PDA

View Full Version : Latest tests (from me)


Admins
06-06-2001, 09:22 AM
I took a lot of hours to test playerworlds. I am posting here what I think about them. I hope it doesn't hurt someone, these are my personal feelings. Some of these projects are in early stage, so take my comments as help for enhancing them.
If you have comments then you can of course add them to this thread, you can also open new threads for your playerworld project.

Auroria:

Has many levels and nice hangouts. But the level quality needs to be improved. Is there a map?

Teir'dal:

Has a nice main island. Where are the house insides? What makes krakkenctf there (this server should not start with stolen levels :-)? Has the other parts of the server already been worked on?

Trabia:

Is quite small and has a chaotic organization (refillers, jail, baddies).

Terra:

Has very nice houses. But there are many copyrighted images! The mario levels are nice but illegal. Is there a map?

Sparmedia:

Has a generated world, but there is not much yet except the water spar.

Outland:

There are good levels, but somehow it doesn't look big (yet).

Gallari:

There is a good start (nice use of lights), the kela quest seems to be good too. But there is not much more, there are too many levels with simple baddies.

Opengate:

Only consists of a little town yet.

LegendsEcstacy:

Has a big collection of levels. But the organization of it is very chaotic. A map for it would really help (if there is one).

habek
06-06-2001, 09:25 AM
Where can i try to play on these playerworlds? or are they just some unfinished playerworld that we can't play yet?:confused:

Admins
06-06-2001, 09:29 AM
Yes exactly, playerworld projects

habek
06-06-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Yes exactly, playerworld projects
DANG!

XilosTinsu
06-06-2001, 09:44 AM
LOL I just got an idea, Stefan u should put the playerworlds up on 1.28 so everyone can test them LOL :D

Admins
06-06-2001, 09:45 AM
Don't know if the owners would like that,
people are stealing to much

XilosTinsu
06-06-2001, 09:47 AM
BAH Guess you are right again :)

habek
06-06-2001, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Don't know if the owners would like that,
people are stealing to much
The owners might not gonna like it, but we're gonna love it!!!!:p

Admins
06-06-2001, 09:50 AM
Yes may be there should be some place
for downloading rejected playerworld projects
(if the owner agrees),
e.g. I have heard that Providence is not continued
(not sure why)

Lyndzey8000
06-06-2001, 10:18 AM
I test my PW on a 1.2.8 server with some of the other high admins.

What about Mystic Lands?

Tyhm
06-06-2001, 10:47 AM
Tyne said that he had a better idea, or something

06-06-2001, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Stefan

Sparmedia:

Has a generated world, but there is not much yet except the water spar.



Those were all hand made :( level generator dosn't use that type of map naming...


"sparmel-3-u-4.graal","sparmel-2-u-4.graal","sparmel-u-4.graal","sparme-u-4.graal","sparmer-u-4.graal","sparmer-2-u-4.graal","sparmer-3-u-4.graal","",""
"sparmel-3-u-3.graal","sparmel-2-u-3.graal","sparmel-u-3.graal","sparme-u-3.graal","sparmer-u-3.graal","sparmer-2-u-3.graal","sparmer-3-u-3.graal","",""
"sparmel-3-u-2.graal","sparmel-2-u-2.graal","sparmel-u-2.graal","sparme-u-2.graal","sparmer-u-2.graal","sparmer-2-u-2.graal","sparmer-3-u-2.graal","",""
"sparmel-3-u-1.graal","sparmel-2-u-1.graal","sparmel-u-1.graal","sparme-u-1.graal","sparmer-u-1.graal","sparmer-2-u-1.graal","sparmer-3-u-1.graal","",""
"sparmel-3.graal","sparmel-2.graal","sparmel.graal","sparme.graal","sparmer.graal","sparmer-2.graal","sparmer-3.graal","",""
"sparmel-3-d-1.graal","sparmel-2-d-1.graal","sparmel-d-1.graal","sparme-d-1.graal","sparmer-d-1.graal","sparmer-2-d-1.graal","sparmer-3-d-1.graal","",""
"sparmel-3-d-2.graal","sparmel-2-d-2.graal","sparmel-d-2.graal","sparme-d-2.graal","sparmer-d-2.graal","sparmer-2-d-2.graal","sparmer-3-d-2.graal","",""
"","","","","","","","",""
"","","","","","","","",""
"","","","","","","","",""
"","","","","","","","",""
"","","","","","","","",""

