 heads, but now there are way over 1000 so it's really hard to find a head.

freddyfox
03-23-2001, 10:22 PM
*Cough* So that's EXACTLY why a sword I did not re-color that I made originally got rejected the for being a re-color, right?

Mr. Bear
03-24-2001, 02:10 AM
I did not pick the winner for head1000.gif. If I re-did the contest zorro might get a little upset so unless he okays it I can't do anything about that. I really don't know if there is a big reaons why we use #'s. I think the main point is to keep the head's organized. Galen and I have decided that the contest winners will be able to pick (1) head that they want to be personally named. In the recent weeks i have noticed not to many people like getting involved in the contest so in the next few days we will be thinking up some new prizes and advantages to wining. About the recolors...... I agree with tyhm BUT I do not agree with stealing someones work if you just a regular graal player. Go out on a limb and make your on graphics. I DO and will continue to accept recolors from staff if its reasonable (EX. LAT). I see no point in need a recolor if your just a graal player. Many of the excuses I recieve are "I NEED THIS HEAD TO MATCH MY CLOTHES ON GRAAL". I'm sorry but if everyone on graal needed The heads to match their own clothes on graal there would be chaos. So recolors will be accepted if a majority thinks it should be done. AS for people using the excuse "BUT THIS HEAD IS RECOLORED WHY CAN'T MINE BE", Those heads that are recolors are there for a reason either (LAT) uses them or A majority do use them.

Hmm.. What else........ Oh yeah in a week I will be receiving file manager access as well as FTP access. This is going to help greatly because new options will allow me to Delete, Rename, Replace, Move, Download, Upload graphics. So I will take extra time to go through everyone's suggestions because now I have the option of doing something about it.

Thanks,
Michael

Lycia
03-24-2001, 02:46 AM
Well, I say that if you want to recolor a head, find out who the owner is, and ask them permission and then when you apply, mention that the creator of the head allowed you to do it, then the graphics despartment can e-mail the owner, inquiring as to if its okay or not, then its accepted or rejected based upon what the creator says.

Sometimes the creator doesn't want his/her stuff recolored. I think thats their right. Its their graphic.

Mr. Bear
03-24-2001, 03:42 AM
Exactly. =)

K-Dawg
03-24-2001, 03:53 AM
Gozen:Actually its Property of Graal Online,it says that when you submit stuff

Lycia
03-24-2001, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by K-Dawg
Gozen:Actually its Property of Graal Online,it says that when you submit stuff

It is, actually. Even if you copyright the graphic under your own company, once you submit it to Graal Online, your ownership of it is then transfered to Graal Online and YOUR ownership becomes null.

03-26-2001, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm

I agree completely. Oh, and the sleep koji head (god that's the best head in the game) needs to be added.

grim_squeaker_x
03-26-2001, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT

I agree completely. Oh, and the sleep koji head (god that's the best head in the game) needs to be added.

Yeah I need it for a sleeping NPC.

spanky7124
04-02-2001, 09:11 AM
Dont ask y im posting here since i suck at gfx but i think that we should have a bunch of ganis like running and have a marathon!

milotheman
04-22-2001, 09:17 AM
I think Bear is awsome (im not just saying this to kiss up, im saying this cause i nkow him personly)