PDA

View Full Version : 'Ronin'

Kaimetsu
01-29-2003, 05:00 PM
A ronin is a samurai without a master, either because he was discharged from his position or voluntarily left it. This is not compatible with the idea of a kingdom. A ronin cannot be part of a kingdom; such a thing is a blatant contradiction. And yet I see multiple Samurai on Graal Kingdoms using this title :\

Jeff
01-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Very strongly agreed.

The only kingdom where a ronin would fit in at all would be the Pirates, I daresay. I believe they elect their governor, though there's usually only one candidate.

Holyblade_Owner
01-29-2003, 07:53 PM
I believe they elect their governor, though there's usually only one candidate.

hrm what do you mean by that?

Brad
01-30-2003, 12:34 AM
almost like saddam

Jeff
01-30-2003, 05:53 PM
I would have sworn there's an election involved....I'll ask the Governor next I see him.

Googi
01-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Holyblade_Owner
hrm what do you mean by that?

Well, it's no contest, everyone is going to vote for Ghost Pirate.

Jeff
01-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Googi

Well, it's no contest, everyone is going to vote for Ghost Pirate.

Well, actually Jagen is the governor now. Because he's a lot like Ghost Pirate, just without the vocabulary and quite the same sense of humor.

magicbud3344
01-30-2003, 09:22 PM
actully
ghost quit leaving the position to jagen
i also heard somthing about that Nate fellow "Holy_Bladeowner
being the govoner becuase i was asking stefan who it was and he said the account Holy_Bladeowner but then he also said Jagen so i don't know :O

kenyonandelliot
01-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Girum quit because he is losing his gold account time so they did an election. And the account name HolyBlade_Owner and Jadec were in the election. Though Jadec won.

Kaimetsu
01-31-2003, 05:00 PM
This discussion has wandered. Who is the current leader of Samurai?

graaliholic
01-31-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
This discussion has wandered. Who is the current leader of Samurai?

Boukon :o

feivel
02-01-2003, 12:23 AM
Let me attempt to clearthis up. I know very well a Ronin is a masterless samurai and that therefore a Ronin could not possibely be part of the kingdom. And that is exactly why i instituted the rank. People who wanted to join the kingdom were given a Ronin title. At this point they werent members of the kingdom yet, but have the samurai tag for communication purposes and roleplay purposes. (thos being that the person was now "living" on the samurai island, but not part of the military or government. When a clan decided to recruit this ronin, he would then be given a military rank.

Kaimetsu
02-01-2003, 01:00 PM
It seems strange, then, that ronins make up over half of the kingdom's population. Besides, a ronin is a person that has left his master, not somebody waiting to serve one.

feivel
02-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Im not in control anymore, therefore I have no clue why half the kingdom are Ronin. And as I said i know it doesnt make 100 percent sense for a person to be ranked as Ronin, but i needed soem sort of term and that wasthe best i could think of. And in my plan people who were Ronin werent samurai waiting to be assigned a master, they were just masterless samurai who had the tag for communications purposes and could be recruted by a clan. Also I am pretty sure you can be a ronin without leaving your master. A ronin could be a samurai who doesnt give his loyalty to the Shogun or any other Samurai. There is a slight chance im wrong, so if I am and you can prove it, please do so :D

Kinatt
02-05-2003, 12:36 AM
Peasant? Japanese people had Peasants. .. seems better than Ronin.. imo but thats just imo.