T-Squad
06-06-2001, 11:33 AM
i discontinued my playerworld project, by combining with faheria...now i shall never see the playerworld Murasamune in the server list i wanted so badly...instead i get to help make faheria the best server >=) check faheria out soon...it will have Murasamune levels, NPCs, and baddies, along with great levels and scripts from the combined server! shadrock has very nice ideas, and everyone has the ability to create the ideas....
bah...i might try and make a new server project....but the first one i worked on for 8 months and it got no where except to being murged :*-( im not saying thats bad...im saying i would have rather been able to let people see everything i worked hard on on its own server name....bah but if stefan doesnt like it...i supposed no one else wold either ;-)

Valder
06-06-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by T-Squad
i discontinued my playerworld project, by combining with faheria...now i shall never see the playerworld Murasamune in the server list i wanted so badly...instead i get to help make faheria the best server >=) check faheria out soon...it will have Murasamune levels, NPCs, and baddies, along with great levels and scripts from the combined server! shadrock has very nice ideas, and everyone has the ability to create the ideas....
bah...i might try and make a new server project....but the first one i worked on for 8 months and it got no where except to being murged :*-( im not saying thats bad...im saying i would have rather been able to let people see everything i worked hard on on its own server name....bah but if stefan doesnt like it...i supposed no one else wold either ;-)

i can't for some reason
do i need to register a different account for that server??

Munkey
06-06-2001, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Stefan
Auroria:

Has many levels and nice hangouts. But the level quality needs to be improved. Is there a map?


I have talked to the owner of Auroria about helping to fix up their levels. Hopefully he will accept my offer to help.


I was thinking about a way for pw projects to test their levels online and i thought about many diffrent ways but the only 2 i can think of are...
1) having a server set up as a test server and allow each pw project a few days to test npcs and such.
2) Create a Gserver *such as the 1.2.8 one that dosen't have a server list* that the owners can run and it would also run the overworld server. Let it only allow so many players on it.

I don't think either of those would work very well though. Probably cause alot of problems in the long run.

vergil
06-06-2001, 02:25 PM
i think i remember Mafukie specifically saying they were made level by level..

Birdbird_0
06-06-2001, 03:40 PM
I never use the level generator (I cant get it to work ahur :D) and I never steel other levels ideas or npcs, I think that the level screen shot where you can take screen shots of teh levels should be taken out, eventhough you dont get the npcs you still get the tiles. I try to stay original and tend to stay of the known PWs for fear of tile diffecency, in other words, big green grassy fields!

XilosTinsu
06-06-2001, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Munkey

... 2) Create a Gserver *such as the 1.2.8 one that dosen't have a server list* that the owners can run and it would also run the overworld server. Let it only allow so many players on it.

I don't think either of those would work very well though. Probably cause alot of problems in the long run.

Hmm, I kinda like that idea, but it would probably be a lot of hassle for Stefan to make another program.

Kaimetsu
06-06-2001, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by XilosTinsu


Hmm, I kinda like that idea, but it would probably be a lot of hassle for Stefan to make another program.

Another idea is that we could encrypt levels and put the worlds up for download - see my thread in the Future Improvements section.

Admins
06-06-2001, 09:47 PM
Spardmedia: yes but then you copied the tiles
that is like generating :-) But it looks good so far
just needs something in it

Murasamune: I liked it, but the overworld was too
chaotic, I thought someone is working on it?
The spear is so nice, would like to use it in Graal2001 :-()

For pw testing: could setup a server with a public
ftp password, but that migth mess up the machine
so we would need a dedicated server for that :-)
Also things are still too easy to steal, like ganis

06-06-2001, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Stefan
Spardmedia: yes but then you copied the tiles
that is like generating :-) But it looks good so far
just needs something in it


haha yeah, I kinda wanted to get it on a server though so I can see the levels connected together...

Admins
06-06-2001, 10:09 PM
make a bigmap.txt and put it in the folder with your levels, then open a level by double-clicking on it

06-06-2001, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Stefan
make a bigmap.txt and put it in the folder with your levels, then open a level by double-clicking on it

heh I know how to open levels :(

Check your PM! thanks :p

LiquidIce00
06-07-2001, 04:27 AM
Stefan,
maybe you should put a new categorie called like 'Test PlayerWorlds' or something.
and there people can post ip and port of their 1.28 servers if they want for other ppl to look at =D
Would help the owners get more staff and playerhouses.

