PDA

View Full Version : The People's Republic of Dustari

Zurkiba
02-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Rough Draft v1.0
Zurkiba Warhare - Elder of Dustari, Former Duke, Former Admiral

I. The Government
The Government would be a Republic. There are three offices which can be held. The Kingship, The Dictatorship, and The Senate.

-The Kingship is the main leader of the kingdom elected every term-end. This person has absolute power over the kingdom and can govern it how ever he/she wishes. This person can make laws, enforce them, and remove laws. This person can not wage war, but may bring peace or an allaince. This person is in charge of foreign diplomacy.

-The Dictator holds no real power. This is a person who does not govern the state nor has any part in it. The Dictator can only take control after a poll has been made in which the citizens vote on if they want the dictator to come into office or not. The Dictator can only be summoned during a time of crisist or war. And when that event is done, the Dictator must resign.

-The Senate is the represenation of the people. They have the right to veto laws and declare war. They can advise the King, but other than that... they have no true power. The Senate does help to govern their province. They can give their power to the King/Dictator during a time of war or crisist... of if they just like the King.

-The Admin is the person who runs the elections and such. This person is given another rank title and this person is in charge of organizing the polls, counting the votes, and giving the new king his/her new rights. This person has no power in government other than to moderate the election process.

II. Terms
One term is equal to one month. There is no limit on how long a person can rule term-wise. The people can keep who they want for as long as they want. If a Dictator is summoned during a time of war... and the war lasts through a term, then the current king gets to govern in that new term without a poll. The polls are closed during a war or when the dictator is in office. So as long as the polls are closed, the king stays in office. If a person wins six months in office... then the polls stay closed unless 25% of the citizens want the polls to open up again.

III. Provinces
There are three main provinces. They are all equal in size... one on the north, the other with the capital, and the third on the east. I personally will give up 50% of my land in the north to the government of the northern province. The leaders of the provinces are the Dukes and the co-leaders are the Senators.
The Dukes are appointed by the king once elected in.

IV. The Army
The Army is controlled by the king, the senate, and the general. All three branches that I've stated have total control over the army and they can attack when and where they want as long as war has been declared. War does not have to be declared if the attacks are in common defense of Dustari.

V. The Election Process
If you wish to run for King then you must pay a price of 200 platinum for the kingdom's treasury. This is to limit the number of people running and to increase the funds. You must submit your applacation to the Admin one week before election day to be put on the polls and be enrolled in the debates and such.
---------------------
This system would work for Dustari if we put the right people as the leaders and the Admin. It will make it so that the people can choose who they want to lead them, and it will let them govern themselves.

There is no government if the people do not follow it... otherwise it's just an idea.

sageofthehalo
02-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Ok, its a well thought out a good idea, but waay to confusing, this isnt real life. I mean it isnt confusing to me, to other it might be though. And like I said before, and I will say now because of the quote below, people will stoop to levels of bribery and such just to be king! I still think a monarchy is the best, but maybe other kingdoms like this idea.

"If you wish to run for King then you must pay a price of 200 platinum for the kingdom's treasury. "

Zurkiba
02-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by sageofthehalo
Ok, its a well thought out a good idea, but waay to confusing, this isnt real life. I mean it isnt confusing to me, to other it might be though. And like I said before, and I will say now because of the quote below, people will stoop to levels of bribery and such just to be king! I still think a monarchy is the best, but maybe other kingdoms like this idea.

"If you wish to run for King then you must pay a price of 200 platinum for the kingdom's treasury. "
And people will bribe to be the Prince by your system...

I bribed to be the Duke of Dustari... you just cant stop it. But that is why we have terms.

The Republic is much better than the Monarchy because lets say King A quits and leaves it to King B... King B is a jackass and doesn't know what the hell he's doing...

The people cant do anything about that unless if you want Dustari to be the 2k1 Zormite where a rebellion happened every few seconds and a new king came to power. What are we supposed to do? Have a rebellion each time a king comes into power? Or should we be able to choose who we want to lead us?

The quote you stated is not a thing of bribery... it's a tax made to increase funds and to rally supporters.

Googi
02-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Make it higher than 200 platinum, otherwise you'll have the same problem as we have in Toronto where 239847234 people with no political experience run for mayor "just because" even though they know nobody will vote for them.

ZanderX
02-03-2003, 09:28 PM
UGH.

MilkyWay0016
02-05-2003, 04:38 AM
Zurkiba's Thing:
Sometimes you make me want to cry =(

The 200 plat thing:
Woohoo! This way, only the RICH ones will get to be King!
Don't you realise money totally ruins politics? You have good people who you never hear about becuase they spend their money donating to charity and stuff, but everyone goes out and votes for some rich guy becuase he's plastered his add all over.

Googi
02-05-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX
UGH.

I don't see why you hate it so much. A republic is more fun for that average member of Dustari, and the purpose of Graal is amusment.

Originally posted by MilkyWay0016
The 200 plat thing:
Don't you realise money totally ruins politics? You have good people who you never hear about becuase they spend their money donating to charity and stuff, but everyone goes out and votes for some rich guy becuase he's plastered his add all over.

Well, you're right, but there has to be some way to make sure that you don't have 23984 people running for king.

Zurkiba
02-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016
Zurkiba's Thing:
Sometimes you make me want to cry =(

The 200 plat thing:
No, the 200 plat thing was set for two reasons
1) To reduce the number of people running
2) To gain support and to gain donators for your cause

If you can reach 200 plat through other people supporting you, then you've proven that you'll get some votes.