PDA

View Full Version : patron gods

Warcaptain
01-18-2003, 11:48 PM
I think each kingdom should have a patron god.

On their island, they would have a temple for that god.

Where the members of the kingdom can go and pray.

The temple will give you a better chance of receiving blessings or gifts if you are in the kingdom they are patron to.

It would be alot better for the kingdom members to worship in their own kingdom.

And maybe if you add monsters to the kingdom, they might not even have to leave their island.

Paradiesapfel
01-19-2003, 02:47 AM
why do u write 2 or more threads?(i just found 2 yet)

draco5432
01-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Because he is <leet! and he has a point it would be nice to have our own gods on our kingdom islands!

Tyhm
01-19-2003, 11:11 PM
There are two ways you can go about this.
1) All kingdom gods are exactly the same. Kind of boring, but fair to everyone.
2) All kingdom gods are completely different. Makes it more interesting, but if Dustari get a Bile-like god and Forest gets bloody Diancecht...

I'm for it, provided that they're all exactly the same with the exception of damage types or something. No kingdomgod blesses +3 unless all kingdomgods do, no kingdomgod blesses with Death unless the other kingdomgods bless with something comparable...if say, Dustari bless Fire, Samurai bless Stone, Forest blesses Acid, Pirate blesses Ice, and Zormite blesses Ghosthit, that seems fair...all bless with fairly uncommon types that don't change dungeoning much and which armor exists to block. The richer Dustari can put on their anti-Acid rings, amulets, etc. for their battle against Forest - then oh no, they're jumped by the Samurai!

Warcaptain
01-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
There are two ways you can go about this.
1) All kingdom gods are exactly the same. Kind of boring, but fair to everyone.
2) All kingdom gods are completely different. Makes it more interesting, but if Dustari get a Bile-like god and Forest gets bloody Diancecht...

I'm for it, provided that they're all exactly the same with the exception of damage types or something. No kingdomgod blesses +3 unless all kingdomgods do, no kingdomgod blesses with Death unless the other kingdomgods bless with something comparable...if say, Dustari bless Fire, Samurai bless Stone, Forest blesses Acid, Pirate blesses Ice, and Zormite blesses Ghosthit, that seems fair...all bless with fairly uncommon types that don't change dungeoning much and which armor exists to block. The richer Dustari can put on their anti-Acid rings, amulets, etc. for their battle against Forest - then oh no, they're jumped by the Samurai!

Yes, I agree

Gods arent very balanced...

But some kingdoms have themes and such that a certain god can be encorporated in.

Like.... pirates would go well with that one demon god, i think its bile, since they are supposed to be vial people.

Samraui would go well with a god more involved with speed and stuff.
dustari would probably go better with lucretious since they are more mideval type people, and quick with sword (rp wise)
forest would go better with that mother nature god.
but i dont feel anyone should get ogma, as its a very big unfair advantage.

and the patorn god should have a higher chance of granting thigns if you are in that kingdom.
that way everyone can have balanced out things....

and if yuo wanted something like naginata of ogma +3 youd have to find a lone priest or something.....

but i feel we should have temples or something
or give people the ability to build temples

so like i could build a temple, and make myself the high priest of that temple, and get people to join me in that temple....

makes things more fun for priests

Tyhm
01-22-2003, 01:36 AM
Mother Nature God = The No Weapons God, so HELL NO.

But it'd be cool if you could improve altars. Donate 500 stone, 500 board, 1500 nails to improve it to a temple. Whoever donates the most is the high priest (double chances of getting good stuff/half time), but they'll be replaced if they don't keep up the donations. Temples keep expanding, from wild altar to small shrine (greekstyle) to large shrine (parthenon) to medium chapel (peaceful/battlemode) to sprawling cathedral (nice and gothic and levelspanning)...then they can start owning land and being kindomlike on their own, just like in mideival europe...

graaliholic
01-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Mother Nature God = The No Weapons God, so HELL NO.

You could go with Aengus, the elven god of luck :P

Zurkiba
01-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by graaliholic

You could go with Aengus, the elven god of luck :P
Aengus sucks...
Astri's patron god was Ogma :D

kenyonandelliot
02-04-2003, 05:47 AM
I got an idea. Kingdom Gods and Main Gods. You can have 2 gods and the god that mostly fits the kingdom or something. Will have that god as a second god. Also I like that idea of donated boards, stones, and nails. hehe I would give my left overs for my house if I have to. Also I got some le***ver stones and boards to repair my house. Yes the more stuff you donate it should improve your risks of getting spells and such.

I hope Stefan reads this. :D

Warcaptain
02-05-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Aengus sucks...
Astri's patron god was Ogma :D

no one should get ogma, especialy astri

they are pu-ssy forest people
get real

if anyone would get it, itd be dustari or pirates

but no one should, it gives too fair of an advantage