Also if you would like to run your own 1.28 server with ftp just get a ftp server like Serv-U FTP and set it up, pretty easy ;)
(thinks bout mirc days)

=D

Munkey
06-07-2001, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
For pw testing: could setup a server with a public
ftp password, but that migth mess up the machine
so we would need a dedicated server for that :-)
Also things are still too easy to steal, like ganis

The problem i seen with that was if the ftp pass was released to only the owners of pw projects then they could steal npcs and such from other worlds. : \

Geovanie Legend
06-07-2001, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Teir'dal:

Has a nice main island. Where are the house insides? What makes krakkenctf there (this server should not start with stolen levels :-)? Has the other parts of the server already been worked on?


Ok I talked to you allready but you asked me to post this Stefan. I asked you if we could use the CTF, but you didn't say yes or no. Also we do have alot more of the server done now, such as every house but 1 is filled and we have a nice start to the server when the player logs on they go through a few things that'd i'd rather not state here, hehe.

WeirdmanI9
06-21-2001, 10:34 AM
Hello stefan i need to talk to u about SaijaRealm please reply or respond or something
[email protected]

Tybalt
06-21-2001, 10:41 AM
Stefan: Tyne is working on providence again

Butz
06-21-2001, 10:42 AM
Maybe a Gserver where one person can run the server off of their computer and have one other person log on to help them test NPC's and Levels and things like that

ownerofbabylon
06-21-2001, 11:57 AM
I would love for everyone to be able to see Babylon on my 1.28 server. I have it up almost constantly and am always letting people try it out. (Everyone loves it) Anyways, I will let people see it if Geovanie or Stefan accepts it because then I wont feel like the levels would be stolen because everyone already knew it was Babylons first. I doubt Stefan is gonna put it up, much less review it because I have sent him it numerous times and he never reviews it =..( I am relying on Geovanie to -=Pass=- it one day and hopefully then Stefan will look it over. :) But until then I continue to work very hard

toad1413
06-21-2001, 03:59 PM
Can someone plz send me Graal 1.28??

CrazedMerlin
06-21-2001, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by toad1413
Can someone plz send me Graal 1.28??
IL-E-GAL

t-dawg480
06-22-2001, 12:32 AM
Stefan did you ever tryout a server called the Xone??

ownerofbabylon
06-22-2001, 02:52 AM
I would let you get it from www.babylonserver.com but the angelfire ***got *****s took down my site for linking my Sig to there thing. My co owner is designing a new site and it will be up soon (in about a day) and it will have 1.28 on it.

LordAzeroth
06-22-2001, 03:27 AM
Stefan, I guess my email didn't get through. I'm still working on Providence. :D

Neonight
06-22-2001, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey8000
I test my PW on a 1.2.8 server with some of the other high admins.

What about Mystic Lands?


Dark Regions you mean. I'm putting it up on 1.28 as soon as I figure out how to.... damnit I hate 1.28 -_-

bo0ey
06-22-2001, 11:08 AM
Hey Stefan, I am making a new Trabia world (with no baddies). You only get 1 heart for answering a riddle, and the other things you get for collecting 20 Talisman. It's gonna have stuff like there is on Graal2001 (CT) and will also have a pet store that has Chickens, Frogs, Pigs, and Rabbits. There will be Paintball too. We have a graalmap, and a minimap. We have our own music too! This playerworld sounds like it will be the most fun. I just hope we pass :rolleyes: I am working on it, and it is evolving, so it should be a lot better soon. I was thinking of making a Jetski like I told you about on Graal2001 that you can ride on water with like a bomy. But Iwant this server to be non-p2p, so you're going to have to say if that is alright with you. Thanks :D

It said the zip of everything was too big, so I am only sending half of the files

Oinkness -Owner of Trabia

Neonight
06-22-2001, 11:12 AM
People can steal your levels now. -_- good luck on the server though

bo0ey
06-22-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Neonight
People can steal your levels now. -_- good luck on the server though

If they steal them, that means they like them :D

LordAzeroth
06-22-2001, 12:07 PM
b0oey, please shoot yourself :(

toad1413
06-22-2001, 02:08 PM
True, putting the files on here does mean that people can steal them and call them their own, but yes, it also does mean that people must like them.

bo0ey
06-22-2001, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by LordAzeroth
b0oey, please shoot yourself :( *boom x.x*

CrazedMerlin
06-22-2001, 03:00 PM
loal LIEK U GET TEH TALIZMANS AND LIEK JAKI CHAN COMENZ AND IS LIEK "HEY IM JACKI//CHINESE ACCIENT" AND LIEK U RUN AROUND AND LIKE DARKSHADO GETS U AND LIKE OMG BOO AHGHHHJ08JSAHFKAGFIH2Q#[email protected]%$#^^%@`