PDA

View Full Version : Ranks Thoughts

Larrien
12-29-2002, 01:53 AM
Hey, everyone.

Apologies for not being active lately. Christmas holidays, grandmother sick in the hospital.. but I'm back now. :)

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the current ranks. I know that a lot of people liked my older ranking structure, though I know anU changed all of the ranks. I also hear anU's account ran out and he will not be with us much longer.

If that is true, Saria is queen and will be sharing with me the responsibilities of royalship. I will be accepting reapplying members as soon as this rank structure is completed and all high ranking officers are given appropriate ranks.

As I said, suggestions, thoughts, your own structures, changes on the existing one, et cetera are all welcome on this thread. :)

Larrien
12-29-2002, 05:16 AM
Here's what I was thinking. Or at least, what we used before the tag wipe. :D

ROYALTY RANKS

King
Queen
Prince
Princess

NOBLEMEN

Archduke
Archduchess
Duke
Duchess

GOVERNMENT RANKS

Chancellor
Minister
Lord
Senator
Mayor

MILITARY RANKS

General (level 10+)
Colonel (level 8+)
Major (level 7+)
Royal Knight (level 10+)
Knight (level 6+)
Squire (level 5+)
@Engineer (level 1+)
Soldier (level 1+)

NAVY RANKS

Admiral (level 10+)
Captain (level 8+)
Lieutenant (level 6+)
First Mate (level 4+)
Gunner (level 4+)
Navigator (level 1+)

MAGI RANKS

Archmage (level 12+)
Grand Mage (level 10+)
High Mage (level 9+)
Mage (level 7+)
Wizard (level 6+)
Sorcerer/Sorceress (level 5+)
Apprentice (level 4-)

PRIEST RANKS

Cardinal
Bishop
Priest/Priestess
Monk*
Follower**

* Monks are basic fighters. They fight with their fists/worship.
** Followers are basic followers of the faith.
@ Custom rank.

----------------

Pretty basic, but I think it can work-- it's simple, and gives a lot of variety. Pertaining to custom ranks-- I don't know if we need so many custom ranks. It was getting out of hand. Everyone had their own custom rank.

EDIT: Forgot to neglect that the ranks go in order from "greatest" to "least". The sort of GUI order sent them off the page and made everything look disorganized. :\

LOA--Paul
12-29-2002, 06:37 AM
Navy ranks shouldn't require level. Although it makes the recruiting have a tad bit more of hands on. You should have the minimum level (5 it is now) and recruit for the kingdom navy based on ship-skill of people you see, or you know are using the ships frequently. Although when people ASK to join the navy then you'll generally want to test them, or know they have a background of experience with the ships.