PDA

View Full Version : Novel (Assistence Please)

BlKnight
01-04-2003, 09:14 PM
I am thinking about writing a full fiction novel based on the history of this servers kingdoms. I know this sound silly but seriously you have to admit it would make a good book. Not for commercial distribution of course (so don't delete this thread). I have thought of four different methods of putting this story into words. Please help me decide.

Having the story told through the eyes of a single character, maybe real or just someone I can make up
This method would make the most sense, but would be the most difficult and would also have to be the msot distorted of what actually happened.

An ongoing (no breaks in time) story which switches views often or has certain chapters told by different people/groups
Enough said.

A collection of stories which collectivaly tell the story of the kingdom history
This would be easiest as I enjoy making unlinked third person stories. I could talk about the battles and important things while leaving out the boring parts. As well as having rp histories of certain characters and events not linked to the main story.

BlKnight
01-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Maybe an ongoing story where some chapters are written In a historic viewpoint and some parts are written in a slow rp viewpoint like my fall of astri story.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
01-04-2003, 10:53 PM
A collection of different stories, from the eyes of different characters in different kingdoms would probably be really neat. We tried doing that a while ago but the plan never went through

LordZen
01-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Yes I agree with aftershock, that method would be best.

I'd be happy to throw in my 2 cents for some parts of it as well :p

aylad
01-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Haha..... how much characterization do you want to do? If you drive yourself nuts, you can choose option #1, have a character VERY loyal to his own kingdom, but as he interacts with people from other kingdoms you get a clear sense that he's missing the facts....... ouch. Not even I would want to try that.

I vote #3. :)

feivel
01-07-2003, 05:51 AM
Anthology of different events told by different chracters etc like aftershock and the other dude voted for :P

MilkyWay0016
01-12-2003, 06:01 AM
Make me happy and write about me =)

Butz
01-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Number 3 would sound like the cool idea, but maybe if you try it, you should get others to write some of the other stories? That way, you'd be sure that the tone and writing style would seem different enough to be a different person telling the story, because it actually was.
But anyway, sounds like a cool idea. I was going to make like a little journal of my character's travels and observations of his time in the Kingdom Isles, but well, I don't have the time.
I wish you luck.

Kinatt
01-18-2003, 01:56 AM
when you write the book make it into a movie .. so I can watch it.
I don't like to read. :D

Loriel
01-18-2003, 12:08 PM
I think you should tell the story in a neutral point of view, like those history books do. Then you can also put some "original" texts, which are supposedly written by single characters, but only further elaborate the facts and not bring up completely new ones.

GoZelda
01-21-2003, 06:13 PM
I choose #3. You should have all sorts of different characters. Don't make them too important, like some Soldiers or something. Maybe i could be nice :D I was in Forest, and i now have Samurai, but i also like all the other Nations, and i say why i like the nations and tell what i know about them, i.e. the fall of Forest.