PDA

View Full Version : Spells :- what are these?

neomaximus2k2
01-29-2003, 04:21 AM
I have collected a few new spells but fail to see what it is that they do, could anyone assist?
Fear :-
Identity :-
Magic Mapping :-
Marking Rune :-
Town Portal :-

Shrimp Okonomiyaki
01-29-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by neomaximus2k2
I have collected a few new spells but fail to see what it is that they do, could anyone assist?
Fear :-
Identity :-
Magic Mapping :-
Marking Rune :-
Town Portal :-
Fear
Cost: 6 SP
Req. Level: 4
Path: Mind
Desc: This is a cone spell, invoking fear into your enemies.

Identify
Cost: 60 SP
Req. Level: 8
Path: Information
Desc: This spell identifies some items in your inventory - typically from 3-10, depending on caster level. Higher level = more items identified.

Magic Mapping - Disabled
Cost: 15 SP
Req. Level: 5
Path: Information
Desc: This spell is very useful. It shows the player a overlook map of the location where the players character is. ** You will need this spell in unknown areas! **

Marking Rune
Cost: 2 SP
Req. Level: 1
Path: Null
Desc: This rune is basically a sign. You may store any words you like in this rune, and people may apply it to read it. Maybe useful for mazes! This rune will not detonate, nor is it ordinarily invisible.

Town Portal - Disabled
Cost: 30 SP
Req. Level: 8
Path: Transferrance
Desc: This spell will create a magic portal from one point to another. It must be invoked two times, the first for "marking" a place, and the second (from another place) to open a magic portal to the "marked" point. This spell is useful when you have to go carry treasures to your home and then return to the same point of the map.

neomaximus2k2
01-29-2003, 02:22 PM
i thank thee but why is magic mapping and town portal dissabled, is it because they are buggy?

besides which i dont have the power to cast town portal, but magic mapping i do and it casts so does that mean it is now working?

Shrimp Okonomiyaki
01-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Not sure why they are disabled, could be because they are too buggy or maybe not made to work for graal yet.
About magic mapping, I haven't seen it work, some spells can be cast but do nothing at the moment. Maybe it was enabled after the new map system was released.

neomaximus2k2
01-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Shrimp Okonomiyaki
Not sure why they are disabled, could be because they are too buggy or maybe not made to work for graal yet.
About magic mapping, I haven't seen it work, some spells can be cast but do nothing at the moment. Maybe it was enabled after the new map system was released.

True True, i thank thee for the response.
I also have a lot mroe New magic's that i dont know what they do but may post it some other time.

Mista_Micro
02-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Do you happen to know what counterspell does? I was just wondering what it's powers are.

neomaximus2k2
02-02-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Mista_Micro
Do you happen to know what counterspell does? I was just wondering what it's powers are.
I think we worked that one out.

zell12
02-07-2003, 07:19 AM
Counterspell nulls out a section around you protecting you from another spell.

graaliholic
02-07-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Counterspell nulls out a section around you protecting you from another spell.

I need to find counterwall :)

neomaximus2k2
02-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by graaliholic

I need to find counterwall :)
is there a spell called
counter-****
or
counter-lamer

i really need those spells stefan should add them in :D

*pictures it now someone pestering me for an alchemy recipe, casts counter-**** and they get chased away by some ghost*
MUWHGAGAGAGGAGAGAGAGA

zell12
02-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Counterwall sets up a barrier seperating you from the spell.
Counterspell nulls out the spell in an area. I'll draw a diagram.

zell12
02-07-2003, 06:22 PM
nothing special, but you get my point.

graaliholic
02-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by zell12
Counterwall sets up a barrier seperating you from the spell.
Counterspell nulls out the spell in an area. I'll draw a diagram.

I know what they do, i just said i needed them :) well, anyone know what destruction does/supposed to do?

zell12
02-08-2003, 12:35 AM
You need to think hard to know what Destruction does. :rolleyes:

Locke_boy
02-14-2003, 02:10 AM
*Spell descriptions here*

Wow, that was rather detailed. Where'd you get that info ..? Just accumulate it as you went along, or did you find it somewhere (a book in the game, website, whatever)?

Shrimp Okonomiyaki
02-14-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Locke_boy

Wow, that was rather detailed. Where'd you get that info ..? Just accumulate it as you went along, or did you find it somewhere (a book in the game, website, whatever)?
Um, I figured it all out from the name? :rolleyes:

Locke_boy
02-14-2003, 09:37 PM

Um, I figured it all out from the name? :rolleyes:

Heh, well .. you don't know, some of them might work differently than you might think. I had thought of "Town Portal" as more of a spell that would transport you to the last town you were in.. ah, who knows .. we'll see when they're released..