PDA

View Full Version : Ganis?


XilosTinsu
06-06-2001, 04:09 AM
I heard that you can't use complex ganis for free servers, then I also heard that you can use whatever ganis you want, just as long as you make them, so can I use ganis that I have made or am I wasting my time making them?

CrazedMerlin
06-06-2001, 05:42 AM
On free servers you can only use simple ganis, (anything that can be made using a NPC in gani form, to prevent lag)

toad1413
06-16-2001, 05:29 PM
How do you use ganis?? I can make them but when I put in an npc saying
if (playertouchsme) {
setani whatever.gani
}
is says that it should be setani string,string;
Grr! I can't get them to work!!

grim_squeaker_x
06-16-2001, 06:13 PM
Try making that:
if (weaponfired) {
setani whatever,; //Please note the ',' normally you'd write params behind it, for some reason that setani command always wants it there.
}

AlexH
06-19-2001, 12:24 AM
No no no
put this in the NPC

if (playerenters) {
setcharani whatever,any gifs it needs;
}

Kaimetsu
06-19-2001, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by AlexH
No no no
put this in the NPC

if (playerenters) {
setcharani whatever,any gifs it needs;
}

Dear god, I hope you're joking.

Bhala
06-19-2001, 02:05 AM
yea I think thats it but it is only needed if you use the same gani for f-more then one gif

Kaimetsu
06-19-2001, 02:07 AM
Nononononono!!!

The extra params are just extra params. The gani says what to do with them, but usually it's related to which images are shown.

However, they are NOT needed and they are NOT fundamentally restricted to images.

Bhala
06-19-2001, 02:15 AM
Oh ok...I dont script much so I dont know heh

Kaimetsu
06-19-2001, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Bhala
Oh ok...I dont script much so I dont know heh

At the moment your description is roughly accurate. But I'm betting that soon ganis will get more complicated and params will be used for more.

T-Squad
06-19-2001, 03:40 AM
yes that would be VERY nice...scripting functions in ganis woudl be great, that way you could make a non-laggy client side stuff that *lots of blahs* and therefore reduce the amount of lag on servers, at the same time as making the same effect and amount of control you have with showimg

Kaimetsu
06-19-2001, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by T-Squad
yes that would be VERY nice...scripting functions in ganis woudl be great, that way you could make a non-laggy client side stuff that *lots of blahs* and therefore reduce the amount of lag on servers, at the same time as making the same effect and amount of control you have with showimg

Exactly what I've been nagging Stefan for. However, I believe these "script ganis" will be separate to normal ganis.

Sidenote: I'm gonna use them for my Drakkara.